Horror Digital Forum  

Go Back   Horror Digital Forum > All Things Horror > General

Old 09-24-2009, 06:23 PM   #61
streetlight
Victim

crap man I'd love to get House that Dripped blood for that much. Zellers here I come. If I see anything else good/cheap I'll report back
streetlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 08:54 PM   #62
Novosibirsk
Stalker

Didn't find anything worthwhile for $2.99, and there was little to no horror......
Novosibirsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 10:35 PM   #63
Mok
Helena Harper

I can confirm this is going on in Canada at least. I picked up The Ghoul and Howling V & VI for $2.99. Also Giant Tiger seems to have the same deal/selection.
Mok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 01:11 AM   #64
indiephantom
Horny Spirit

Not as much horror going to for $2.99, but there was some interesting stuff: Code of Silence, The Hitcher (remake).

4.99 had stuff like Switchblade Sisters SE, The Amityville Horror, Harley Davidson & The Marlboro Man.

I've only been to one Zellers, so I might check out others tomorrow. I'm buying fewer DVDs though, since I've gone Blu...so most of it doesn't interest me too much.

indiephantom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 02:49 AM   #65
BloodMan
Kill Time B4 It Kills You

snagged The Hidden SE yesteray for $2.99!! :P

If I Don't Have The Right To Torture You, Why Then Do You Have The Right To Torture Me By Taking Away The Pleasure That I Could Get From Torturing You?

Remember, one cannot make footprints in the sands of time by sitting on their butt, and who wants to leave butt prints in the sands of time?
BloodMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 06:40 AM   #66
streetlight
Victim

went to zellers today, all I saw was The hitcher remake, Night of terror, and some other crappy looking titles from the 2000s for $3. so nothing good, really. I saw some Midnight movies for $6.88 but hopefully the price will go down on those
streetlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 08:25 PM   #67
Ash28M
HackMaster

Saw some good deals today on classic horror sets at the Zellers at Shoppers World Brampton.

$9.99 each

Inner Sanctum Mysteries: The Complete Movie Collection
The Bela Lugosi Collection
The Boris Karloff Collection
The Wolf Man - The Legacy Collection
Ash28M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 08:35 PM   #68
Ash28M
HackMaster

Picked these two yesterday for $1 each! I've never seen them before but for that price what the hell. I also grabbed Bubble (2005) for a buck.

Last edited by Ash28M; 11-12-2011 at 08:39 PM.
Old 10-28-2012, 04:10 PM   #69
maskull
No Avatar! Boo!

dudes! just got back from Zellers and I spent $94 on $2.99 dvds! A lot of crap but a few movies that I'd been meaning to check out anyway and a few that I had almost bought for $9 on amazon a couple of weeks ago. Glad I waited! Anyway head to your local Zellers..if you can stand buying DVDs still. All the ones I bought aren't available on Blu anyway.
Old 10-28-2012, 05:38 PM   #70
Ash28M
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by maskull View Post
dudes! just got back from Zellers and I spent $94 on $2.99 dvds! A lot of crap but a few movies that I'd been meaning to check out anyway and a few that I had almost bought for $9 on amazon a couple of weeks ago. Glad I waited! Anyway head to your local Zellers..if you can stand buying DVDs still. All the ones I bought aren't available on Blu anyway.
Which Zellers did you go to Cloverdale Mall?

Also what did you grab?
Old 10-28-2012, 06:42 PM   #71
rhett

Sadly all our Zellers stores are closed now and turning into Targets, at least in Calgary. What notables did you pick up, maskull?
Old 10-28-2012, 07:10 PM   #72
maskull
No Avatar! Boo!

Isn't the Zellers at Cloverdale gone now? It looked like it. I went over to Dufferin Mall. Tomorrow I'll probably check the one on Queensway/Kipling.

I may have oversold the movies a bit. They're mostly 2000s flicks. There were some Afterdark, Ghosthouse, Dimension Extreme, MGM, ...um some other label that I'm blanking on right now...there was a lot of other stuff that I wouldn't have minded picking up but the pile was too high. A few movies that I would have never bought if the price wasn't so low but I'd been meaning to rewatch.

Also there were a bunch of $4.99 movies as well. I picked up that Brad Pitt movie Cutting Class. I know nothing about it but I figured what the hell?

I know I got Mulberry Street, Scarecrows, Feast 2, Midnight Movie, Big Bad Wolf (yes, I really enjoy that movie!), Storm Warning, ...ah I'll post a list later on. Everything's downstairs at the moment.

Anyway there's lots of crappy movies that you may or may not enjoy for a really nice price at Zellers. There were also lots of 4 packs that I didn't really go through because I was already spending enough money, but I think it might be worth going to your local Zellers if there's one close by. There's like four big bins of movies to go through.
Old 10-30-2012, 05:15 AM   #73
MorallySound
There is no magic.

Checked out the Zeller's near me before the doors closed and with the prices between $2.99 and $5.99 with an additional 30% off picked up the following DVDs for $24 total:

Midnight Horror Collection: Puppetmaster 1, 2, and 3
Midnight Horror Collection: Puppetmaster 4, 5, and 6
Exorcist II: The Heretic (I haven't seen this supposed stinker yet, but I have heard the amazing soundtrack many times so I must see it!)
Summer's Moon
The Watcher in the Woods
Bully (Larry Clark)

Videonomicon | Mantis in Black Lace | Vimeo | Instagram | Letterboxd | Tumblr | Twitter | Reel to Reel | DVD Aficionado
MorallySound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 05:12 PM   #74
spawningblue
Deadite

Quote:
Originally Posted by maskull View Post
Isn't the Zellers at Cloverdale gone now? It looked like it. I went over to Dufferin Mall. Tomorrow I'll probably check the one on Queensway/Kipling.

I may have oversold the movies a bit. They're mostly 2000s flicks. There were some Afterdark, Ghosthouse, Dimension Extreme, MGM, ...um some other label that I'm blanking on right now...there was a lot of other stuff that I wouldn't have minded picking up but the pile was too high. A few movies that I would have never bought if the price wasn't so low but I'd been meaning to rewatch.

Also there were a bunch of $4.99 movies as well. I picked up that Brad Pitt movie Cutting Class. I know nothing about it but I figured what the hell?

I know I got Mulberry Street, Scarecrows, Feast 2, Midnight Movie, Big Bad Wolf (yes, I really enjoy that movie!), Storm Warning, ...ah I'll post a list later on. Everything's downstairs at the moment.

Anyway there's lots of crappy movies that you may or may not enjoy for a really nice price at Zellers. There were also lots of 4 packs that I didn't really go through because I was already spending enough money, but I think it might be worth going to your local Zellers if there's one close by. There's like four big bins of movies to go through.
I picked up a bunch of these as well, one I was really excited to grab was Mulberry Street for $2! Unfortunately when I checked out the aspect ratio on the back it says 2:35:1 where as the US DVD and according to IMDB, it should be 1:85:1. I know the case isn't always right so have you been able to confirm one way or the other, and if so what is the difference? It's not a huge loss for $2 but I would still prefer to have it in its correct ratio.

Thanks!

My Movie Collection

The Horror and More! Podcast
spawningblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 11:26 AM   #75
maskull
No Avatar! Boo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by spawningblue View Post
I picked up a bunch of these as well, one I was really excited to grab was Mulberry Street for $2! Unfortunately when I checked out the aspect ratio on the back it says 2:35:1 where as the US DVD and according to IMDB, it should be 1:85:1. I know the case isn't always right so have you been able to confirm one way or the other, and if so what is the difference? It's not a huge loss for $2 but I would still prefer to have it in its correct ratio.

Thanks!
Mine says 2:25:1 as well. I haven't actually watched the dvd yet though so I can't say for sure.