Horror Digital Forum  

Go Back   Horror Digital Forum > All Things Horror > General

Old 01-05-2013, 09:21 PM   #166
fceurich39
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhett View Post
I'm with you here buddy. Had a blast with this movie. It was a lot of fun. Definitely the HALLOWEEN 5 of the TCM series. This movie goes in some crazy directions. I loved the absurdity, the sloppiness and the whole unhinged nature of the approach. TC3D just really reminded me of a fun low rent sequel from the good old days before they were part of a polished, calculated studio machine. Up to this film I honestly wasn't much of a fan of the TCM series. Whereas other film series like Elm Street, Friday, Hellraiser and Halloween all really evolved from their first film, TCM was always a series that really just rested on the laurels of the first film and never really brought anything to the series that couldn't be explained by the iconic title. I thought this one had some fun with it and tried something fresh (I guess it is no surprise that it comes from the writer of Jason Goes to Hell, another unpolished, but inventive mess of a movie). Lots of fun scares, even more unintentional laughs, and a batshit finale. Fun all the way through, what a pleasant surprise overall. Don't pay the extra for 3D though, it's hardly used well (although it is kind of cool to see the footage of the original film post-converted into 3D at the start).

Again though, if the phrase "The HALLOWEEN 5 of TCM" means anything to you, you're going to like this movie.
Spoiler:
Do your thing, cuz!
hmmmm i wonder if the reason the TCM 40th anniversary blu-ray that warner was supposed to release in oct 2012 then vanished is because they are going to do the whole 74 film in 3D???
fceurich39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 10:58 PM   #167
DVD-fanatic-9
What Did I Say?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Body Boy View Post
As a big fan of Citizen Kane, I'd appreciate it if you never compare it to the likes of Jason Takes Manhattan.
Are there any prescriptions you've been needing to get refilled recently?
DVD-fanatic-9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 11:13 PM   #168
Body Boy
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVD-fanatic-9 View Post
Are there any prescriptions you've been needing to get refilled recently?
lol, I think I speak for mostly everyone here when I say that that question should be directed at you.
Body Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 12:36 AM   #169
DVD-fanatic-9
What Did I Say?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Body Boy View Post
lol, I think I speak for mostly everyone here when I say that that question should be directed at you.
Yeah, sure- you're the one who thinks it's the 80's again. That's clearly reasonable.
Old 01-06-2013, 12:42 AM   #170
Body Boy
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVD-fanatic-9 View Post
Yeah, sure- you're the one who thinks it's the 80's again. That's clearly reasonable.

You first say that I shouldn't compare F13 VIII to TC3D, but come back with a rude response when I do the same thing you do...

It's the 80s again in the sense of the electronic music and the nostalgia seeping into media. But other than that, I don't know what you're talking about...
Body Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 12:46 AM   #171
MisterTwister
HackMaster

Seeing it tuesday. Rhett's and others positive comments give me hope this will be at least dumb fun (I'm also a fan of Halloween 5).
Old 01-06-2013, 12:53 AM   #172
Zombie Dude
HackMaster

My hopes are back up after hearing that it's at least fun. Probably have to watch it on dvd though seeing as there's no word of this coming to Aussie theaters.
Old 01-06-2013, 01:26 AM   #173
DVD-fanatic-9
What Did I Say?

Quote:
Originally Posted by elDomenechHDG View Post
one thing thing I'd never do is compare a new film made today to one made in the 90's - stylistically, the eras are worlds apart. Texas Chainsaw III, while not a very good movie, is still preferable (to me, at least) to anything made today because what they're making now are essentially really long music videos. It's all about the visuals, fancy editing, and now 3D gimmickry that enhances the film in absolutely zero ways. Eye candy, nothing more. I'll always prefer low-rent production values and slow-burn storytelling over 40 million dollars worth of gimmicks.
How are things like this that different from the Saw series (now about 9 years old) and every single post mid-90's remake (going back as far as William Malone's 1999 remake of House on Haunted Hill)?

Otherwise: astute observations. Though, honestly? Good luck telling the low budget much apart from the "big budget." Except for, maybe, picture quality.
Old 01-06-2013, 02:21 AM   #174
mclay18
Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chunkblower View Post
It's worth the extra scratch for the carnival scene alone, to say nothing of Heather's chronic inability to do up more than two buttons on her shirt.
That climax scene with Heather's shirt hanging open was a cop-out. You'd expect to see her nipples popping out, but apparently Ms. Daddario's shirt was taped to her chest. Those bad boys deserved some screentime.
mclay18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 02:25 AM   #175
rhett

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclay18 View Post
That climax scene with Heather's shirt hanging open was a cop-out. You'd expect to see her nipples popping out, but apparently Ms. Daddario's shirt was taped to her chest. Those bad boys deserved some screentime.
They were too big...no shirt could ever fully hold them.
Old 01-06-2013, 03:16 AM   #176
fceurich39
HackMaster

More sequels on the way http://bloody-disgusting.com/news/32...saw-3d-sequel/
fceurich39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 03:26 AM   #177
Cooperkill
Stalker

I liked it. It was crappy but entertaining.

http://splattercritic.com/2013/01/texas-chainsaw-3d/
Old 01-06-2013, 05:32 AM   #178
Drinkinstein
Stalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by fceurich39 View Post
I didn't hate this one so much, nitpicks aside. More Leatherface on the big screen CAN'T be a bad thing, lighten up people!
Drinkinstein is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 06:34 AM   #179
mclay18
Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhett View Post
They were too big...no shirt could ever fully hold them.
Oh yeah. It could've used some T&A... considering the crappy gore content. And the script could've used a good page one rewrite... it was all over the place.

I liked where the ending was coming from, but it feels half-assed, edited to hell and reshot at the studio's request.
mclay18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 10:23 AM   #180
Zombie Dude
HackMaster

Yea I'm pretty sure I read somewhere on Bloody Disgusting that the film got sent to the MPAA a few times because they kept getting an NC-17 rating. If this is true then I assume the dvd/blu release will be a lot bloodier.