Horror Digital Forum  

Go Back   Horror Digital Forum > All Things Horror > General

Old 10-26-2012, 10:26 PM   #61
Mikey Horror
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthropophagus View Post
It's five bucks on cable PPV tonight, so that'll do for me.
$24.99 at our Best Buy, really, does anyone pay these crazy prices for these b-movies knowing they'll be in the discount bin before long.
I can see someone shelling for something like a Shout! Factory edition on the day of release, but this? and at these prices?
My Best Buy was selling it for $16.99 this week. Do prices differ from store to store?
Old 10-26-2012, 10:41 PM   #62
Anthropophagus
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikey Horror View Post
My Best Buy was selling it for $16.99 this week. Do prices differ from store to store?
Canadian retail outlets are generally more expensive than their United States' counterparts, though it is changing slightly.
Anthropophagus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 11:37 PM   #63
fceurich39
HackMaster

Just watched it i thought it was decent better than 3 of course but oh man the sets/buildings looked so terrible other than that i was fine with it.
fceurich39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 04:42 AM   #64
elDomenechHDG
HackMaster

The "town" depicted in Wrong Turn 5 reminded me of the Sesame Street sets. Or those obviously fake studio backlot sets you saw alot on TV shows like The Twilight Zone.

I thought this entry was OK but I'm done with this series. They're just getting sillier and dumber.
elDomenechHDG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 05:35 AM   #65
Anthropophagus
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjg View Post
this is one bad movie. Filmed in Bulgaria with an Irish English cast trying to sound like their from West Virginia with a set that looks like its from a Ed Wood movie. Where the hell are the town people they cant all be at the Mountain Man Festival or what ever the fuck its called.Dont waist your money on this piece of shit.
Thank the Lord I read your review and thank you for saving me some bucks. This was not even worth the five dollar rental, I had read some good advance press about this being one of those killer b-movie slasher throwbacks to the eighties-what bullshit, even the lowest budget eighties film was never this bad.
Plywood sets, wooden acting, unlikeable characters, make-up jobs on the inbreds that looked like twenty buck Wal-Mart Halloween masks. This was just awful from start to finish. The town sets reminded me of the scrolling, repeating backgrounds in the old Scooby-Doo cartoons, either that or a cheesy seventies theme park like Frontier Town in upstate NY.
I loved the first with Dushku, the second with Rollins was pretty kick ass and the fourth quite watchable, but this was one of the worst films I've seen this year. Definitely my vote for biggest disappointment.
Old 10-31-2012, 01:51 AM   #66
sade
Screamy Bopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthropophagus View Post
Plywood sets, .
You wish, it's more like cardboard. This is where I had to hit the 'stop' button. I couldn't take it anymore
sade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 02:03 AM   #67
Anthropophagus
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by sade View Post
You wish, it's more like cardboard. This is where I had to hit the 'stop' button. I couldn't take it anymore
No idea why they cheaped out on this fifth entry, I thought the fourth had one of the coolest locations yet in that snowy, abandoned insane asylum.
It really does look like something out of Ed Wood's Night Of The Ghouls or Bride of the Monster, you expect the backdrop to shimmer or shake when the cast walks by.
Old 11-01-2012, 12:45 AM   #68
booper71
HackMaster

Doug bradley deserves praise for his acting here, by contrast the others are a lil above high school play quality. The movie was good, better than theatricals I've seen this year.
Old 11-01-2012, 01:26 AM   #69
Chunkblower
Stalker

I enjoyed it more than the last couple of installments, mainly for Bradley's commanding presence and some genuinely good gore. Not fantastic, but a fun watch.
Chunkblower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 09:20 AM   #70
Katatonia
The Dark and the Light

I thought it was quite entertaining. I didn't enjoy it as much as Part 4, but it was still better than most DTV crap coming out these days.

If you liked the previous installments, it's worth at least a rental.

Katatonia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 02:59 AM   #71
ReelFear
Maniac

I rented it for $1.20 at the redbox, so i have no regrets.
WT5 is very bloody, so it got that going for it. This entry got very cartoonish and I just kept thinking "what kind of town is this that has NO people??" It kinda felt a bit like Carpenter's Assault On Precinct 13 at times. The ending was pretty stupid and that girl's screams were so bad. I'm a fan of the series, so I will watch part 6 when it comes out, but I hope for an improvement next time.
ReelFear is offline   Reply With Quote