ronnie21
HackMaster

Ad time again. Enjoy,,

http://www.flickr.com/photos/57086731@N05/?saved=1
ronnie21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 12:05 AM   #2
ronnie21
HackMaster

Did anyone notice that fast food tasted better in the 80's??
ronnie21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 12:27 AM   #3
Paff

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie21 View Post
Did anyone notice that fast food tasted better in the 80's??
Sort of.

One thing is the price. You used to get a fast food meal for 2 bucks. That's burger, fries, and a drink. At that price, if it's anything more than sawdust and dishwater, it tastes pretty damn good. Now a combo at McD's or Wendy's goes 8 or 9 bucks. I'm expecting more quality at that price!

But there's a difference in the way it's made now, too. I worked at a McDonald's in high school. We used to cook the fries in animal fat, now that's "unhealthy" so it's all vegetable oil. We also used to toast the buns and fry the burgers at the same time. I remember, they used to look pretty damn tasty as I was cooking them. Granted, they would then go sit under those hot lamps for a while, I think that certainly degraded the quality. But now, they take the burgers out of those heated trays. Sure, the idea there is it's "made to order", but who knows how long ago those burgers were cooked??

In-N-Out Burger is still top notch though. That stuff is all made fresh, and a Double-Double, fries and a drink is $6 something, pretty good by today's standards.

Oh yeah, nice movie posters and whatever.

* - The extra B is for BYOBB

Paff's Laserdiscs
Paff is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 12:30 AM   #4
Anthropophagus
HackMaster

Dobby will be here with a comment about orgasm in 3...2....1....LOL
Anthropophagus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 12:50 AM   #5
Anthropophagus
HackMaster

Love the ad for the Revenge of the Creature with the 3D glasses on. Classic stuff, cheesy but cool.
Old 01-16-2013, 12:52 AM   #6
Anthropophagus
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paff View Post
Sort of.

One thing is the price. You used to get a fast food meal for 2 bucks. That's burger, fries, and a drink. At that price, if it's anything more than sawdust and dishwater, it tastes pretty damn good. Now a combo at McD's or Wendy's goes 8 or 9 bucks. I'm expecting more quality at that price!

But there's a difference in the way it's made now, too. I worked at a McDonald's in high school. We used to cook the fries in animal fat, now that's "unhealthy" so it's all vegetable oil. We also used to toast the buns and fry the burgers at the same time. I remember, they used to look pretty damn tasty as I was cooking them. Granted, they would then go sit under those hot lamps for a while, I think that certainly degraded the quality. But now, they take the burgers out of those heated trays. Sure, the idea there is it's "made to order", but who knows how long ago those burgers were cooked??

In-N-Out Burger is still top notch though. That stuff is all made fresh, and a Double-Double, fries and a drink is $6 something, pretty good by today's standards.

Oh yeah, nice movie posters and whatever.
Now that I'm close to hitting forty, I tend to avoid fast food and chain restaurants too in favor of locally owned, but must admit Five Guys and Fries make a pretty good burger. I always go for the small though, one patty is good enough for me.
Old 01-16-2013, 03:37 AM   #7
buck135
The Duke of New York

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthropophagus View Post
Now that I'm close to hitting forty, I tend to avoid fast food and chain restaurants too in favor of locally owned, but must admit Five Guys and Fries make a pretty good burger. I always go for the small though, one patty is good enough for me.
Me too. I'm in the same boat as you. I have really been cutting back on fast food, though Subway has been getting quite a bit of my business of late.
Old 01-16-2013, 06:14 AM   #8
Erick H.
HackMaster

Great ads.Anyone catch that sneak of AMITYVILLE 2 !
Erick H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 07:26 AM   #9
SickNick89
Stalker

I miss Prism.

My DVD Collection:
http://sicknick.dvdaf.com/
SickNick89 is offline   Reply With Quote