Horror Digital Forum  

Go Back   Horror Digital Forum > All Things Horror > General

Old 11-20-2012, 02:42 PM   #1711
zbinks
!OXOMOXO! ƎYƎ AM THE I

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spacetraveler View Post
Since Shout is releasing The Horror Show next year which is also House 3, does that mean there's a possibility of House 4 being released too or is the rights being held by a different company?
Different company. House IV was a New Line Cinema film, which means the rights are probably with Warner Brothers. The Horror Show (House III) was released by United Artists and is part of the MGM library.
zbinks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 08:09 PM   #1712
WesReviews
HackMaster

Scream Factory has announced the special features for Prison, The Video Dead, and TerrorVision...

Quote:
**PRISON & TERRORVISION/THE VIDEO DEAD: EXCLUSIVE ANNOUNCEMENT OF EXTRAS!

Our upcoming Collector's Edition Blu-ray & DVD combo of PRISON and the double feature BD & DVD combo pairing of TERRORVISION and THE VIDEO DEAD are coming soon February 19th! Get a load of the great extras we and Red Shirt Pictures were fortunate enough to be able to bring to you guys!

PRISON:
* Commentary with Director Renny Harlin
* Hard Time: The Making of “Prison” – An all-new retrospective with Director Renny Harlin, Producer Irwin Yablans, Screenwriter C. Courtney Joyner, Actor Tom Everett, Stunt Coordinator Kane Hodder, Special Makeup Effects Creator John Carl Buechler, Executive Producer Charles Band, Composer Richard Band, Production Designer Philip Duffin, and Production Assistant Patrick Denver
* U.S. Theatrical Trailer, Poster & Still Gallery and Original First-Draft Screenplay (PDF format)

TERRORVISION:
* Audio Commentary with Writer/Director Ted Nicolaou and Stars Diane Franklin and Jon Gries
* Monsters on Demand: The Making of “TERRORVISION” - An all-new retrospective with Writer/Director Ted Nicolaou, Stars Gerrit Graham, Mary Woronov, Diane Franklin, Jon Gries, Chad Allen, Ian Patrick Williams, Special Make-up Effects Creator John Carl Buechler, Special Effects Artist Cleve Hall, Executive Producer Charles Band, and Composer Richard Band
* Theatrical Trailer, Poster & Still Gallery

THE VIDEO DEAD:
* Commentary with Writer/Producer/Director Robert Scott, Editor Bob Sarles, and Special Make-up Effects Creator Dale Hall, Jr.
* Commentary with stars Roxanna Augesen and Rocky Duvall, Production Manager Jacques Thelemaque, and Make-up Assistant Patrick Denver
* Pre-recorDEAD - All new interviews with Make-up effects creator Dale Hall, Jr. and Make-up Assistant Patrick Denver
* Theatrical Trailer, Poster and Still Gallery, Behind-the-Scenes Still Gallery

Unleashing at ScreamFactoryDVD.com, Amazon and other fine online retailers. SPECIAL OFFER: If you order PRISON directly from Scream Factory, you'll get an 18" x 24" limited edition poster of the new key art designed by Jeff Zornow but act fast as only 150 of these are being produced.

Oh, The Horror! Reviews - Horror movie reviews... all decades, all sub-genres.
ACTION ALLIANCE - Action film talk with action film fans.

"Life differs from the play only in this... it has no plot, all is vague, desultory, unconnected till the curtain drops with the mystery unsolved." - Edward George Bulwer-Lytton
WesReviews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 08:21 PM   #1713
dave13
HackMaster

nice supplements. that terrorvision/video dead double feature is going to be a really great bargain if its priced like their other releases.
dave13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 01:42 AM   #1714
Katatonia
Master of Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave13 View Post
nice supplements. that terrorvision/video dead double feature is going to be a really great bargain if its priced like their other releases.
The SRP is only $26.99, which isn't too bad IMO. I'm actually surprised there'll be so many bonus features...I almost thought this one would probably be barebones, or just have trailers. Shout rules!

Katatonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 06:15 PM   #1715
dave13
HackMaster

here's the Prison original theatrical art that will be used on the flipside of their release. this is why i don't really care how their newly commissioned artwork looks - because shout always seems to come through with fantastic original poster art as an alternative.

Old 11-24-2012, 03:41 PM   #1716
SickNick89
Stalker

I love that about them too. The ironic thing being that Shout is one a the only companies that I like there new art so much that I dont even bother flipping it.

My DVD Collection:
http://sicknick.dvdaf.com/
SickNick89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 03:46 PM   #1717
ronnie21
HackMaster

any death valley reviews yet? Just pre ordered..
ronnie21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 04:22 PM   #1718
dave13
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickNick89 View Post
I love that about them too. The ironic thing being that Shout is one a the only companies that I like there new art so much that I dont even bother flipping it.
somebody mentioned (maybe chunkblower in his review?) that the great thing is you can flip the cover art and keep the slipcover and then you've got them both. that's what i've done with all the releases i've bought. one of the few instances when a slipcover seems worthwhile - usually i couldn't care less.
Old 11-26-2012, 06:21 PM   #1719
burieddeep
Stalker

Day one buy next year for me for most of these...

http://www.highdefdigest.com/news/sh..._in_2013/10568
burieddeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 03:37 PM   #1720
dave13
HackMaster

BD reveiws of The Island and Death Valley from DVDTalk.
Old 11-27-2012, 09:29 PM   #1721
ronnie21
HackMaster

awesome review of death valley. great on it having a good picture rating ... cant wait to see it.. I bet blu-ray reviews review will be much harsher...
ronnie21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 09:38 PM   #1722
Dobby
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie21 View Post
awesome review of death valley. great on it having a good picture rating ... cant wait to see it.. I bet blu-ray reviews review will be much harsher...
The cover sure does look like a blow up doll.
Dobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 04:42 PM   #1723
spawningblue
Deadite

I am a little late here but I am pumped for The Fog! It has been one of my most wanted titles on Blu. The Howling and The Burning will be must buys as well, with Lifeforce and Night of the Comet not far behind. I haven't heard of most of their new to DVD/ Blu titles (Other then The Town That Dreaded Sundown which I am excited for) so these are the announcements I have been waiting for! The other titles look cool from the trailers and I will check them out, but these are the ones I will watch many times over the years.

Either way, I plan on purchasing every title they have announced. Some people collect Criterion films, at least so far I plan on purchasing every Scream release. The only title I'm not really looking forward to is Day of the Dead, but I'm sure they'll add a stack of new extras that will get me to purchase it.

Add in all the action titles that Shout has announced and these guys are the saviours of the Blu industry. Horror titles haven't been trickling out as much as I would like them to, especially with Blue Underground hiding in most of 2012, but these guys have got me excited about the future of Blu again.

My Movie Collection

The Horror and More! Podcast

Last edited by spawningblue; 11-29-2012 at 04:44 PM.
spawningblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 07:01 PM   #1724
Mark Relford
Chairman of the Bored

I'm on board for most of their releases except for The Island and the Scanner sequels. Haven't been this excited for a company and their releases since the golden years of Anchor Bay! I think it's a great time to be a movie collector with this company, 88 Films, Scorpion and Second Sight Films giving us quality releases. The one thing that bugs me about the fans and I'm talking about the ones on the Scream Factory fb page is the constant whining over the alternate cover art. Sure, some of it's not the greatest, but I consider it be an EXTRA. You still have the original art and at least the alternate isn't some photoshop bastardization. I think it's been a great year for blu-ray and horror fans. Next year looks even more promising!
Old 11-30-2012, 04:45 AM   #1725
Nailwraps
HackMaster

The Duellists extras revealed:
http://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=10020

and Press Releases for:

Slugterra Volume 1
http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Slu...ane-Gang/17791

The Littlest Pet Shop: Little Pets, Big Adventures
http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Lit...ventures/17792

My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic Adventures In The Crystal Empire
http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Lit...l-Empire/17793