Horror Digital Forum  

Go Back   Horror Digital Forum > All Things Horror > General

Old 08-03-2012, 07:37 PM   #121
baggio
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
I have a media extender on my TV; I can stream from my computer to that. Or I can burn to disc and pop into my bluray player; it will play the TS as well.
Oh ok. I assume you have a Blu-Ray writable drive on your computer, to get that HD quality on the TV through the Blu-Ray player.

P.S. - Monster's HD was excellent. Sad to see it gone and I still think about it from time to time. Anybody that didn't have this channel has no idea what they missed. For those who didn't know about, it was one of the very first non major channels (like nbc, abc, cbs) in HD. Before HBO, before stuff like that. It was part of the Voom Network.

Horror movies were never seen like this before. There was no Blu-Ray yet. It was around 3 years before the first HD-DVD movie came out. Dare I say, it had the first movie of any genre in HD broadcasted on your home HD TV.

Nothing compares (in it's specific genre) to that channel today. Nothing.

Example: ALL IN HD, UNCUT

Halloween 2008

SLASHERTHON: DAY 1 -Sunday, Oct. 26

JASON VS FREDDY VS MICHAEL VS LEATHERFACE!
THE ORIGINAL MAD MEN STRIKE BACK TO BACK!
See over 48 hours of killer films when the sultans of slaughter kick off the first 24-hours of maniacs & mayhem featuring FREDDY KRUEGER, JASON VOORHEES, MICHAEL MYERS & LEATHERFACE. First, the hockey-masked maniac Jason Voorhees terrorizes teenagers at Camp Crystal Lake in FRIDAY THE 13TH PART 3; FRIDAY THE 13TH PART VII: THE NEW BLOOD and JASON GOES TO HELL: THE FINAL FRIDAY. Then, the razor-gloved one Freddy Krueger becomes the ghoul of your dreams in Wes Craven's NIGHTMARE ON ELM STREET; NIGHTMARE ON ELM STREET PART 3: DREAM WARRIORS; NIGHTMARE ON ELM STREET IV: THE DREAM MASTER; NIGHTMARE ON ELM STREET V: THE DREAM CHILD and FREDDY'S DEAD: THE FINAL NIGHTMARE. Next, celebrate the 30th anniversary of John Carpenter's HALLOWEEN when The Shape, Michael Myers, slices more than a few pumpkins in the original classic from 1978. See more of the undying slasher, The Shape, in HALLOWEEN IV: THE RETURN OF MICHAEL MYERS; HALLOWEEN V: THE REVENGE OF MICHAEL MYERS and HALLOWEEN VI: THE CURSE OF MICHAEL MYERS. The splatter fest continues with the chainsaw -weilding cannibal Leatherface in a hellbilly double feature of THE TEXAS CHAINSAW MASSACRE PART 2 and LEATHERFACE: THE TEXAS CHAINSAW MASSACRE PART 3.

SLASHERTHON: DAY 2 - Mon., Oct. 27th

MORE MAD MEN & MANIACS ...
THAN YOU CAN SHAKE A CHAINSAW AT!
Kill some time with Monsters HD as it continues it's 48-hour SLASHERTHON with a motley crew of maniac movies including Tobe Hooper's TOOLBOX MURDERS; MY BLOODY VALENTINE; THE BURNING; DERANGED; MOTEL HELL; ALONE IN THE DARK; SLEEPAWAY CAMP; SLEEPAWAY CAMP 2: UNHAPPY CAMPERS; SLEEPAWAY CAMP 3: TEENAGE WASTELAND and an encore presentation of THE TEXAS CHAINSAW MASSACRE PART 2 & LEATHERFACE: TEXAS CHAINSAW MASSACRE PART 3.

HAMMER HORROR-THON Tues., Oct. 28 - Wed. Oct. 29

48 HOURS OF GREAT BRITISH HORROR FROM
THE STUDIO THAT DRIPPED BLOOD!
Monsters HD celebrates the 50th anniversary of England's Hammer Films with a two-day marathon of their monster classics including: HANDS OF THE RIPPER; ONE MILLION YEARS B.C.; THE MUMMY (1959); THE MUMMY'S SHROUD; COUNTESS DRACULA; THE VAMPIRE LOVERS; TWINS OF EVIL; VAMPIRE CIRCUS; HORROR OF DRACULA; DRACULA HAS RISEN FROM THE GRAVE; TASTE THE BLOOD OF DRACULA; DRACULA A.D. 1972; THE SATANIC RITES OF DRACULA; CAPTAIN KRONOS VAMPIRE SLAYER; CURSE OF FRANKENSTEIN; FRANKENSTEIN CREATED WOMAN; FRANKENSTEIN MUST BE DESTROYED and FRANKENSTEIN AND THE MONSTER FROM HELL.

HELL-O-WEEN: DEVILS NIGHT & DAY
Thursday, Oct. 30th - Friday, Oct. 31st

Demons, witches and the powers of darkness collide in two days of the supernatural & the Satanic on Monsters HD. Dance with the Devil with films like THE UNDEAD (1957); THE DEVIL'S RAIN; WITCHBOARD; CHILDREN OF THE CORN 3: URBAN HARVEST; LORD OF ILLUSIONS; HELLRAISER 5: INFERNO; HELLRAISER 6: HELLSEEKER; THE CONQUEROR WORM; BLOOD ON SATAN'S CLAW; JEEPERS CREEPERS; PUMPKINHEAD; PUMPKINHEAD 2: BLOOD WINGS; GHOULIES 2; DAMIEN: OMEN 2; THE FINAL CONFLICT: OMEN 3; NIGHT OF THE DEMONS 1, 2 & 3; AMITYVILLE HORROR 2: THE POSSESSION; AMITYVILLE HORROR 3: THE DEMON and THE OMEN LEGACY.

Boys & girls you can now start you drooling! Anybody care to take notice to all the films listed that are not yet on Blu-Ray.

Here's a couple of commercials that played for it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q8CPM2PLqho

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YvZYoRazBVQ

Last edited by baggio; 08-03-2012 at 08:11 PM.
baggio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 08:44 PM   #122
burieddeep
Stalker

[QUOTE=baggio;711203]
P.S. - Monster's HD was excellent. Sad to see it gone and I still think about it from time to time. Anybody that didn't have this channel has no idea what they missed. For those who didn't know about, it was one of the very first non major channels (like nbc, abc, cbs) in HD. Before HBO, before stuff like that. It was part of the Voom Network.

I agree...I remember watching Tintorera in HD! There will probably never be another horror network like that again.
burieddeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 03:36 PM   #123
baggio
HackMaster

If anyone is interested:

IFC showed Part 1,2,3,4,5,6 just within the last 2 weeks. Replays coming up.

Part 7 & 8 will be on Wed. 16th.
Part 3,4, & 5 will be on Wed. 23rd
Part 6,7, & 8 will be on Wed. 30th
And one more showing of part 3,4,5,6,7,8 in Feb starting on the 5th. Showing each film one time over the week. All after 12:00am

Sadly no more part 1 & 2. Seemed like they just showed that one day only, if I'm not mistaken.

No Blu's for 4,5,6,7,8 anytime soon. So here's your chance to see those in HD. Looked pretty dam good on my TV.
Old 01-11-2013, 05:16 PM   #124
Nailwraps
HackMaster

The only downside is that the sound pitches on VI and VII are low.

Oh and FYI, Parts 1 and 2 are now on the Cinemax channels:
http://www.cinemax.com/apps/schedule/ScheduleServlet

And while we're talking about F13 on TV, Freddy Vs. Jason is also playing on the Starz/Encore channels:
http://www.starz.com/titles/freddyvsjason

Last edited by Nailwraps; 01-11-2013 at 05:20 PM.
Nailwraps is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 07:09 PM   #125
baggio
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nailwraps View Post

Oh and FYI, Parts 1 and 2 are now on the Cinemax channels:
http://www.cinemax.com/apps/schedule/ScheduleServlet

And while we're talking about F13 on TV, Freddy Vs. Jason is also playing on the Starz/Encore channels:
Cinemax, maybe that's where I saw part 1 & 2. I probably got it mixed up with IFC, considering they were playing all the other parts.

So what do you think the reason is why all these premium channels are playing the Friday the 13th series all of sudden?
Old 01-11-2013, 07:36 PM   #126
Shawn Francis
Maniac

Has anyone picked up the supposedly new blues of 1-3? I'm assuming they're just re-releases with the WB logo on the back now. They've been out since the 1st.
Shawn Francis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 12:52 AM   #127
Paul0889
Maniac

The Final Chapter is my favorite F13 sequel, I want it on blu oh so badly i will say however it didn't look so hot in HD on IFC. 3 and 4 seem to be the cruddiest looking entries in HD sadly, but I still want it.
Paul0889 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 08:17 PM   #128
ImmortalSlasher
Stalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nailwraps View Post

I noticed the sound thing on Part 6. I thought it was a new sound transfer. They are showing the green version too. I hope this isn't the HD version they will sell too. Luckily I found this site a while back with the comparison and picked up the old version of Part 6.

Part 7 and 8 come on tonight. I still can't get into Part 7 that much. Part 8 I like a lot.

And I've been watching Freddy vs. Jason a lot too. I still think the premise is a bad idea. But there are a handful of good things that have pushed the movie into my buy list. Namely, Katharine Isabelle's short but strong performance.
ImmortalSlasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 02:29 AM   #129
chrismac87
Zombie Eater

WBshop.com's Facebook page just responded to a post about the series on Blu Ray and stated that there will be an announcement later this year! Perhaps we'll get a nice set? Fingers crossed.
Old 02-09-2013, 02:51 AM   #130
ronnie21
HackMaster

part 4 is awesome.. good stuff. I do however like 6 too. its a fun horror movie. leave your brain at the door, they did a good job mixing comedy without gettting too silly..
my order is this..
part 4 , part 2 part 3 and part 1 then 6.. the others not too good..
ronnie21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 03:59 AM   #131
fceurich39
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrismac87 View Post
WBshop.com's Facebook page just responded to a post about the series on Blu Ray and stated that there will be an announcement later this year! Perhaps we'll get a nice set? Fingers crossed.
if they would include the Jason goes to Hell and Jason X as well that would be sweeeet!!!
fceurich39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 04:12 AM   #132
ImmortalSlasher
Stalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie21 View Post
part 4 is awesome.. good stuff. I do however like 6 too. its a fun horror movie. leave your brain at the door, they did a good job mixing comedy without gettting too silly..
my order is this..
part 4 , part 2 part 3 and part 1 then 6.. the others not too good..
I don't like Part 4 that much. The kills are good. Corkscrew, axe throw through door, toss from window. All good. Love the jump and flip through the window to the ground. But as a movie I want to watch, I don't like it. My order:

Part 6, Part 2, Part 8, Jason X, Freddy vs Jason. Don't know the order of the others.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fceurich39 View Post
if they would include the Jason goes to Hell and Jason X as well that would be sweeeet!!!
Jason X is a lot better than I thought it was going to be. I thought it was going to be the stupidest crap ever too.
ImmortalSlasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 04:53 AM   #133
Zombie Dude
HackMaster

Finally. Lets hope they release a nice set.
Old 02-09-2013, 07:50 AM   #134
zbinks
!OXOMOXO! ƎYƎ AM THE I

On or around 09/13/2013 or 12/13/2013 would be my bets for release dates.
zbinks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 04:08 PM   #135
Grim
HackMaster

I don't care about some pretty box set. Just give me nice, pretty transfers, along with the deleted scenes and commentaries. Give me that and they could be dressed in turds for all I care.