Horror Digital Forum  

Go Back   Horror Digital Forum > All Things Horror > General

Old 01-02-2013, 07:13 PM   #16
Anthropophagus
HackMaster

Sorry to hear this, I had a very unsatisfactory experience with Deep Discount lately so I can relate.
Anthropophagus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 07:26 PM   #17
Katatonia
Master of Doom

Yeah, from X-Human's above experience and Chomp's experience posted elsewhere... I don't think I'll be ordering from them again any time soon unless it's an exceptional exclusive.

I ordered the In Search Of box set from VEI in Canada last month, and they shipped me a friggin' Cagney & Lacey box set. I'd never order anything from that outfit again either. Pay to ship it back and then wait on a replacement? Screw that shit!

Katatonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 08:07 PM   #18
Anthropophagus
HackMaster

Cagney and Lacey!?! Ha ha, at least it wasn't Kate and Allie. LOL.
Sorry about your troubles though.
Old 01-03-2013, 01:04 AM   #19
Dobby
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katatonia View Post
Yeah, from X-Human's above experience and Chomp's experience posted elsewhere... I don't think I'll be ordering from them again any time soon unless it's an exceptional exclusive.

I ordered the In Search Of box set from VEI in Canada last month, and they shipped me a friggin' Cagney & Lacey box set. I'd never order anything from that outfit again either. Pay to ship it back and then wait on a replacement? Screw that shit!

Could have been worse they could have sent you some $10 DVD instead. I can only imagine how much fun that would have been trying to explain.
Dobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 01:34 AM   #20
Katatonia
Master of Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dobby View Post
Could have been worse they could have sent you some $10 DVD instead. I can only imagine how much fun that would have been trying to explain.
True. They sent me a more expensive "limited" set actually. When I told them I wasn't gonna bother returning it and would instead just try and sell it, I stopped hearing from them.

I even made a few bucks by selling it, but with the time and hassle it took...I wouldn't want to do it again.

Old 01-03-2013, 01:41 AM   #21
Dobby
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katatonia View Post
True. They sent me a more expensive "limited" set actually. When I told them I wasn't gonna bother returning it and would instead just try and sell it, I stopped hearing from them.

I even made a few bucks by selling it, but with the time and hassle it took...I wouldn't want to do it again.
You keep saying THEY but the person you were dealing with was Maishammed Hassinkianshhh. I knew you were in trouble when I couldn't even pronounce their retarded name.
Dobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 01:51 AM   #22
Katatonia
Master of Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dobby View Post
You keep saying THEY but the person you were dealing with was Maishammed Hassinkianshhh. I knew you were in trouble when I couldn't even pronounce their retarded name.
Oh yeah, forgot about that. I guess it was pure luck they spoke English.

But enough of that... let the Shout Factory discussion continue...

Old 01-03-2013, 03:45 AM   #23
Anthropophagus
HackMaster

Same fucking problem I had with Deep Discount, after endless billing hassles a customer service rep told me I'd need a United States postal code to cancel future orders, even though they always previously shipped to my Canadian address. How does one who lives in Canada secure a US postal code? and why would this matter when the credit card billing info is to that Canadian address? The poor dude hardly spoke English so I just hung up on him and called back until I got someone semi-competent.
Old 01-18-2013, 11:18 PM   #24
X-human
I ate my keys

Well today I got a response from my October 2012 request for a password reset:
Quote:
I apologize for the delayed response. We have been experiencing issues with our password request email and are making our way through the requests manually with a limited customer service staff.
So it would appear someone is minding the store again. It seems Shout has changed up their online store two or three times in as many years now. I figured my account was lost in the shuffle. I'd like to see how long this lasts.

While I'm at it I think I'll give an update that I received another email last week with a subject that again said my payment had cleared but the body stated that my payment had not cleared. I checked my online banking for a few days and it has not appeared. I was not surprised however when I received another package from Shout. This one was mostly a duplicate of my previous order with a few things missing and a few things extra.

Seems their staff has enough problems so I'm not one to bother them again since I've come up smelling like roses so far.

A Few Ants Short. And what the hell, check out my DVD Collection won't you?
X-human is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 02:07 AM   #25
Cannibal Chris
Victim

If ya wanna get rid of some of the duplicates let us know!
Cannibal Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 04:53 AM   #26
maybrick
HackMaster

In the past week I ordered Terror Train, Death Valley, and The Funhouse through dvdplanet mainly because they had the lowest current online retail price, but I think that Shout's prices are pretty competitively priced. Especially in comparison to other video labels who for some strange reason usually insist upon selling at full SRP on their websites. I may very well go through Scream Factory direct next time around and give them my full support!

edit: uh... after reading after the fact on everybody's reports about Shout's customer service, maybe not!

Last edited by maybrick; 01-19-2013 at 04:59 AM.
maybrick is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 05:08 AM   #27
chancetx
Stalker

I was going to order direct from Shout but after adding tax and shipping the prices became higher than amazon. Taking into account the customer service horror stories I read here I decided to stick with amazon.
chancetx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 05:25 AM   #28
maybrick
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by chancetx View Post
I was going to order direct from Shout but after adding tax and shipping the prices became higher than amazon. Taking into account the customer service horror stories I read here I decided to stick with amazon.
When it comes to Scream Factory titles, amazon isn't the cheapest. None of the titles I ordered through dvdplanet cost more than $20. I bought Terror Train, The Funhouse and Death Valley for $57 total. Sure, I could've waited for a sale but...
maybrick is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 06:57 AM   #29
Katatonia
Master of Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by maybrick View Post
When it comes to Scream Factory titles, amazon isn't the cheapest.
No, but they do have the best customer service of any online retailer I've ever used...period. I may pay a bit more at times, but I know that if there's any kind of problem at all, it'll be taken care of promptly and professionally.

If you catch these Shout titles when they first show up at Amazon, they're still 30% off for a short period of time. The cheapest? No, but still good deals.

Old 01-24-2013, 04:58 AM   #30
Werewolf Vixen
Screamy Bopper

I placed a huge pre-order with Shout Factory. So I'll find out if I ever run into problems. But I will say I have had no issues so far.

I pre-ordered Terror Train to get the poster, and it arrived in great condition four days before the release date. Of my recent pre-orders, I wound up receiving Deadly Blessing with the poster on the Friday before release date. Again, it arrived in great condition. I was also surprised, since I was thinking none of the titles would ship until all titles were available, which would be at the end of April. So I'll see what happens in March when the next titles I ordered are released. But so far I am happy with my transactions with Shout.

Otherwise, I highly recommend Amazon.com, since they do have great customer service and prices. However, until I run into a problem with Shout. I'm happy with how things are currently going.
Werewolf Vixen is offline   Reply With Quote