Horror Digital Forum  

Go Back   Horror Digital Forum > The Niche's Corner > High Definition

Old 12-24-2012, 07:33 AM   #31
Marshall Crist
Stalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy S View Post
In theory with most labels yes, but you know quite well what would happen if they do so. You would see a storm of complaint like you have never seen before just because it's them, just think of their release of Marcy or Pets and the non-sense complaining campaign to get a little idea of what would happen.
I own and enjoy the PETS DVD, but that is about the worst print I have ever seen used for a pressed DVD. Sometimes Bill will throw on a tape transfer as an extra when the film element is in such shit condition, which I think is very reasonable square-up gesture.
Marshall Crist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 03:20 PM   #32
bruce h
Editor - CINEMA ARCANA

Currently $13.49 at Amazon -- about $7 cheaper than what I paid for it!
bruce h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 10:59 PM   #33
crikan
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chomp View Post
H-O-L-Y motherfucking S-H-I-T-!

How have I never seen this flick before?!?! I bought the BD on a total blind buy, and this is easily one of the greatest purchases I have made this year. This movie has everything! Ninjas, Bikers, Biker Ninjas, Biker Ninjas that deal cocaine!, a cheesy 80’s band (Dragon Sound BBHAHAhAHAhhahhah) consisting of Taekwondo black bets, gore, and quite possibly the best 80’s soundtracks I have heard since Rocktober Blood, all in amazing HD! My brain was on the verge of melting through my nostrils.

Absolutely fantastic stuff. Oh man, I needed this movie so bad…so, so, soooo bad. Thank you movie Gods!

“Friends through eternity, loyalty, honesty. We'll stay together through thick or thin!” HAHAHAhahahahahahaha…!

I was afraid you were over selling this one. Nope, you are dead on. I love the soundtrack, cocaine dealing biker ninjas and seeing John Oates do taekwondo. I'm headed to the Alamo Drafthouse to see Trailer Wars tonight. I wish I would have seen MIAMI CONNECTION in the theater.

crikan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 06:32 PM   #34
pwrslave
Stalker

Has anyone ever ordered directly from Drafthouse? I pre-ordered the "Oh My God Edition" as well as Trailer Wars "World War IX Edition" and I have not received either. Not to mention there was a debacle with signed posters being destroyed and I will not be receiving one, instead getting an unsigned poster and a supposed refund for shipping...I really wanted that signed poster

I have emailed them but wanted to see if anyone on the site has had problems in the past.
pwrslave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 06:51 PM   #35
MorallySound
There is no magic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwrslave View Post
Has anyone ever ordered directly from Drafthouse? I pre-ordered the "Oh My God Edition" as well as Trailer Wars "World War IX Edition" and I have not received either. Not to mention there was a debacle with signed posters being destroyed and I will not be receiving one, instead getting an unsigned poster and a supposed refund for shipping...I really wanted that signed poster

I have emailed them but wanted to see if anyone on the site has had problems in the past.
I pre-ordered the "Oh My God Edition" with signed poster way back in October from their website, and received the whole package on Dec. 24th. Had no problems with shipping to Canada, all was well packaged and shipped out on time.

Videonomicon | Mantis in Black Lace | Vimeo | Instagram | Letterboxd | Tumblr | Twitter | Reel to Reel | DVD Aficionado
MorallySound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 03:50 PM   #36
WesReviews
HackMaster

Finally got this in. Can't wait to give it a watch!

Oh, The Horror! Reviews - Horror movie reviews... all decades, all sub-genres.
ACTION ALLIANCE - Action film talk with action film fans.

"Life differs from the play only in this... it has no plot, all is vague, desultory, unconnected till the curtain drops with the mystery unsolved." - Edward George Bulwer-Lytton
WesReviews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 03:32 AM   #37
Chomp
Rudest Motherfucker on HD

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwrslave View Post
What's their email addy? I want to ask them if they plan on getting any more 7" in stock.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crikan View Post
I was afraid you were over selling this one. Nope, you are dead on. I love the soundtrack, cocaine dealing biker ninjas and seeing John Oates do taekwondo.
Man, this movie just makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside...like the first time you feel up a chick...just this real comfortable sensation. Its such a positive ego boosting film...aside from the cocaine and the stabbings and the cutting off limbs, fighting, bullying, this movie just puts you in a good mood.

Boss ridin' ya at work? Watch Miami Connection. Having trouble paying bills on time? Watch Miami Connection. Significant other not putting out? Watch Miami Connection. Retards in Congress jerking off the American people? Watch Miami Connection. All your troubles will fade into obscurity.

Last edited by Chomp; 01-08-2013 at 03:40 AM.
Chomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 05:16 AM   #38
lanemyer774
Victim

Quote:
What's their email addy? I want to ask them if they plan on getting any more 7" in stock.
Funny you ask that as I was wondering the same. Well they are. I PM'd them earlier on FB & got this reply

"We are currently out of stock on the 7" but more are being pressed and will be available in the near future. Keep an eye out!"

Then to get an email notification of when they do...

"Head over to any of our offers to sign up. You'd probably dig the Dragon sound mp3s, so sign up here! http://drafthousefilms.com/film/miami-connection"

Download the free 2-song Jam Pack & it will ask you for your email address.
lanemyer774 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 06:29 PM   #39
Chomp

Rad...they are pressing more? Badass!

Yeah, I downloaded the two songs from Drafthouse's website, so I should get the update as to when they get more in stock. I just hope the way those two MP3's sound is not how they sound on the 7"....it sounds like they just ripped it right from the film as you can hear the audience clapping in the background and the ending of "Friends" cuts off early and starts again at a random part of the song before it ends.

Anyone that has the 7" already...can you confirm the quality of it?

Last edited by Chomp; 01-08-2013 at 06:40 PM.
Old 01-08-2013, 08:37 PM   #40
Dobby
HackMaster

For some reason i was expecting this to be Toxic Avenger bad. In reality the movie was a freaking borefest on my end zzzzZz. The trailer made the movie seem like epic cheese gold. I liked certain parts of the film but it felt like they were just making shit up as they went. Movies made these days are such shit we tend to give GOLD status to 80's movies. Unfortunately the only status I can give this film is GOLD diarrhea.
Dobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 08:47 PM   #41
Chomp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dobby View Post
it felt like they were just making shit up as they went.
Because they actually were! They didn't even have a script, just an outline of events. Half the movie is fighting, the other half is total ad libbing. That's where the beauty lies.

C'mon Dobbs...have a little fun. You're starting to sound like DVDfanatic-9...hating every movie ever made.
Old 01-08-2013, 09:06 PM   #42
Dobby
HackMaster

Quote:
Because they actually were! They didn't even have a script, just an outline of events. Half the movie is fighting, the other half is total ad libbing. That's where the beauty lies.

C'mon Dobbs...have a little fun. You're starting to sound like DVDfanatic-9...hating every movie ever made.
I always have fun with myself but i am out of batteries ((buzzzzzz)). This movie is like your Rocktober Blood awesome music awful movie. So anybody here buy the retro VHS edition of Miami Connection?
Dobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 10:19 PM   #43
Chomp

Did you just call Rocktober Blood an awful movie? You wanna fuckin' fight bro?
Old 01-15-2013, 02:03 AM   #44
pwrslave
Stalker

I finally got my "Oh My God Edition" as well as Trailer Wars "World War IX Edition". Came packaged extremely well. As I figured, no signed poster though At least I finally got my stuff.
pwrslave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 06:12 PM   #45
lanemyer774
Victim

7" is back in stock! Order away!
lanemyer774 is offline   Reply With Quote