Horror Digital Forum  

Go Back   Horror Digital Forum > All Things Horror > General

Old 01-13-2013, 08:09 AM   #211
baggio
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash28M View Post
If you like jump scares, part 2 has the best one of the series.
Probably one of the best in any horror movie. It's not a cheap one either. Visually flawless & staged beautifully.
baggio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 07:42 PM   #212
Suicide
Space Bastard!

I saw this last week, forgot to post anything about it. I enjoyed it. Sure it's a pretty bad movie, but I love bad slashers (Killer Workout, Fatal Pulse and Fatal Games being some of my favorites.) so as long as I enjoy it I don't really care about the flaws. If I start a movie and see it's probably going to be stupid I try and adjust to it and just have fun with it. I watch plenty of "good" movies also, but I don't see something being "bad" as a bad thing.

There's a lot of flaws obviously, but I watch so much awful 70's and 80's horror (if Bleeding Skull likes it, I usually like it.) that stuff like a girl born in 1974 being a hot 23 year old girl now doesn't even register as a problem for me. I liked it and I'm interested to see what happens in the next one.

Some random thoughts:

Where the hell were all those other people at in the house in the first movie? I believe it was the next day when this movie starts, were those other people camping the day before?

Why the hell is Choptop Drayton now?

Why would you cheat on your girlfriend with someone less attractive? The skanky girl from Malcolm in the Middle is attractive, but Alexandra Daddario is retardedly hot. Better face and body, and, you know, not skanky.

Anyone else think the mayor looked like a fatter, older Jeremy Renner?

Spoiler:
As hilarious as the completely out of nowhere "Do your thing, cuz!" line was, I thought Heather losing it, screaming, firing up the chainsaw and killing the mayor herself would've been better. Wouldn't have made much sense I guess, but then the mayor was the one who got her real mom killed by starting the fire.

Sites I have no affiliation with, but highly recommend:
Hysteria Lives! . Bleeding Skull .

Last edited by Suicide; 01-13-2013 at 07:46 PM.
Suicide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 09:06 PM   #213
MisterTwister
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicide View Post
I saw this last week, forgot to post anything about it. I enjoyed it. Sure it's a pretty bad movie, but I love bad slashers (Killer Workout, Fatal Pulse and Fatal Games being some of my favorites.) so as long as I enjoy it I don't really care about the flaws. If I start a movie and see it's probably going to be stupid I try and adjust to it and just have fun with it. I watch plenty of "good" movies also, but I don't see something being "bad" as a bad thing.

There's a lot of flaws obviously, but I watch so much awful 70's and 80's horror (if Bleeding Skull likes it, I usually like it.) that stuff like a girl born in 1974 being a hot 23 year old girl now doesn't even register as a problem for me. I liked it and I'm interested to see what happens in the next one.

Some random thoughts:

Where the hell were all those other people at in the house in the first movie? I believe it was the next day when this movie starts, were those other people camping the day before?

Why the hell is Choptop Drayton now?

Why would you cheat on your girlfriend with someone less attractive? The skanky girl from Malcolm in the Middle is attractive, but Alexandra Daddario is retardedly hot. Better face and body, and, you know, not skanky.
I assumed they lived the area and he somehow contacted them to get their asses over to the house in case of trouble.

Well Jim Siedow is dead so he obviously couldn't come back. Moseley worked with his closely on TCM 2 so he's the perfect replacement for the late actor.

And yeah that retarded. Daddario is amazingly hot.
Old 01-13-2013, 09:33 PM   #214
Suicide
Space Bastard!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterTwister View Post
Well Jim Siedow is dead so he obviously couldn't come back. Moseley worked with his closely on TCM 2 so he's the perfect replacement for the late actor.
Oh I know, I was kidding with the first two things I said there, I figured the other people in the house were called there when Sally escaped, and I grew up watching Moseley as Choptop (TCM2 was one of the first movies I owned) so it was just amusing to me seeing him as Drayton.

Old 01-13-2013, 09:43 PM   #215
MisterTwister
HackMaster

Quote:
Oh I know, I was kidding with the first two things I said there, I figured the other people in the house were called there when Sally escaped, and I grew up watching Moseley as Choptop (TCM2 was one of the first movies I owned) so it was just amusing to me seeing him as Drayton.
My bad.

This movie is full of holes but sure as shit was fun. Can't wait for the (hopefully unrated) DVD release.
Old 01-14-2013, 03:25 PM   #216
baggio
HackMaster

Quote:
Something tells me that's not the question most people that saw the movie would ask?

There's another one.
baggio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 05:14 PM   #217
fallon6190
Victim

Just got to see this Friday and have to say it was a fun movie. I enjoyed it alot. It wasn't great and wont go down as a horror classic or anything. Don't know if this has been mentioned yet but, did anyone else stay until after the credits?
fallon6190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 05:24 PM   #218
JIMX1975
Stalker

Went to it last night. I liked it a lot. Didn't stay after the credits, what happened?
JIMX1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 05:25 PM   #219
cjg
Maniac

yeah the end of the credits was the only interesting part of the movie to me.
cjg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 05:54 PM   #220
Mr. Eddy
Stalker

What happened after the credits?
Mr. Eddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 06:30 PM   #221
cjg
Maniac

There is a funny suprise after the credits are done.Thats all i will say.I always stay for the credits no mater how bad the movie is
cjg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 06:32 PM   #222
Mr. Eddy
Stalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjg View Post
There is a funny suprise after the credits are done.Thats all i will say.I always stay for the credits no mater how bad the movie is
Figures, the one time I don't stay to finish the credits!
Old 01-14-2013, 09:20 PM   #223
rhett

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Eddy View Post
What happened after the credits?
Spoiler:
Heather's adoptive parents show up at the home she was willed and try to apologize in a vain effort to get a piece of this expensive southern pie. Leatherface answers the door instead. RIP
Old 01-14-2013, 10:32 PM   #224
Suicide
Space Bastard!

Crap, I wish I would've known there was more after the credits. The after the credits scenes are usually not worth watching 6 minutes of credits for, but that sounds pretty cool.

Last movie I stayed for the end of the credits was The Avengers and it was just a scene of them sitting in a restaurant quietly eating.

Old 01-15-2013, 05:14 AM   #225
Mr. Eddy
Stalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhett View Post
Spoiler:
Heather's adoptive parents show up at the home she was willed and try to apologize in a vain effort to get a piece of this expensive southern pie. Leatherface answers the door instead. RIP
Thanks rhett!