Horror Digital Forum  

Go Back   Horror Digital Forum > The Niche's Corner > High Definition

Old 12-04-2012, 04:31 AM   #31
Katatonia
The Dark and the Light

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPT HOOK View Post
I only have the DVD, but I've heard that the "Monster Squad Forever" featurette on the blu-ray is about 10 minutes shorter than the one on the DVD.

DVD = 87 minutes
Blu-ray = 76 minutes
Hmm, well that sucks. I thought sure it was longer on the Blu-ray, but I guess not.

Katatonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 05:06 AM   #32
chrismac87
Zombie Eater

It's also worth noting that there's new stuff in the Blu doc too that was shot in HD, interviewing more of the effects guys. So don't be too upset that it's missing anything, it's also added a bit too.
Old 12-04-2012, 05:28 AM   #33
Zombie Dude
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by elDomenechHDG View Post
This has probably been mentioned more than once before but it's worth mentioning again: you can save a lot of money by purchasing Olive Blu-rays from Importcds.com. You're in Australia so shipping will probably add considerably to the final cost but you can find most Olive Blu's for less than $15 on there. Better yet, If you order from them through the Amazon marketplace you might get it faster. Just a heads up.
Thanks for the heads up, but if shipping is going to add considerably to the cost then it still leaves me at square. I'm sure it will come down in price at some stage though.
Old 12-04-2012, 03:58 PM   #34
MorallySound
There is no magic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPT HOOK View Post
I only have the DVD, but I've heard that the "Monster Squad Forever" featurette on the blu-ray is about 10 minutes shorter than the one on the DVD.

DVD = 87 minutes
Blu-ray = 76 minutes
The DVD production was rushed, so the "Monster Squad Forever" cut isn't the final polished cut of the doc, as there's a lot of information that's repeated.

The Blu-ray version is the final tighter edited doc, which actually says the exact same info (with all the repeated bits of info cut out) and also offers some new footage (as chrisac87 stated) and info not included in the DVD version.

Videonomicon | Mantis in Black Lace | Vimeo | Instagram | Letterboxd | Tumblr | Twitter | Reel to Reel | DVD Aficionado
MorallySound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 08:16 PM   #35
fceurich39
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorallySound View Post
The DVD production was rushed, so the "Monster Squad Forever" cut isn't the final polished cut of the doc, as there's a lot of information that's repeated.

The Blu-ray version is the final tighter edited doc, which actually says the exact same info (with all the repeated bits of info cut out) and also offers some new footage (as chrisac87 stated) and info not included in the DVD version.
also the deleted scenes is a little bit longer in the blu as well i havent watched the deleted scenes though since i first bought the blu-ray
fceurich39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 04:52 AM   #36
othervoice1
HackMaster

Appears right now Importcds is quite a bit lower in price then Amazon- Here is what I paid:
Blu-ray Night of the Demons 2 (19.. *Pre-Order, Released On --> 19-Feb-13 1 0 0 0 0 $1.49 $14.19 $15.68 $0.00
Sub-Totals: 1 0 0 0 0 $15.68
Handling Amount: $1.50
Total Ordered: $17.18
othervoice1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 06:21 AM   #37
CPT HOOK
HackMaster

Yeah, I pre-ordered my Night Of The Demons 2 blu-ray from ImportCDs two weeks ago, as soon as it went live. Also ordered Ticks and The Boogens to save on shipping, both of which have already arrived.

Best part is I sold my LionsGate fullscreen NOTD2 DVD for the same price as the blu-ray, so I'll be upgrading for free.
CPT HOOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 06:29 AM   #38
Zombie Dude
HackMaster

Thanks for the link. Ordered!
Old 02-05-2013, 09:31 AM   #39
Katatonia
The Dark and the Light

My last couple of pre-order experiences with ImportCDs haven't left me impressed. I received them a good week or more after they actually came out.

Their shipping times sure are slow for being so $

Old 02-05-2013, 06:13 PM   #40
cjg
Maniac

Yeah ImportCds shipping sucks. And good luck getting them to answer an E-Mail
cjg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 07:23 PM   #41
elDomenechHDG
HackMaster

I tried the Importcds thing - I'm done with them. Their prices are good but it's a real drag having to wait for stuff to arrive for what seems like an eternity. I had a recent issue with them where I had to open a paypal dispute to get my money back. Had something on backorder for over 3 weeks and they weren't returning my emails. That's no way to run a business.
elDomenechHDG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 07:57 PM   #42
CPT HOOK
HackMaster

This was my first order with ImportCDs. They seem to be the only place with reasonable prices on Olive discs.

Ticks and The Boogens got here in a reasonable amount of time, especially since they were shipped from across the country (CA).

NOTD2 is $24.99 on Amazon, so I don't mind waiting a couple of extra days to save nearly $10.
CPT HOOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 02:45 AM   #43
othervoice1
HackMaster

Yea in this instance I dont have an immediate need to watch it so I can wait a little longer to save a few bucks - but its too bad they ship so slow
othervoice1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 03:25 AM   #44
Katatonia
The Dark and the Light

Quote:
Originally Posted by elDomenechHDG View Post
I tried the Importcds thing - I'm done with them. Their prices are good but it's a real drag having to wait for stuff to arrive for what seems like an eternity. I had a recent issue with them where I had to open a paypal dispute to get my money back. Had something on backorder for over 3 weeks and they weren't returning my emails. That's no way to run a business.
Yeah, they really suck with backorders.

A few months ago I pre-ordered a CD set from them for right under $60. It never shipped. I waited about two months and they finally got it in stock...yet my order still didn't ship. I contacted them and was told it was "automatically cancelled" because it was on backorder for more than 30 days. Deep Discount does the same thing. The price had since gone up almost $30 on the set. They informed me I could re-order it, and email them the old order number and they would then refund the price difference between the two orders. That's easier said than done...it took almost a month and 4-5 emails before they refunded it. Their customer service is terrible...it often took 4-6 days to even get a response back. I basically had to threaten to never order from them again before the refund even happened.

Old 02-14-2013, 10:01 PM   #45
Katatonia
The Dark and the Light

Night of the Demons 2 Blu-ray review: http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Night-.../61261/#Review