Horror Digital Forum  

Go Back   Horror Digital Forum > All Things Horror > General

Old 10-22-2012, 02:55 AM   #271
Chomp
Rudest Motherfucker on HD

This show is so fawking awesome now...Rick and Daryl are fucking badass.

I love how the show has finally created the sense of unknown dread the comics create so well. That sense that every decision you make you are just waiting for the next bad thing looming around the corner...whether it be a huge herd of Walkers or a group of people you dont know if you can trust.
Chomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 04:33 PM   #272
baggio
HackMaster

Those first two episodes of season 3 really brought the gore. The gore was relentless and of very high quality. Seriously, enough killings for 4 standard horror movies.

Maybe it's being desensitized or whatever, but when you try to look at from the casual horror film watcher view, you really can't believe all the violence that those 2 episodes showed. I can take it, but really if you think about it, that was amazing. Imagine if you showed this to someone who's only "zombie experience" was NOTLD. They would be blown away.

Which brings me to this. Horror take note. That's how you present gore in a movie. High practical effects, minimal cgi.
baggio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 10:06 PM   #273
Workshed
Satan is Our Pal

Agreed, brutal couple of episodes to kick off this season. The pacing has improved, as has the writing. Of course, Carl is still getting loose somehow, ha ha, but I cannot wait to see where this season goes.
Well as the video explains, I do not think it is a great film, nor do I think.
Workshed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 12:01 AM   #274
Chomp

I really don't mind Carl this season...yeah, he's getting loose, but he's doing good things this time...not fucking everything up. And he's totally macking on Beth.
Old 10-24-2012, 02:42 AM   #275
Ptflea2
Maniac

Did I see a brief clip of Merle on "a look at the next episode of the Walking Dead" at the end of the second episode???
Ptflea2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 02:55 AM   #276
Chomp

Yeah...he was riding in the vehicle with Andrea...my guess is he's part of the Governor's posse.
Old 10-24-2012, 09:10 PM   #277
Shannafey
Don't Monkey With Me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chomp View Post
Yeah...he was riding in the vehicle with Andrea...my guess is he's part of the Governor's posse.
Yes he is.
Shannafey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 10:33 PM   #278
Chomp

This weekend is the mid-season finale. Pretty wicked season to say the least. I am really looking forward to this Sunday’s episode. Two things, however, I am not fond of:

Issue A. TV show Andrea should have been dead ages ago. I find her constant disobedience to Rick’s core group irritating and adolescent. Whether it be taking Shane’s side, arguing with Dale, or now being the Governor’s fuck buddy. She’s nowhere near as competent and appealing as the comic book Andrea. TV show Andrea reminds me of comic book Carol. I hope she receives the same fate.

Issue B. Michonne. Wow, did the writers drop the ball on this character. Everyone kept hyping her entrance into the series, but the writers have completely botched it. She's not interesting. Not fun to watch. So far hasn't even been an asset to anything worthwhile. And suffers from being the MOST ONE NOTE character in the entire series. And that's saying something.

But hopefully, now that Michonne has been introduced to Rick, we will see her progress and develop (as evident of thanking Herschel for fixing her up) because I don’t think I can take much more of her mopery.

Everything else is cream cheese. Rick is a loony badass and Daryl’s character arc from ornery hillbilly to trustworthy and endearing team member is certainly some of the best aspects of the show. As well as this seasons awesome zombie carnage.

And while the comic book Governor is one of the most ruthless, vicious, and vile enemies ever to grace the comic book medium, I do have to say, I really enjoy TV show Governor and the route the writers chose to take with him. He’s charming and cunning on the outside, but completely sadistic and psychotic on the inside….sort of like a real politician. Ha!

Last edited by Chomp; 11-27-2012 at 10:35 PM.
Old 11-28-2012, 03:03 AM   #279
allmessedup
It's beer time.

I am not up to date on the books [still haven't read beyond the first five or six collections] but from what I've seen so far I actually like the Governor in the show way better. I don't know what everyone sees in the comic version of the Governor.

The Michonne character is not annoying in the way I thought she would be, but I agree, her character is pretty dull.
Old 03-25-2013, 04:54 AM   #280
fceurich39
HackMaster

tonights episode was very emotional R.I.P.
fceurich39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 05:28 AM   #281
Mutilated Prey
Soul Stealer

Indeed. Looking forward to the season finale.
Old 03-25-2013, 06:12 AM   #282
Workshed
Satan is Our Pal

Great episode! I have bad feelings about
Spoiler:
the young couple. Exchanging vows = kiss of death.
We'll see!
Well as the video explains, I do not think it is a great film, nor do I think.
Workshed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 02:04 PM   #283
Horrorphilly
Maniac

Did anyone notice the zombie who resembled the plaid airport zombie from Dawn Of The Dead?

I thought that was really cool.

Sean
Horrorphilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 02:49 PM   #284
burieddeep
Stalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horrorphilly View Post
Did anyone notice the zombie who resembled the plaid airport zombie from Dawn Of The Dead?

I thought that was really cool.

Sean
I did...very cool indeed.
burieddeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 03:29 PM   #285
17thJuggalo
HackMaster

My biggest peeve about this show: 97% if the dialogue is whispered. God damn Whispering Dead.
17thJuggalo is offline   Reply With Quote