Horror Digital Forum  

Go Back   Horror Digital Forum > The Niche's Corner > High Definition

Old 01-08-2013, 11:49 PM   #31
Anthropophagus
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim Bruun View Post
You know, I would have thought Deadly Friend was the black sheep of the Craven catalogue, or better yet, The Hills Have Eyes Part II.
That's why I said 'a' not 'the' black sheep. I would definitely pick Deadly Friend as my personal Craven black sheep, but even though Deadly Blessing has a strong cult following it never got the acclaim or genre fan devotion that Last House, Hills, Nightmare or Scream got.
Cursed is just a piece of crap, not a black sheep.
Anthropophagus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 02:08 PM   #32
Anthropophagus
HackMaster

Anyone know why amazon.ca is shipping this as of today, when all other websites and retailers list the 22nd?
Old 01-15-2013, 03:07 PM   #33
Drinkinstein
Stalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthropophagus View Post
Anyone know why amazon.ca is shipping this as of today, when all other websites and retailers list the 22nd?
I'm pretty sure they aren't, they just hadn't updated their releases date. I had an order in just in case I could get it early, changed to "not in stock, order now and we'll ship when available" just today...
Drinkinstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 04:55 PM   #34
RickMoe
Maniac

Pretty sure mine's shipping today...

Checked last night and status was "SHIPPING SOON" - I only see that the day before something goes out. And the sweetest part is I'm getting the Blu for $13.99 CAN! That's the price Amazon.ca listed when it first went up for pre-order.

(This is DEADLY BLESSING, not THE NEST)

Last edited by RickMoe; 01-15-2013 at 11:07 PM.
RickMoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 08:02 PM   #35
Drinkinstein
Stalker

Well that's odd, Deadly Blessing is apparently shipping early too!
Drinkinstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 08:48 PM   #36
Anthropophagus
HackMaster

There's definitely something weird at amazon.ca, up until yesterday they also had The Nest as being released today. Now it says temporarily out of stock.
I was also super hyped to get the new Rolling Stones Crossfire Hurricane documentary on Blu-Ray, yesterday it stated January 15th, even though no mention of a North American release on amazon.com or my local dvd shop. Today, it is also temporarily out of stock.
Furthermore, there is no correct release date listed for The Nest and it does not have the usual 'more coming soon' usually listed when stock is exhausted.
Weird.
However, those that do get it early do fill me in on your thoughts of the Deadly Blessing Blu-Ray.
Ok? thank you.
Anthro.
Old 01-15-2013, 09:50 PM   #37
fceurich39
HackMaster

here in the usa the nest comes out feb 19th i think but seen a few online sites say jan 15th and han 22nd
fceurich39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 10:32 PM   #38
Jimmy S
Stalker

Deadly Blessing is in stock at Amazon Canada since my copy was shipped 30 minutes ago, but The Nest isn't in stock (but I think this one was delayed by Shout untill next month).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthropophagus View Post
However, those that do get it early do fill me in on your thoughts of the Deadly Blessing Blu-Ray.
Would like to, but as I've ordered the complete five seasons of Angel in that order and I plan to watch it first I'm sure you'll get it before I'll watch it.
Jimmy S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 11:23 PM   #39
Anthropophagus
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy S View Post
Deadly Blessing is in stock at Amazon Canada since my copy was shipped 30 minutes ago, but The Nest isn't in stock (but I think this one was delayed by Shout untill next month).

Would like to, but as I've ordered the complete five seasons of Angel in that order and I plan to watch it first I'm sure you'll get it before I'll watch it.
Thanks, I just ordered it myself.
I was going to follow my tradition of actually going down to HMV next Tuesday and buying it, believing strongly in supporting the remaining actual 'physical' cd and dvd shops. However, since I just read that HMV has declared bankruptcy it seems futile now. Sad to see them go. Conflicting reports say that today's British bankruptcy filing may or may not affect Canadian outlets, however I just read a good source from Toronto that states that indeed the Canadian stores will start closing in the Spring.
Sucks!! I miss my Sam The Record Man, Discus, Music World, Phantasmagoria, Rock En Stock, A&A Records and Tapes.
Old 01-16-2013, 01:15 PM   #40
Bluenoser
Stalker

Mine shipped yesterday afternoon as well. Amazon.ca is always much, much slower than .com to update release dates when there has been a delay. I'd imagine in this case there was a week's delay, they hadn't update it, and then just shipped out because they had the product in stock.
Bluenoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 02:11 PM   #41
elDomenechHDG
HackMaster

Maybe they're shipping Deadly Blessing early to compensate for the delay for The Nest.
elDomenechHDG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 03:52 PM   #42
Anthropophagus
HackMaster

Just got notice that mine has shipped as well, should be here by Friday.
Old 01-17-2013, 04:12 PM   #43
spawningblue
Deadite

I received my copy yesterday, also from Amazon.ca for the sweet price of $13.99.

My Movie Collection

The Horror and More! Podcast
spawningblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 07:45 PM   #44
fceurich39
HackMaster

i won a copy of deadly blessing blu-ray online and it looks like i'll be getting it in a few days
fceurich39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 09:18 PM   #45
ronnie21
HackMaster

hows the transfer look??
ronnie21 is offline   Reply With Quote