Horror Digital Forum  

Go Back   Horror Digital Forum > All Things Horror > General

Old 01-15-2013, 11:54 PM   #226
The Tall Man
Stalker

I enjoyed it a lot. Very nice night shots, the carnival and graveyard scenes looked awesome. The characters weren't that annoying, and the whole age thing was easy to overlook. Great ending which I did not expect. Like others have said, a true sequel that finally delivers a story that builds on the first.
The Tall Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 12:36 AM   #227
Suicide
Space Bastard!

Anyone else watch this wearing Monsters, Inc glasses? When we got tickets they gave us some bright blue Monsters Inc glasses, felt weird watching someone get chainsawed wearing those glasses.

Sites I have no affiliation with, but highly recommend:
Hysteria Lives! . Bleeding Skull .
Suicide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 02:18 AM   #228
SEANVALEN
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhett View Post
Spoiler:
Heather's adoptive parents show up at the home she was willed and try to apologize in a vain effort to get a piece of this expensive southern pie. Leatherface answers the door instead. RIP
Thanks Rhett Legend. I will check this when I next watch the film.

I just came back from watching it tonight. Late night showing. Felt like 80s again, interesting spin and follow up to the original.

Leatherface can only be as interesting as Mike Myers and Jason, unless you do something different, this was like Rob Zombie's Halloween in approach. Show a different side to the established iconic killer.

It had enough of the formula to keep you enjoying what you liked about the original and then doing something different. I think this was a good outing to show potential to build upon. Good money earner for Lionsgate, smart company and keeping classic horror alive, which is very challenging given what hollywood has given to us these past decades.

Excellent work Rhett and everyone here. Order pizza and make a toast to classic horror!

Last edited by SEANVALEN; 01-17-2013 at 02:20 AM.
SEANVALEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 10:50 AM   #229
Paul0889
Maniac

for anyone that didn't stay til after the credits(myself included) here is the scene afterwards. pretty funny
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qy6CfPlQ4Ls
Paul0889 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 11:08 PM   #230
Mr. Eddy
Stalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul0889 View Post
for anyone that didn't stay til after the credits(myself included) here is the scene afterwards. pretty funny
Thanks for the link man.
Mr. Eddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 12:17 AM   #231
SEANVALEN
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul0889 View Post
Thanks for the link Paul Legend. Thats saves me waiting for it on my next viewing.

And Paul.............................................. ..........goodjob
Old 01-22-2013, 12:13 AM   #232
Sam
Maniac

Was off today and so I caught the earliest showing at 11am. Really enjoyed it and was surprised how much gore made it in for an R rating. Also had to laugh at the usual cliches like stalled car and the can't run without tripping every few feet syndrome, though the movie was enjoyable and fun for me. Only real gripe was paying more money for 3D when only a few seconds of the movie even utilized the technology.

Last edited by Sam; 01-22-2013 at 12:17 AM.
Sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 02:14 AM   #233
Ash28M
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam View Post
Was off today and so I caught the earliest showing at 11am. Really enjoyed it and was surprised how much gore made it in for an R rating. Also had to laugh at the usual cliches like stalled car and the can't run without tripping every few feet syndrome, though the movie was enjoyable and fun for me. Only real gripe was paying more money for 3D when only a few seconds of the movie even utilized the technology.
That's why you have to pay for a different film starting at around the same time and bring your own glasses. Beat the system!
Ash28M is offline   Reply With Quote