Horror Digital Forum  

Go Back   Horror Digital Forum > All Things Horror > General > Site Polls

View Poll Results: What's the worst Hellraiser sequel?
Hellbound: Hellraiser II 2 3.03%
Hellraiser III: Hell on Earth 1 1.52%
Hellraiser: Bloodline 2 3.03%
Hellraiser: Inferno 3 4.55%
Hellraiser: Hellseeker 5 7.58%
Hellraiser: Deader 3 4.55%
Hellraiser: Hellworld 7 10.61%
Hellraiser: Revelations 18 27.27%
I gave up on the series after the first few flicks. 21 31.82%
Hellraiser? That some kind of hair removal product? 4 6.06%
Voters: 66. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-26-2012, 01:33 AM   #16
Shlockjock81
HackMaster

I like to pretend the series ended with part 2. Part 2 may have been a somewhat unnecessary continuation of the story, but it wrapped everything up nicely.

I remember trying to watch the rest in the series and ended up hating the SHIT out of them.
Shlockjock81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 01:47 AM   #17
startide
Stalker

Um, I thought Hellraiser was terrible, why the hell would I seek out any of its sequels? OK, maybe not terrible, but I certainly didn't want to watch it again. (Other than Pinhead, the slimy bloody bodies and Clare Higgins I don't even remember anything about it!)
startide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 02:23 AM   #18
Kolpitz
Purely and Simply Evil

It's great to see some love for Hellraiser: Inferno on here. That film is one of the most underrated films out there. Anyway, since we're stack-ranking them, here we go:

1.) Hellraiser
2.) Hellbound: Hellraiser II
3.) Hellraiser: Inferno
4.) Hellraiser III: Hell on Earth
5.) Hellraiser: Bloodline
6.) Hellraiser: Hellseaker
7.) Hellraiser: Hellworld
8.) Hellraiser: Deader
9.) Hellraiser: Revelations

My DVD Collection

Everybody's Doing It

Be a Follower

The Films I've Watched: 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013
Kolpitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 03:36 AM   #19
Katatonia
Master of Doom

Revelations is the absolute worst sequel, by far. What were they even thinking by making this turd??

Katatonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 04:18 AM   #20
KamuiX
The Eighth Samurai

The first is a horror masterpiece, the second isn't far behind, and Inferno is the only good one after those. That's six crappy entries to choose from, but the worst has to be Revelations...it makes the the other 5 look like masterpieces by comparison.

Please visit my site...It's the future!

Wii Friend Code: 8897-8584-2714-5768 // XBL & PS3 GamerTag: KamuiXZero
KamuiX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 05:55 AM   #21
DVD-fanatic-9
Tough Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorallySound View Post
I've seen all but the new Revelations, and likely won't see it. After the fifth film and when Rick Bota takes the reigns this series takes a straight nosedive into shit. Hellworld being the worst of what I've seen

Hellraiser: Inferno - 3.5/5 (I dunno what it is about this noir Hellraiser mash-up, but I enjoy the hell out of this film, which may be my second favourite of the series)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikey Horror View Post
Out of all the others, I'd have to go with Hellworld. That entry was just God awful. I still don't get all the hate for Inferno. Other than the Cenobites being shoe horned into a movie than was never intended to be a Hellraiser sequel, I thought it was damn good and it's one of my favorite sequels.
The movie was also really working for me for a long time, except for the CGI and the very made-for-TV quality to the tone of the "dark" scenes (the leather guy in particular: "you gonna frisk me or fuck me"). Hell, scratch the latter there: I'm so keen on seeing more suggestive homoeroticism that even the sad straight guys pretending is charming in a Troll 2 kind of way. The movie just plain got dull in the middle, then got Really Bad at the end. Earth-shatteringly bad. Which coincides with the shoehorned (you called it) arrival of Pinhead. And his awful dialogue. (Has it... been any good since the first film? At least Bloodline was entertainingly bad.) The final 30 minutes are entirely unsalvageable. A good example of why can be found in the phony-cerebral image of the 2 or 3 Craig Sheffers representing a split of conscience/spirituality/whatever (didn't he at one point also make a Father-Son-Holy Ghost analogy or something like that?)... I can't believe the people in charge of this project decided to lift a trick from Freddy's Dead, let alone the film's worst scene: "Free me, you idiot- I'm your fucking memory!!" I'll take Bloodline reducing Pinhead and the new Cenobite characters to Power Rangers villains over this any day ("After 10,000 years I'm free- it's time to conquer Earth!").

I put Hellseeker ahead because it looked better, the ending was actually good, and despite how awful the 70-80% majority was of the film from the hospital scene to the moment Kirsty comes back- I thought the movie's sexual kinks actually felt legitimate (unlike Inferno's bubble-gum pop approximation of a leatherman) and... perhaps even researched, by comparison. The film was actually an interesting experience in being quite good when it didn't suck. The only real problem is (well, other than CGI) that it's desperate to be a mindfuck and has the worst ideas for "playing" with your mind. Hellworld was a lot better than I expected, by the by. I know I ranked it 2nd to last but it was still better than every Saw movie I've seen. It was a love-letter to the 90's, is what it was; anyone else notice that? If it had only cast less annoying actors and worked a little on the dialogue... it would have been decent. Of course, I'm saying that because... holy shit: it actually tried to do something different than what was trendy at that time (Wolf Creek and the Saw sequels). It didn't pretend to be smart and didn't try to put on the "ooh, we're SO confrontational" front that every survival horror pos was at that time.
DVD-fanatic-9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 10:13 AM   #22
Luki
Victim

I have a soft spot for Inferno, Hellseeker and Deader. I like them and enjoy them, though not necessarily as Hellraiser flicks. I think they are solid DTV horror entertainment, especially Deader which I like a lot.

I voted Revelations as the worst of the sequels.
Luki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 03:05 PM   #23
JGrendel
HackMaster

Anyone else feel like Doug's been pretty much phoning it in since Bloodlines?
JGrendel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 05:03 PM   #24
Vance Vandy
Stalker

I think the first six are all quite good in different ways. After Hellseeker, however, they drop off badly. Hellworld is the worst.
Vance Vandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 05:41 PM   #25
Mok
HackMaster

Aside from the shitty pinhead, Revelations is one of the better Hellraiser sequels.
Mok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 11:16 PM   #26
Copyboy
Maniac

I honestly can't vote in this as every movie after the space one is a big blur. I couldn't tell you which one is which. I remember one had a cute reporter girl who smelled of cigarettes and patchouli, one had Kirsty return, one had kids either at a rave or house party, one was a Carnival of Souls rip off, but yeah, none of them really stand out and I would never be able to match my little synopses with the titles!
Copyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 12:40 AM   #27
rhett

Quote:
Originally Posted by Copyboy View Post
none of them really stand out and I would never be able to match my little synopses with the titles!
Here...I'll help!

one had a cute reporter girl who smelled of cigarettes and patchouli

Hellraiser III.

one had Kirsty return

Hellseeker.

one had kids either at a rave or house party

Hellworld.

one was a Carnival of Souls rip off

Also Hellseeker.
Old 10-27-2012, 01:04 AM   #28
Body Boy
HackMaster

Thanks to this thread, I decided to watch Hellraiser VII: Deader.

Don't get mad people, but... I didn't hate it. It was saved by its commentary. I'm giving it a 5. At least we had a somewhat likable lead.

Best to worst imo:

Hellraiser
Hellbound: Hellraiser II
Hellraiser V: Inferno
Hellraiser III: Hell On Earth
Hellraiser IV: Bloodline
Hellraiser VII: Deader
Hellraiser VI: Hellseeker
Body Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 04:42 AM   #29
thrashard76
Thrash or be Thrashed

I haven't seen any of the movies past Inferno but I'd say Inferno was the worst out of the first 5 movies. It was a good movie plot wise but it sucked as a Hellraiser movie. Pinhead was in it all for what...5 minutes?
Old 10-27-2012, 09:23 AM   #30
Body Boy
HackMaster

LOL why do I continue to watch this series? Well, Part VIII was my second of this franchise to watch tonight, and it was... well, it was good for the first 30 minutes, and I have mixed likings/dislikings of the twist ending. But it just kinda fell apart. Making Pinhead into a typical slasher was... well, it turned out how'd you expect. Not awfully, but... I'm just not sure if this was a breath of fresh air from the psychological thriller aspect or a step down. My rankings are now as follows:

Hellraiser
Hellbound: Hellraiser II
Hellraiser V: Inferno
Hellraiser III: Hell On Earth
Hellraiser IV: Bloodline
Hellraiser VII: Deader
Hellraiser VIII: Hellworld
Hellraiser VI: Hellseeker
Body Boy is offline   Reply With Quote