Horror Digital Forum  

Go Back   Horror Digital Forum > All Things Horror > General

Old 01-11-2013, 01:28 AM   #1
ronnie21
HackMaster

Best version of friday 13th part 3??

I know theres 4 versions. 3 dvd and 1 blu ray
I personally like the transfer of the very first one they put out,, with original artwork, didnt care for the deluxe version, was way too bright . colors were stronger on the first one.. any opinions??
ronnie21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 01:41 AM   #2
Angelman
HackMaster

I have the Blu and it's pretty great.
Angelman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 01:47 AM   #3
ronnie21
HackMaster

i dont have the blu so the screengrabs i saw looks pretty much like the deluxe version..
ronnie21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 02:17 AM   #4
othervoice1
HackMaster

99% of the time the blu will be better then any dvd as far as picture and usually audio too. There are exceptions like when color timing is messed with or heavy dnr is used. I do not own the F13 part III deluxe dvd so I cannot compare but the blu does look pretty darn good. But they did a good job on the deluxe dvds as well from what I can tell on my part 4 and 6 dvds. So it may not be such a big difference that you care- but the blu picture will be better on these as I have not heard any complaints about heavy dnr or color timing issues.

Last edited by othervoice1; 01-11-2013 at 02:27 AM.
othervoice1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 03:36 PM   #5
foller
Stalker

I once saw a comparison between the first DVD and the Deluxe DVD of part 6 and they actually changed the colors. The blue underwater scenes of the first DVD were turned into some kind of brown/green. I really preferred the original coloring.
foller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 04:27 PM   #6
rhett

We've got pictures of pretty much every Friday DVD put out in Region 1 on this site. I agree the coloring on 6 is worse on the Deluxe, but the picture quality is still much better on the Deluxe disc otherwise. For 3D, I think the Deluxe and Blu-ray are marked improvements in virtually every respect. The Blu-ray is definitely the way to go. Fingers crossed they one day make a 3D version that's not the usual red and blue...although the nostalgia factor helps that old format too.