Horror Digital Forum  

Go Back   Horror Digital Forum > The Niche's Corner > High Definition

Old 08-20-2012, 04:25 PM   #1
rxfiend
Joe Six-Pack

Terminator Anthology BD (best buy exclusive)

This comes out next week, surprised no one has mentioned this!?! (unless I missed it)

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Terminat...&CJPID=3594900

Warner Bros is releasing this. Not sure what 1 and 2 will have on their discs. I hear 1 got a remaster recently and is being released in Europe. Not sure if that will be on this particular set or not.

Image from HDDigest
rxfiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 05:03 PM   #2
fceurich39
HackMaster

i know we need a review for the first film if it is a new remastered version i may buy it also a new canada release of the 1st film comes out next month also
fceurich39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 05:05 PM   #3
elDomenechHDG
HackMaster

I've been reading about this on other forums since mid-July - no specs, list of features, nothing at all, even a week before it streets. Went on High-Def Digest and didn't see anything about this over there, either. I suppose the Best Buy crowd is probably willing to pick this up blind when they "bump into it" at the store. I'm going to need a little more info before I jump for joy.

Last edited by elDomenechHDG; 08-20-2012 at 05:09 PM.
elDomenechHDG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 07:34 PM   #4
fceurich39
HackMaster

still no info but it is in bestbuys add for next week for 34.99 not bad but i read the special features for the first film has alot more that the original blu-ray release had so it may not be a repackaged disc it may be the new remastered version.
Old 08-27-2012, 06:44 PM   #5
bigdaddyhorse
Detroit Hi-on

I was looking for stuff about this today. All I could find was BD forums but those say the specs are wrong, and they are just the old discs repackaged under WB logos. None of this was concrete, but it sounded probable. Since I only have 1 and 4 on blu, I might bite and sell my solo discs, but am leaning away from it right now. We'll see how I feel if I see one in store tomorrow. Same forum was saying stores were only getting a handful of sets each, so they expect a quick sellout.

My Fucking DVDS
bigdaddyhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 06:59 PM   #6
fceurich39
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdaddyhorse View Post
I was looking for stuff about this today. All I could find was BD forums but those say the specs are wrong, and they are just the old discs repackaged under WB logos. None of this was concrete, but it sounded probable. Since I only have 1 and 4 on blu, I might bite and sell my solo discs, but am leaning away from it right now. We'll see how I feel if I see one in store tomorrow. Same forum was saying stores were only getting a handful of sets each, so they expect a quick sellout.
read that as well i already have all 4 on blu so i aint gonna get this. i was going to if the first film was remastered
Old 08-28-2012, 04:21 AM   #7
Shannafey
Don't Monkey With Me!

When is the new remastered Terminator supposed to come out? Is it really supposed to be an outstanding conversion? I picked up the Blu-Ray for under $5, but it is one of my top 5 fav movies of all time. Regardless, it would have to blow me away for me to buy it again, since I've bought it a bunch of times on VHS, DVD and now Blu.
Shannafey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 09:55 PM   #8
bigdaddyhorse
Detroit Hi-on

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shannafey View Post
When is the new remastered Terminator supposed to come out? Is it really supposed to be an outstanding conversion? I picked up the Blu-Ray for under $5, but it is one of my top 5 fav movies of all time. Regardless, it would have to blow me away for me to buy it again, since I've bought it a bunch of times on VHS, DVD and now Blu.
I think it's either just out or about to come out in the UK. Haven't seen a review yet though.

Found a review or 2 that said this BB set is just the old discs under a new cover. Same part 1, same lossy audio on part 3 (along with the cropping issues on the entrance of TX). Wasn't impressed with the packaging either. Pass! I also got the first blu for $5 but would trade it in for a great looking remaster. Figure I can get at least $3 at the used store for the old one, so if the new is cheap I'll do it again. I still have the first Image dvd! Wish I had sold that when it was worth something, now it's just a relic of Terminator history. Of course I have to keep my SE dvd for the extras too, glad I never got the laserdisc or VHS. But it is the movie I've seen more times in the theater than anything else, and I had to sneak in each of the 5 times I did!

My Fucking DVDS

Last edited by bigdaddyhorse; 08-28-2012 at 10:00 PM.
bigdaddyhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 11:14 PM   #9
fceurich39
HackMaster

canada is getting it sept 11th same day as mgm/fox texas chainsaw massacre part 2, killer klowns and jeepers creepers blu's but not sure why there's no USA release are they holding out for terminator 5???
Old 08-29-2012, 01:09 AM   #10
Demoni
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shannafey View Post
When is the new remastered Terminator supposed to come out?
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdaddyhorse View Post
I think it's either just out or about to come out in the UK. Haven't seen a review yet though.
In the UK... 1 of October.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Terminator-B...6195325&sr=1-3
Demoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 03:33 AM   #11
Shannafey
Don't Monkey With Me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demoni View Post
Thanks!

http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/The-Te.../51917/#Review

Not new additions in this set!!
Old 11-03-2012, 04:33 PM   #12
Demoni
HackMaster

Check out the new UK blu-ray versus the US blu-ray... is really like night and day...

So glad I bought the UK steelbook.

http://www.caps-a-holic.com/hd_vergl...D=1295#auswahl
Demoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 08:48 PM   #13
crikan
HackMaster

I ordered the UK Blu-ray yesterday. Can't wait.
crikan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 11:59 PM   #14
Shannafey
Don't Monkey With Me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demoni View Post
Check out the new UK blu-ray versus the US blu-ray... is really like night and day...

So glad I bought the UK steelbook.

http://www.caps-a-holic.com/hd_vergl...D=1295#auswahl
That is amazing! Didn't care about the new Blu until I saw this!!