Horror Digital Forum  

Go Back   Horror Digital Forum > All Things Horror > General

Old 11-26-2012, 03:14 AM   #1
Mikey Horror
HackMaster

AMC: First Dish Network, Now Verizon

Man AMC are some greedy assholes. It seems every day they're asking people to call to get their cable providers to bitch and moan to keep AMC, while all along they're the damn problem. Trying to weasel out of their contracts and using their shows, mainly The Walking Dead, to basically bleed all the cable providers dry. I have a feeling this is going to backfire on them something fierce. Already there are people blasting them on their Facebook because now it's becoming clear that AMC is the problem and not the providers. I have Verizon and if they drop AMC for their greedy bullshit, fine, I'll just buy the seasons when they hit blu-ray and they can keep their 38+ minutes of fucking commercials for a one hour show.
Old 11-26-2012, 03:25 AM   #2
buck135
The Duke of New York

I'm sorry man. It's really a vicious cycle. The networks want a fortune, and the cable companies don't want to have to raise the already high prices. This has to come to a head at some point. Ultimately it's the customer that suffers.
Old 11-26-2012, 04:03 AM   #3
elDomenechHDG
HackMaster

I'm watching walking Dead right now and the amount of commercials is ridiculous. This is fucking cable, not NBC. It's literally the only thing I watch aside from the occasional weather report. Thank God for my massive DVD/BD collection :-)
elDomenechHDG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 04:18 AM   #4
buck135
The Duke of New York

Quote:
Originally Posted by elDomenechHDG View Post
I'm watching walking Dead right now and the amount of commercials is ridiculous. This is fucking cable, not NBC. It's literally the only thing I watch aside from the occasional weather report. Thank God for my massive DVD/BD collection :-)
That's why I DVR everything. I can't stand commercials. AMC and Spike are two of the biggest offenders. Has anyone ever been able to sit through one of the Star Wars films on Spike? I think each film lasts about six hours. I imagine they must break during sentences ("Luke, the Force will be wi...Did you know you could save 15% by switching..."). Thank god they don't have the rights to air the Lord of the Rings films. We're talking 12 hours before Bilbo even knows there's a ring. AMC's biggest issue is they jam The Walking Dead down your throat. Many times I'll be searching the guide and I'll see that a great horror flick is on, and then see that it's on AMC. I'll then keep looking to see what else is on.
Old 11-26-2012, 06:07 PM   #5
cjg
Maniac

Im with you I DVR everything including Sports. HBO and Showtime are the only networks I watch anymore anyway.
cjg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 08:03 PM   #6
baggio
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjg View Post
Im with you I DVR everything including Sports. HBO and Showtime are the only networks I watch anymore anyway.
Same here. I sometimes DVR sports too.
baggio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 08:17 AM   #7
Katatonia
Master of Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by buck135 View Post
AMC's biggest issue is they jam The Walking Dead down your throat.
And all of their other "shows". Comic Book Men... seriously?! And that Security show they had on earlier in the year was beyond stupid.

Katatonia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 02:43 PM   #8
WesReviews
HackMaster

Talking Dead is the most worthless show on TV right now.

Oh, The Horror! Reviews - Horror movie reviews... all decades, all sub-genres.
ACTION ALLIANCE - Action film talk with action film fans.

"Life differs from the play only in this... it has no plot, all is vague, desultory, unconnected till the curtain drops with the mystery unsolved." - Edward George Bulwer-Lytton
WesReviews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 06:20 PM   #9
baggio
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by WesReviews View Post
Talking Dead is the most worthless show on TV right now.
Tried watching one during last season. Must have been about half way through the season at that point. I turned it off after 15 minutes, never looked back since.
baggio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 06:34 PM   #10
bigdaddyhorse
Detroit Hi-on

It's hard to think back and imagine how we lived and watched TV before dvr. Best invention ever! I literally did not watch one campaign commercial during the whole summer/fall, except when they replayed em on the talking head news shows if I clicked to one of them. Hope all the political assholes feel they got their money's worth, they sure as fuck didn't in my house.

I recall Big10 network did some shit like this with Comcast a couple years ago, then NFL network followed. Thankfully both of those were worked out, but I still didn't get to see App. State whip Michigan's ass a few years ago. That game was lost in negotiations, but the rest were on. I was gonna change to Dish or something if they lost the NFL network, Big10 wasn't nearly as important but is nice to have.

My Fucking DVDS
bigdaddyhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 08:21 PM   #11
Katatonia
Master of Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by baggio View Post
Tried watching one during last season. Must have been about half way through the season at that point. I turned it off after 15 minutes, never looked back since.
You're not the only one. I couldn't get into The Walking Dead even from the first episodes... zombies or not, the style of the show bored me senseless. I've yet to see one AMC original show that I've been able to stand watching more than a few episodes of.

Katatonia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 08:48 PM   #12
CPT HOOK
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katatonia View Post
I've yet to see one AMC original show that I've been able to stand watching more than a few episodes of.
I felt that way about Breaking Bad, which everyone seems to go gaga for.
CPT HOOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 03:22 AM   #13
Dave
Pimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPT HOOK View Post
I felt that way about Breaking Bad, which everyone seems to go gaga for.
I challenge anyone to watch the first 3 seasons and not be completely hooked. First season is short so we aren't talking a major investment.
Old 11-30-2012, 04:31 AM   #14
Chomp
Rudest Motherfucker on HD

The Walking Dead is infinitely better now. The first season, aside from the pilot and a few moments in a couple of episodes, is damn near unwatchable. Believe me man, I was bored to tears watching the fucking show, but I stuck it out....it wasn't until about halfway through the second season did the show start to become enjoyable. Now, the show is damn near the best thing on TV... that I watch anyway.

And don't anybody talk shit about Comic Book Men...it may not be the most intelligent thing on TV, but its a guilty pleasure of mine...probably for all who are the least bit fans of the View Askewniverse. It has its moments.
Chomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 02:40 PM   #15
Zillamon51
Maniac

The Walking Dead is event TV in my house. My GF and I spend each Sunday night watching AMC from 8 'till midnight: Last week's episode, the new episode (twice), Talking Dead, and Comic Book Men.

I don't get Kevin Smith though. He's obviously a huge geek, but other than Red State, he's never made a horror, sci-fi, or super hero movie. He just makes vulgar comedies. What's up with that?
Zillamon51 is offline   Reply With Quote