Horror Digital Forum  

Go Back   Horror Digital Forum > The Niche's Corner > High Definition

Old 12-28-2012, 03:41 AM   #76
Chomp
Rudest Motherfucker on HD

I want this...just waiting on Diabolik to get these in. C'mon you bastards!
Chomp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 08:49 AM   #77
Stige
HackMaster

count me in as another who thinks this transfer blows BU's away ( never thought I'd say that)
Stige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 01:57 PM   #78
Marv Inc.
Stalker

I have a Region A player i can try it out on.

5 mins later and...

Disc 1 wont play, so no surprise there but disc 2 dos'nt play either even though it should.

Last edited by Marv Inc.; 12-28-2012 at 02:06 PM.
Marv Inc. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 06:35 PM   #79
bruce h
Editor - CINEMA ARCANA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chomp View Post
I want this...just waiting on Diabolik to get these in. C'mon you bastards!
They've had it for a while now?

http://www.diabolikdvd.com/category/...Region-B).html
bruce h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 05:46 PM   #80
MorallySound
There is no magic.

Apparently Arrow's Zombie Blu-ray is "missing" 6 seconds for those anal enough to care.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrow Video
The second matter has been very difficult to resolve and that is the missing 6 seconds on the Zombie Flesh Eaters Blu-ray. After three independent QCs and literally hundreds of reviews, no one noticed the missing footage, this was brought to our attention by an eagle eyed customer and since then we have been looking into how to fix this. The missing six seconds are caused by the seamless branching 'in point' being incorrectly positioned 6 seconds late and causes a shot of the New York harbour and the movement of the boat into screen to be missing following the credits. We did not initially consider a replacement programme as the replacement programme for The Beyond has not been in a success in that sadly it has been abused as we have now issued many more discs than we actually manufactured. We have therefore decided that we will have a replacement programme for Zombie Flesh Eaters but at a small cost in order to deter those who have claimed discs by forging proof of purchase. Simply the disc may be purchased from our website so there is no need to send us your disc, or proof of purchase making the process very simple and as pain free as possible. Discs are now being manufactured and we will endeavour to make these available as soon as possible, this will likely be a week or so. The replacement disc can be purchased here: http://www.arrowfilms.co.uk/index.ph...=722&art_id=44

In light of this situation we have amended our processes for authoring and disc QC and we will endeavour for this not to happen again. We can only apologise and hope you are enjoying your Zombie Flesh Eaters packages otherwise. We have a bumper year ahead with some pretty fantastic titles that we intend on doing justice to, more restorations are planned and we hope there will be a few tricks up our sleeve you will enjoy.

Videonomicon | Mantis in Black Lace | Vimeo | Instagram | Letterboxd | Tumblr | Twitter | Reel to Reel | DVD Aficionado
MorallySound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 07:38 PM   #81
Chomp

You gotta be kidding me?!...I just received this yesterday too. I can't believe they're making you pay for a replacement disc; I can't believe none of the reviewers caught it...kinda sucks for us oversea-ers. Luckily I didn't buy the Arrow BD for the transfer...just mainly the supplements that I thought lacked on the Blue Underground disc.

Man, just when I thought Arrow had the perfect release...better packaging, better special features, and what sounds to be a slightly superior transfer,... they find some way to muck it up. DISAPPOINTED!
Old 01-08-2013, 08:15 PM   #82
f.ramses
Maniac

It's like I said...

Quote:
Originally Posted by f.ramses View Post
Maybe if they focused on the movie instead bundling it with 3 hours of crap that is not the movie...
Nice extras, jerks!
Old 01-08-2013, 08:34 PM   #83
Katatonia
The Dark and the Light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chomp View Post
You gotta be kidding me?!...I just received this yesterday too. I can't believe they're making you pay for a replacement disc; I can't believe none of the reviewers caught it...kinda sucks for us oversea-ers. Luckily I didn't buy the Arrow BD for the transfer...just mainly the supplements that I thought lacked on the Blue Underground disc.

Man, just when I thought Arrow had the perfect release...better packaging, better special features, and what sounds to be a slightly superior transfer,... they find some way to muck it up. DISAPPOINTED!
And now everybody for 6+ months is gonna be like "Is Amazon selling the corrected disc yet?!?"

But yeah, I was thinking of perhaps ordering this sometime... but now I'm glad that I waited. I'll just stick with the BU version for now, which is still a very solid release. I definitely don't want to go through the headache of getting a replacement disc from overseas!

Katatonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 08:50 PM   #84
MorallySound
There is no magic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chomp
I can't believe they're making you pay for a replacement. disc
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katatonia View Post
I definitely don't want to go through the headache of getting a replacement disc from overseas!
While I don't have their Zombie release, I must say I think they are actually doing the right thing with their "replacement" program for Zombie Flesh Eaters.

First, I've ordered directly from their store, and being in Canada, shipping was quite reasonably priced and fast. So I don't see it being that much of a headache if ordering overseas.

And second, you don't have to pay to ship your own disc to them, so right there that, to me, justifies them charging for the "disc only" from their webstore. Plus it weasels out those forging "Proof of Purchase" as they mentioned. So either way you'd probably be spending that same amount of money just to get the replacement disc via the classic method. Plus you don't have to wait for them to receive yours, you just pay and they mail it right out. That to me saves a lot of hassle, time, and headaches if you ask me.

Videonomicon | Mantis in Black Lace | Vimeo | Instagram | Letterboxd | Tumblr | Twitter | Reel to Reel | DVD Aficionado
Old 01-08-2013, 08:55 PM   #85
Katatonia
The Dark and the Light

Yes MorallySound, but you still have to pay just to get the replacement disc. This could have been avoided with better quality control.

5.00 is around $8.00 US. That would hardly make me happy being forced to spend more just to get the correct product.

Old 01-08-2013, 08:57 PM   #86
MorallySound
There is no magic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katatonia View Post
Yes MorallySound, but you still have to pay just to get the replacement disc. This could have been avoided with better quality control.

5.00 is around $8.00 US. That would hardly make me happy being forced to spend more just to get the correct product.
I'm just saying you'd be paying either way to get the replacement disc with shipping. And the way they are doing it speeds up the process of you obtaining a replacement disc if you so choose.

Old 01-08-2013, 09:05 PM   #87
Katatonia
The Dark and the Light

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorallySound View Post
I'm just saying you'd be paying either way to get the replacement disc with shipping. And the way they are doing it speeds up the process of you obtaining a replacement disc if you so choose.
Yeah I know, but I still find it lame. I ordered a CD from Europe about 6 months ago from a very small record label. There was a 2-second audio dropout/defect. They sent out free disc replacements the world over, no questions asked.

Old 01-08-2013, 09:19 PM   #88
Chomp

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorallySound View Post
Yeah, because that's what I want to look forward to every time I purchase an Arrow disc...the possibility I may have to buy a replacement disc.

Maybe you're just trying to be a "glass full" type of guy, but stop trying to justify the situation. They fucked up...again. Its a real hassle for the consumers because it keeps happening. Quality control over there is for shit. They are just lucky their packaging is so cool, otherwise I'd really rip them a new one.
Old 01-08-2013, 10:12 PM   #89
dave13
HackMaster

a little disappointing, but i've got two other (complete) copies of the film in my library that i never had any intention of getting rid of. if it were shots of Auretta Gay scuba diving that were missing, i'd probably be a lot more upset but as it is, i can live without a couple of seconds of sailboat. i'm not about to spend $8 for a replacement.
dave13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 03:42 AM   #90
SaviniFan
I Have A Fetish

It's a wonderful transfer and I had no idea any footage of the boat was missing in the beginning. AKA, I don't give a rat's ass about a replacement. It's nice that they are offering a way for those that want it though.

PS3 Gamer Tag: SaviniFan Steam Gamer Tag: ToastyBuffoon

My DVD Profiler
SaviniFan is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
zombie arrow blu