Horror Digital Forum  

Go Back   Horror Digital Forum > All Things Horror > Asian Horror and Other Pleasures

Old 10-26-2011, 06:10 PM   #16
aoiookami
Demon Fetishist

Yikes...this was bad. Like, really bad. It's one of those movies; The ones where even 5 minutes in you think "......damnit."

The characters are overblown caricatures who act like buffons, I'm not sure if this is a cultural thing for Korean movies, but The Host had a similar annoying goon who does things that defy all logic; Early on the crew find small unknown organisms which they store in a tank - token buffoon runs in, opens the tank and promptly grabs unknown organism with his bare hand and holds it up to his face because it looked 'cute'.

Terribly green-screened sets everywhere, one scene in particular where 2 of the crew race motorbikes around on the oil rig was particularly painful.

The monster is the worst part, my initial thought of it looking bland and uninspired rang true, it just looks like an amorphous blob, and the CG is on par with a SyFy made for tv movie.

The point where a character is being flung around by the monster like a ragdoll, yet was still able to spot and grab a bottle of acid off a shelf in mid-air, slow motion, and throw it at the monsters head was the breaking point for me, turned it off, didn't look back.

Avoid this one.

Last edited by aoiookami; 10-26-2011 at 06:22 PM.
aoiookami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 09:13 PM   #17
Steel76
Maniac

Yeah, the creature basically looked like a cartoon

Something to show people that complain about the CGI in The Thing prequel
Old 10-26-2011, 09:39 PM   #18
russweiss
Maniac

That's too bad. I like Asian films and had this on my watch/buy list.
russweiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 02:32 AM   #19
russweiss
Maniac

Finally saw this film. Have to agree that it was terrible. Reminded me of the bad CGI monsters that continually show up on the sci-fi channel. The DVD box for this film said it was a huge box office success in Korea. I find that hard to believe. Also the film seemed to never end even though it clocked in at a little more than 100 minutes.
russweiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 11:58 PM   #20
aoiookami
Demon Fetishist

Don't say I didn't warn ya :P But yeah, definitely one of the worst movies I've seen in the last decade.
Old 06-21-2012, 01:19 AM   #21
othervoice1
HackMaster

Was suprised to see High-Def Digest with an alternate opinion of the film- I would be interested in checking this out in 3-D - Ill expect the worst and hope for mediocre

http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/6571/sector7_3d.html
othervoice1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 11:33 AM   #22
maskull
No Avatar! Boo!

I agree that this movie felt like it was never going to end. There were probably 4-5 times where I thought "OK that's the end of the movie" only to have the monster pop up again.

The cgi was bad and everywhere, the 3D was pretty pointless and the one character I actually liked at the start of the film became a character that I just wanted to die by the end...

This movie was pretty damn annoying actually. Maybe if I ever watch it again it could be so-bad-it's-good, but I doubt it.