Horror Digital Forum  

Go Back   Horror Digital Forum > The Niche's Corner > High Definition

Old 01-28-2009, 04:42 PM   #16
Grim
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt89 View Post
I'm still seriously tempted to grab the UK blu-ray of The Goonies since it has yet to be announced for North America.

~Matt
Meh, it's Warner Bros., I'd say hold off. Usually their UK releases are a pretty reliable sign of things to come in the US. The first four Batman films are a perfect example.
Old 01-28-2009, 07:00 PM   #17
spawningblue
Deadite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt89 View Post
I'm still seriously tempted to grab the UK blu-ray of The Goonies since it has yet to be announced for North America.

~Matt
It's coming this year. Digital Bits I believe mentioned it in their rumour mill, which 99% of the time is right. The Batman films have already been announced, and Goonies and Gremlins are supposed to be announced sometime soon.

My Movie Collection

The Horror and More! Podcast
spawningblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 01:18 AM   #18
Matt89
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grim View Post
Meh, it's Warner Bros., I'd say hold off. Usually their UK releases are a pretty reliable sign of things to come in the US. The first four Batman films are a perfect example.
Yeah that's what I keep telling myself everytime I check out Amazon UK. But yeah that's weird. Wonder why they get them first? I caved and bought the DVD of An American in Paris back in September and what do you know? It was just announced a couple weeks ago that it's coming out March 30th on blu-ray. Fuck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spawningblue
It's coming this year. Digital Bits I believe mentioned it in their rumour mill, which 99% of the time is right. The Batman films have already been announced, and Goonies and Gremlins are supposed to be announced sometime soon.
Sweet. I'm gonna hold off then. Blu-ray.com put up a review of the UK disc and it apparently has really good A/V.

~Matt
Old 02-09-2009, 12:11 AM   #19
Reverenddave
Maniac

THE COMPANY OF WOLVES is now 11.76 shipped at AmazonUK (about $17.50). Plays in my US PS3.
Old 02-09-2009, 12:50 PM   #20
Dave
Pimp

Well, looks like I'll be holding off on the T2 HD-DVD as well. Anyone see this:

http://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=2382

I probably would get the 'endo skull edition', as it really is one of my favorite action flicks.
Old 11-16-2012, 11:10 PM   #21
spawningblue
Deadite

I've been holding off but I think I am finally ready to jump into the import game. I want to stick to region free titles only. It can be pretty confuisng though as some titles are region free but the extras don't work. A lot of Arrow Video titles seem to be like that.

Is there a good site out there that shows whteher a not a title is region free including the extras?

Also, any help on these titles would be great, including whether the extras will play?

Highlander UK
The Thing UK

Basket Case Trilogy UK
Puppet Masters 1-3 UK
Return of the Living Dead UK

Bay of Blood UK
The Beyond UK
City of the Living Dead UK (I don't think the extras on this will work will they?)
Class of Nuke em high UK
Demons 1 and 2 UK
Funhouse UK
House by the Cemetery UK
Inferno UK (Will the extras on the Blu and the DVD play? DVD seems to be region free but PAL)
Lady Snowblood UK
Phenomena UK
Tenebre UK

Feel free to list any other Arrow titles you have and whether they are region free, including the extras as that would be the main reason I'm interested in most of them.

As well, feel free to list any other titles that have better PQ, AQ or extras then the NA release and are 100% region free.

Thanks guys, much appreciated!

My Movie Collection

The Horror and More! Podcast
spawningblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 11:36 PM   #22
buck135
The Duke of New York

Hey blue. "Return of the Living Dead" is region-free, but there is a work-around with the remote you need to do in order to get it to work. The movie and awesome two-hour documentary are region-free, however the other docs are locked. Same goes for certain docs on the Arrow "Dawn" and "Day of the Dead" blu's. I highly recommend getting a blu-ray player that can switch regions, then you don't have to deal with this. I just bought "Dawn of the Dead" (1978) from Austria. It's region B locked, however it is the European Argento Cut. I'm not waiting around and hoping that Anchor Bay will release all three versions on blu.
Old 11-16-2012, 11:56 PM   #23
Shannafey
Don't Monkey With Me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by spawningblue View Post

Also, any help on these titles would be great, including whether the extras will play?

Highlander UK
The extras played fine on my cheap Magnavox. LOVE this blu ray!!
Shannafey is offline   Reply With Quote