Horror Digital Forum  

Go Back   Horror Digital Forum > All Things Horror > General

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-13-2013, 08:09 AM   #211
baggio
HackMaster
 
baggio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 6,839
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash28M View Post
If you like jump scares, part 2 has the best one of the series.
Probably one of the best in any horror movie. It's not a cheap one either. Visually flawless & staged beautifully.
baggio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 07:42 PM   #212
Suicide
Space Bastard!
 
Suicide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Holly Springs, NC
Posts: 2,635
I saw this last week, forgot to post anything about it. I enjoyed it. Sure it's a pretty bad movie, but I love bad slashers (Killer Workout, Fatal Pulse and Fatal Games being some of my favorites.) so as long as I enjoy it I don't really care about the flaws. If I start a movie and see it's probably going to be stupid I try and adjust to it and just have fun with it. I watch plenty of "good" movies also, but I don't see something being "bad" as a bad thing.

There's a lot of flaws obviously, but I watch so much awful 70's and 80's horror (if Bleeding Skull likes it, I usually like it.) that stuff like a girl born in 1974 being a hot 23 year old girl now doesn't even register as a problem for me. I liked it and I'm interested to see what happens in the next one.

Some random thoughts:

Where the hell were all those other people at in the house in the first movie? I believe it was the next day when this movie starts, were those other people camping the day before?

Why the hell is Choptop Drayton now?

Why would you cheat on your girlfriend with someone less attractive? The skanky girl from Malcolm in the Middle is attractive, but Alexandra Daddario is retardedly hot. Better face and body, and, you know, not skanky.

Anyone else think the mayor looked like a fatter, older Jeremy Renner?

Spoiler:
As hilarious as the completely out of nowhere "Do your thing, cuz!" line was, I thought Heather losing it, screaming, firing up the chainsaw and killing the mayor herself would've been better. Wouldn't have made much sense I guess, but then the mayor was the one who got her real mom killed by starting the fire.
__________________
My DVDAficionado
THE MANCHESTER MORGUE - Horror & Exploitation News & Reviews
Space Bastard! - From the creators of The Manchester Morgue!

Sites I have no affiliation with, but highly recommend:
Hysteria Lives! . Bleeding Skull .

Last edited by Suicide; 01-13-2013 at 07:46 PM.
Suicide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 09:06 PM   #213
MisterTwister
HackMaster
 
MisterTwister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 1,424
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicide View Post
I saw this last week, forgot to post anything about it. I enjoyed it. Sure it's a pretty bad movie, but I love bad slashers (Killer Workout, Fatal Pulse and Fatal Games being some of my favorites.) so as long as I enjoy it I don't really care about the flaws. If I start a movie and see it's probably going to be stupid I try and adjust to it and just have fun with it. I watch plenty of "good" movies also, but I don't see something being "bad" as a bad thing.

There's a lot of flaws obviously, but I watch so much awful 70's and 80's horror (if Bleeding Skull likes it, I usually like it.) that stuff like a girl born in 1974 being a hot 23 year old girl now doesn't even register as a problem for me. I liked it and I'm interested to see what happens in the next one.

Some random thoughts:

Where the hell were all those other people at in the house in the first movie? I believe it was the next day when this movie starts, were those other people camping the day before?

Why the hell is Choptop Drayton now?

Why would you cheat on your girlfriend with someone less attractive? The skanky girl from Malcolm in the Middle is attractive, but Alexandra Daddario is retardedly hot. Better face and body, and, you know, not skanky.
I assumed they lived the area and he somehow contacted them to get their asses over to the house in case of trouble.

Well Jim Siedow is dead so he obviously couldn't come back. Moseley worked with his closely on TCM 2 so he's the perfect replacement for the late actor.

And yeah that retarded. Daddario is amazingly hot.
__________________
+6 trader.
MisterTwister is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 09:33 PM   #214
Suicide
Space Bastard!
 
Suicide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Holly Springs, NC
Posts: 2,635
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterTwister View Post
Well Jim Siedow is dead so he obviously couldn't come back. Moseley worked with his closely on TCM 2 so he's the perfect replacement for the late actor.
Oh I know, I was kidding with the first two things I said there, I figured the other people in the house were called there when Sally escaped, and I grew up watching Moseley as Choptop (TCM2 was one of the first movies I owned) so it was just amusing to me seeing him as Drayton.
__________________
My DVDAficionado
THE MANCHESTER MORGUE - Horror & Exploitation News & Reviews
Space Bastard! - From the creators of The Manchester Morgue!

Sites I have no affiliation with, but highly recommend:
Hysteria Lives! . Bleeding Skull .
Suicide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 09:43 PM   #215
MisterTwister
HackMaster
 
MisterTwister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 1,424
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicide View Post
Oh I know, I was kidding with the first two things I said there, I figured the other people in the house were called there when Sally escaped, and I grew up watching Moseley as Choptop (TCM2 was one of the first movies I owned) so it was just amusing to me seeing him as Drayton.
My bad.

This movie is full of holes but sure as shit was fun. Can't wait for the (hopefully unrated) DVD release.
__________________
+6 trader.
MisterTwister is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 03:25 PM   #216
baggio
HackMaster
 
baggio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 6,839
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicide View Post
Why would you cheat on your girlfriend with someone less attractive? The skanky girl from Malcolm in the Middle is attractive, but Alexandra Daddario is retardedly hot. Better face and body, and, you know, not skanky.
Something tells me that's not the question most people that saw the movie would ask?

There's another one.
baggio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 05:14 PM   #217
fallon6190
Victim
 
fallon6190's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 99
Just got to see this Friday and have to say it was a fun movie. I enjoyed it alot. It wasn't great and wont go down as a horror classic or anything. Don't know if this has been mentioned yet but, did anyone else stay until after the credits?
fallon6190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 05:24 PM   #218
JIMX1975
Stalker
 
JIMX1975's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Burlington, Iowa
Posts: 195
Went to it last night. I liked it a lot. Didn't stay after the credits, what happened?
JIMX1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 05:25 PM   #219
cjg
Maniac
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: iowa
Posts: 982
yeah the end of the credits was the only interesting part of the movie to me.
cjg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 05:54 PM   #220
Mr. Eddy
Stalker
 
Mr. Eddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 319
What happened after the credits?
Mr. Eddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 06:30 PM   #221
cjg
Maniac
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: iowa
Posts: 982
There is a funny suprise after the credits are done.Thats all i will say.I always stay for the credits no mater how bad the movie is
cjg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 06:32 PM   #222
Mr. Eddy
Stalker
 
Mr. Eddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 319
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjg View Post
There is a funny suprise after the credits are done.Thats all i will say.I always stay for the credits no mater how bad the movie is
Figures, the one time I don't stay to finish the credits!
Mr. Eddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 09:20 PM   #223
rhett
Moderator
 
rhett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Canada
Posts: 9,185
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Eddy View Post
What happened after the credits?
Spoiler:
Heather's adoptive parents show up at the home she was willed and try to apologize in a vain effort to get a piece of this expensive southern pie. Leatherface answers the door instead. RIP
__________________
Can't argue with a confident man.
rhett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 10:32 PM   #224
Suicide
Space Bastard!
 
Suicide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Holly Springs, NC
Posts: 2,635
Crap, I wish I would've known there was more after the credits. The after the credits scenes are usually not worth watching 6 minutes of credits for, but that sounds pretty cool.

Last movie I stayed for the end of the credits was The Avengers and it was just a scene of them sitting in a restaurant quietly eating.
__________________
My DVDAficionado
THE MANCHESTER MORGUE - Horror & Exploitation News & Reviews
Space Bastard! - From the creators of The Manchester Morgue!

Sites I have no affiliation with, but highly recommend:
Hysteria Lives! . Bleeding Skull .
Suicide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 05:14 AM   #225
Mr. Eddy
Stalker
 
Mr. Eddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 319
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhett View Post
Spoiler:
Heather's adoptive parents show up at the home she was willed and try to apologize in a vain effort to get a piece of this expensive southern pie. Leatherface answers the door instead. RIP
Thanks rhett!
Mr. Eddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 11:51 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright 1999-2014 Horrordvds.com

No text or images from this site may be reprinted or used elsewhere without express consent from Horrordvds.com