Horror Digital Forum  

Go Back   Horror Digital Forum > All Things Horror > General

Old 06-09-2011, 07:20 PM   #46
JGrendel
HackMaster

Does anyone know if the rights have been nailed down yet?
JGrendel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 02:43 AM   #47
Body Boy
HackMaster

http://codereddvdblog.blogspot.com/2...tary-with.html

To the naysayers, Code Red has just released info that a legit release with director commentary will be out on DVD by them, not this Kristy lady.
Body Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 03:32 AM   #48
Katatonia
Master of Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Body Boy View Post
http://codereddvdblog.blogspot.com/2...tary-with.html

To the naysayers, Code Red has just released info that a legit release with director commentary will be out on DVD by them, not this Kristy lady.
Glad I pre-ordered it when it was cheap then. I have some doubts that the fan edition will ever become a reality. It certainly wouldn't be the first time that two competing parties are claiming the release rights for a title.

Katatonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 09:35 AM   #49
JGrendel
HackMaster

Is working together out of the question?
Old 09-17-2011, 10:24 AM   #50
ArrowBeach
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katatonia View Post
Glad I pre-ordered it when it was cheap then. I have some doubts that the fan edition will ever become a reality. It certainly wouldn't be the first time that two competing parties are claiming the release rights for a title.
ZOMBIE was one, with Shriek Show and Blue Underground both claiming rights.
ArrowBeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 03:40 AM   #51
JGrendel
HackMaster

I don't know but to me this sounds like the perfect chance for these two companies to work together to bring the fans what they want which is a definitive version of Popcorn.
Old 07-19-2012, 06:48 PM   #52
Nightbreed
Stalker

old ass update from january, I have yet to reach out to her and see what's going on as of recent

Quote:
The past almost two years of my life have been consumed by Popcorn. I have been obsessed with this film since I was about 11 years old and now almost 20 years later I still am.

When I set out to ensure a proper DVD release was made, I knew it would be a long, hard road. I donít think I understood how hard it would be and all the roadblocks that would pop up to try and block my path.

Right now we are still in the process of being able to announce the company who will be distributing this DVD and Blu Ray. The moment the deal is sealed I will be able to tell the world. Believe me the wait will be worth it. It seems like itís a never-ending stream of words coming from me, but soon enough we will be able to make the announcement and put all of the rumors to rest.

I can tell you that Code Red has been cease and desisted and there will be no more talk of them releasing a DVD. They do not own the rights, they never have and never will. The copyright holder Howard Hurst is working directly with our team to make this release happen.

Thank you for all of the support you have given me. I could not have made it through any of this without you.

We still have a long road ahead of us, but 2012 will be the year of Popcorn.
Old 07-19-2012, 07:06 PM   #53
CPT HOOK
HackMaster

It was supposed to be spine #65 from Code Red. They had it up for pre-order before they switched to selling direct.

I would be interested in hearing an update, either from Bill or that girl. If the girl can deliver a blu-ray as opposed to Code Red, then I'm rooting for the girl!
CPT HOOK is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 03:23 AM   #54
joltaddict
HackMaster

Hate to say I told you so... but...
yeah...
Old 01-13-2013, 03:31 AM   #55
Zombie Dude
HackMaster

Popcorn sucks anyway. I saw it a little while back for the first time and wasn't impressed. I found it slow and far less fun than I was expecting.
Old 01-13-2013, 03:53 AM   #56
joltaddict
HackMaster

Yeah its not NOTLD or TCM but I have far worse in my collection. It deserves a legitimate release.
Old 01-13-2013, 04:21 AM   #57
CPT HOOK
HackMaster

Whenever these threads get bumped, I think it'll be an announcement.

Way to poop in my Cheerios, you guys.
CPT HOOK is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 04:32 AM   #58
joltaddict
HackMaster

Sorry.

Ive been away for over a year, the first things I checked on is this and Gator Bait.
So Im one for two.
Old 01-26-2014, 12:15 PM   #59
bruce h
Editor - CINEMA ARCANA

Surprised this hasn't been posted yet! (Nevermind - just saw it was in the Synapse thread.)

"NEW SYNAPSE FILMS ANNOUNCEMENT FOR BLU/DVD!

Buy A Bag, Go Home In A Box!

Popcorn, the 1991 cult classic starring Jill Schoelen (The Stepfather, Cutting Class), Malcolm Danare (Christine, Heaven Help Us), Dee Wallace (E.T. the Extra-terrestrial, The Frighteners, The Lords of Salem) and Tom Villard (One Crazy Summer, My Girl) is coming to Special Edition Blu-ray and DVD from Synapse Films, Inc in 2014!

This release will give fans a brand-new 2K restoration of the film, taken directly from original vault materials. Supplementary materials from Michael Felsher’s Red Shirt Pictures will round out the exciting package. While the line-up of bonus materials has not yet been finalized, it will feature a retrospective documentary on the making of and legacy of Popcorn along with more extra features currently in the planning stages.

“We are thrilled to be working closely with Kristy Jett and Red Shirt Pictures to bring Popcorn out properly. We now have some amazing materials, including the original camera negative and 35mm Interpositive materials to go through, to make sure this release is the best it can be. We just got a palette of amazing stuff we have to sort through for extras, including never before seen behind-the-scenes photos, documents, vintage interview tapes and even an alternate, never used original movie poster design that I found in the bottom of a random box,” says Donald May, Jr., President of Synapse Films.

Getting Popcorn to this point started very simply with a dedicated fan, Kristy Jett of HorrorHound Magazine, launching a Facebook page with the sole purpose of gaining momentum to encourage a distributor to re-release Popcorn. A year in, she gained the support and guidance of Michael Felsher and within the next year she had secured advocacy from Don May, Jr. and Jerry Chandler of Synapse Films. In late 2013, Synapse Films was able to finally secure the rights to the film, to bring it out properly for the fans.

“Make no mistake, this would not have happened without the support and efforts of Don May, Jr. and Jerry Chandler of Synapse. Other companies inquired over the years but Don and Jerry fought alongside me for the past two years. Without them or Michael Felsher, we would not be here.” –Kristy Jett

More details will be released in the coming months, including the release date (estimated date is Halloween 2014, but this is not confirmed). In the meantime, keep up to date on developments at Popcorn’s Facebook fan page: www.facebook.com/popcornmovie "

Last edited by bruce h; 01-26-2014 at 12:20 PM.
bruce h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 09:46 PM   #60
thing
Maniac

did not dig this film at all