Horror Digital Forum  

Go Back   Horror Digital Forum > All Things Horror > Slashers

Old 07-08-2010, 09:51 AM   #91
Stige
HackMaster

ay word on if the AWE release is progressiv , been sitting here drumming my fingers on whether to buy or not..
Stige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 07:01 AM   #92
springjack
Maniac

Quote:
ay word on if the AWE release is progressiv , been sitting here drumming my fingers on whether to buy or not..
Gspot tells me that the video is interlaced.
Don?t know if the program is any good because even in other progressive dvds it tells me that the video contains interlaced videos.

On the other hand it doesn?t surprised me because this looks like tha exact same print as the region 1.

If you want, latter this night I can post some screens for you to compare agains the review on this site.

Can you tell me what the size of the pictures on the reviews?
________
Asian anal

Last edited by springjack; 03-20-2011 at 09:49 PM.
springjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 09:23 AM   #93
Stige
HackMaster

hve no idea sorry , but I have the BCI version , and I live in Norway so I can get the AWE release , all the other ones from them have beaten the compitition hands down ( AWE release). Maybe I'll get it just for the PAl transfer
Stige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 01:26 PM   #94
shithead
Death By Ejaculation

So the new AWE release is worth buying? I've wanted to see this for the longest time...the AWE is in english though right?

My DVDs
shithead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 02:12 PM   #95
Katatonia
Master of Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by shithead View Post
So the new AWE release is worth buying? I've wanted to see this for the longest time...the AWE is in english though right?
The AWE release is in English. Of course you have the PAL speedup with it though.

It also has the three commentary tracks that were on the R1 DVD release. The features look pretty much identical, and it's probably from the same transfer.

Katatonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 01:35 AM   #96
bloodthrill
Stalker

Anyone have Intruder from Another World Entertainment?I'd consider the upgrade (based on the cover art alone!) if the picture was better than the 2 Dragon editions,or the Wizard/Full Moon U.S. release. It seems to share the goodies from the Dragon digipak, (including deleted scenes),so I'm guessing it contains this transfer?The stills look amazing,save for one,but I highly doubt they were pulled from the film itself, (more like publicity stills).
Old 07-29-2010, 08:21 AM   #97
foller
Stalker

@bloodthrill

Ever heard of the new German DVD? - released under the alternative title "Bloodnight". You can find screenshots here:

http://www.dvd-forum.at/29112/dvd_review_detail.htm

Just click on "weitere Screenshots zur DVD".
foller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 05:59 AM   #98
bloodthrill
Stalker

Hmm...thanks, foller.I hadn't heard of the 'Bloodnight' release,(tough to tell from the screen caps whether this is any better than the Region 1,certainly better than either Dragon edition).I will say there appears to be more detail present than any of the others,but I'm wondering if its a PAL conversion of the U.S. Wizard print?

Its hard to imagine Intruder looking that great overall,simply because most uncut sources seem to be a cleaned up bootleg.The best the flick ever looked to me was the Paramount R-rated VHS.Of course anything of interest was chopped out gore-wise,but the lighting revealed so much detail in the foreground that the murkier DVD prints can't seem to touch,(the final ten minutes in the parking lot showdown comes to mind).

Can anyone who has the German 'Bloodnight' edition comment?This is one of my top five fave slashers,and I would happily pick up a third edition if the quality were worth it.But I don't have a region free player,only one that can play PAL region 0.My DVD player is part of a six-speaker surround system.

Edit: *In the description,it does appear to be PAL region 0*

Last edited by bloodthrill; 07-30-2010 at 06:04 AM.
bloodthrill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 04:12 AM   #99
Katatonia
Master of Doom

The Scorpion DVD re-release is coming on 9/18:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0089AJDNS/

Katatonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 08:02 PM   #100
bigdaddyhorse
Detroit Hi-on

I love that amazon says 1 disc despite the cover clearly stating 2.

No blu-ray = stick with my BCI copy.
Congrats to all who missed out on the first SE, now you can get it for a reasonable price. Wonder if it will have the poster repos.

My Fucking DVDS
bigdaddyhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 08:22 PM   #101
Mutilated Prey
Soul Stealer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdaddyhorse View Post
Congrats to all who missed out on the first SE, now you can get it for a reasonable price. Wonder if it will have the poster repos.
Yup, me too - got mine for cheap when it was first released, and I haven't even watched it yet. I see some dood on eBay selling it for $95
Old 07-17-2012, 10:32 PM   #102
CPT HOOK
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutilated Prey View Post
Yup, me too - got mine for cheap when it was first released, and I haven't even watched it yet. I see some dood on eBay selling it for $95
Yikes! Maybe I should throw my BCI disc up there.
CPT HOOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 10:59 PM   #103
Demoni
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdaddyhorse View Post
I love that amazon says 1 disc despite the cover clearly stating 2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutilated Prey View Post
Except for the fact that this print is way superior to all the previous releases (Code Red had screens on their blog) and the audio commentary is unedited, according to previous posts of Code Redīs Maniac Bill.

http://codereddvdblog.blogspot.pt/20...ming-back.html
Demoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 11:08 PM   #104
bigdaddyhorse
Detroit Hi-on

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demoni View Post
Except for the fact that this print is way superior to all the previous releases (Code Red had screens on their blog) and the audio commentary is unedited, according to previous posts of Code Redīs Maniac Bill.

http://codereddvdblog.blogspot.pt/20...ming-back.html

Errrrrr!
See, that right there is fucking annoying. Mention it's a brand new HD transfer, then only offer a dvd? I'd buy a BD in a second, but doubt that a slightly better dvd is worth it, esp. knowing they have a fucking HD master and could easily release blu-ray at any point. So I'll wait for true HD, not down-converted for me to up-convert again.

What is up with the commentary though? I never bothered to listen to it, but what was/is so controversial? Does sweeten the pot slightly, but I want HD dangit.

My Fucking DVDS
bigdaddyhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 12:03 AM   #105
Ptflea2
Maniac

Being picky here, but that cover is terrible. The BCI cover was way better.
Ptflea2 is offline   Reply With Quote