Horror Digital Forum  

Go Back   Horror Digital Forum > All Things Horror > General

Old 09-03-2012, 04:49 PM   #31
Shlockjock81
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by buck135 View Post
Did you try expressing your displeasure with Warner Bros Shlockjock81?
It would be completely pointless. There are petitions floating around to try and get this film released properly. In fact, I think Martin Scorsese even started one. UK film critic Mark Kermode has been trying for years help the film get an uncut release, even AFTER he found most of the excised footage, and still: nothing. My little complaint email will have NO effect on a bunch of self-righteous 'tards like WB.
Shlockjock81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 05:46 PM   #32
crikan
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by buck135 View Post
Actually, the NFL is now full of criminals that I don't care to spend my time watching.
Criminals playing in the NFL is not new. Sounds like you were looking for a reason to stop watching. BTW, unlike most celebrities, "dog killer" served his time and is doing plenty to repay society for his crime. That situation should be looked at as a win.
crikan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 06:35 PM   #33
buck135
The Duke of New York

Quote:
Originally Posted by crikan View Post
Criminals playing in the NFL is not new. Sounds like you were looking for a reason to stop watching. BTW, unlike most celebrities, "dog killer" served his time and is doing plenty to repay society for his crime. That situation should be looked at as a win.
Not true. I just happen to love dogs more than anything. Plus it seems athletes such as Haynesworth, Stallworth, Dez Bryant, Rothlisburger, the Bengals, the Lions and so on just seem to get away with their actions. I'm in the minority and I don't expect anyone to be swayed by my beliefs nor would I want them to. I just feel that if Vick wasn't caught, he'd still be committing these crimes. Again, I love dogs more than sports so I have no problem turning my back on football.
Old 09-03-2012, 08:31 PM   #34
Demoni
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shlockjock81 View Post
They gave them a beta-cam print of the CUT UK version of the film. When I mean 'give the film to', I mean give up the rights to it so the film can finally receive a REMASTERED and UNCUT version of the film (as WB clearly has no interest in doing this.)

Criterion's been trying for years and WB won't budge, likely because of some 40 year old grudge they've had against Ken Russell.
Itīs the longest theatrical cut available... and if it is indeed a beta-cam print, itīs one hell of a print. Wonderfull.

Better that than nothing.
Demoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 11:00 AM   #35
bruce h
Editor - CINEMA ARCANA

Back up for preorder at Amazon, with a 3/5 release date:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...SIN=B00AZ7V0W0
bruce h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 02:13 PM   #36
dave13
HackMaster

i just want double features of 4/5 and 6/7, and i'll be happy.
dave13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 02:49 PM   #37
buck135
The Duke of New York

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave13 View Post
i just want double features of 4/5 and 6/7, and i'll be happy.
I just ended up getting the UK box set last year for around $30-35 shipped. It has the bonus disc with the new documentary which is only about 30 minutes and can't possibly compare with the amazing "Never Sleep Again" documentary, but it's still decent.
Old 01-13-2013, 12:56 AM   #38
Paul0889
Maniac

I would like to know when we are going to get a proper BLU for the original nightmare. the latest DVD and current bluray have the fucked up audio tracks, missing a bunch of sound effects(freddy's face ripping, the sounds of nancy after stepping in the gooey stairs, and much more). the original mono track is unaltered on the bluray, but the DTS track is so good, I wish it was fixed
Paul0889 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 12:59 AM   #39
buck135
The Duke of New York

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul0889 View Post
I would like to know when we are going to get a proper BLU for the original nightmare. the latest DVD and current bluray have the fucked up audio tracks, missing a bunch of sound effects(freddy's face ripping, the sounds of nancy after stepping in the gooey stairs, and much more). the original mono track is unaltered on the bluray, but the DTS track is so good, I wish it was fixed
I lucked out with the audio sync issue on my copy. I doubt the original of the sequels will ever receive an upgrade as long as Warner holds the rights to the franchise.
Old 01-13-2013, 01:01 AM   #40
Shlockjock81
HackMaster

Anyone else having sound synch issues with their WB blu of the original? The audio on mine is like a quarter of a second off... VERY distracting. I've tried it in multiple players as well.
Shlockjock81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 12:09 PM   #41
Katatonia
Master of Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shlockjock81 View Post
Anyone else having sound synch issues with their WB blu of the original? The audio on mine is like a quarter of a second off... VERY distracting. I've tried it in multiple players as well.
Nope, no such issues with it here. Except for the known missing sound effects on the DTS-HD Master 7.1 track, I didn't notice any lips out of sync or anything like that.

Katatonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 06:41 PM   #42
HoldenMcNeil
Stalker

My copy also doesn't have any sync issues.

It's only an island if you look at it from the water.

37!!!

You Mean the Movie Lied!?
HoldenMcNeil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 12:36 AM   #43
KingDead
Screamy Bopper

I recently picked up this collection as well. I did not come across any issues with Nightmare 1. But about 35 minutes into Nightmare 2, the picture froze and my Br player started making a loud grinding sound. Pretty much locked up my player, which is up to date. I have been trying to contact WB about the issue, and getting a replacement. But my emails have gone unanswered so far. Blu-ray.com forums have had discussions about more audio sync, and freeze up issues. I would just like for WB to acknowledge the problem with these sets and correct them...
KingDead is offline   Reply With Quote