Go Back   Horror Digital Forum > The Niche's Corner > High Definition

Old 01-23-2013, 12:13 AM   #16
booper71
HackMaster

Turkey's can be lotsa fun.
Old 01-23-2013, 08:28 AM   #17
Shlockjock81
HackMaster

It's great to see Shout putting so much work into these (somewhat) forgotten films, but I'll definitely pass on Video Dead. I couldn't stand that film and can't for the life of me understand why everyone wanted it released so badly.
Shlockjock81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 02:27 PM   #18
hots4
Stalker

is the terrorvision/video dead blu out yet? i thought it was Feb, but looking at amazon.co.uk, there are sellers already offering it?
hots4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 11:16 PM   #19
bruce h
Editor - CINEMA ARCANA

February 19th is the street date. You usually see a few advance copies circulating early from "reviewers" who sell off their free copies.
bruce h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 02:21 AM   #20
chrismac87
Zombie Eater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shlockjock81 View Post
It's great to see Shout putting so much work into these (somewhat) forgotten films, but I'll definitely pass on Video Dead. I couldn't stand that film and can't for the life of me understand why everyone wanted it released so badly.
Because it obviously has a fan base that cares about it? One fan's trash is another fan's treasure my friend - all basis of opinion and while no one can argue that THE VIDEO DEAD isn't the greatest film ever made; it's certainly one that the fans enjoy and are grateful to Shout for all the effort they put into it.
Old 01-24-2013, 02:28 AM   #21
maybrick
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrismac87 View Post
Because it obviously has a fan base that cares about it? One fan's trash is another fan's treasure my friend - all basis of opinion and while no one can argue that THE VIDEO DEAD isn't the greatest film ever made; it's certainly one that the fans enjoy and are grateful to Shout for all the effort they put into it.
That's all fine and dandy, but some of us still wish that we didn't have to contaminate our collections with complete utter shit if we want Terrorvision. I'm in the minority on this, but in this case I'd rather pay more for less!
maybrick is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 03:12 AM   #22
CPT HOOK
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by maybrick View Post
That's all fine and dandy, but some of us still wish that we didn't have to contaminate our collections with complete utter shit if we want Terrorvision.
It's not like it's gonna take up extra shelf space. Just think of it as a bonus feature. You don't have to watch it.

Two cheesy '80s horror films in hi-def with extras and a price-tag under $20. And it even comes with DVD versions. This set is a steal.

Actually, I found it in my Goldbox and I had a free $10 gift card promotion online. So I'm getting mine for $8.99, and couldn't be more excited about it!

CPT HOOK is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 03:36 AM   #23
dave13
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrismac87 View Post
i really didn't care for video dead the one and only time i saw it, but i'm looking forward to giving it a second shot in high def. the fact that its paired with a second film (which i've never heard of before, but which also seems to be receiving its fair share of contempt from various parties) only makes it better, IMO. i think shout definitely made the right move with their choice to release these two specific films on BD. i'm always happy to support them.
dave13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 03:40 AM   #24
shithead
Death By Ejaculation

All of this Video Dead hate saddens me...

My DVDs
shithead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 03:46 AM   #25
maybrick
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPT HOOK View Post
It's not like it's gonna take up extra shelf space. Just think of it as a bonus feature. You don't have to watch it.

Two cheesy '80s horror films in hi-def with extras and a price-tag under $20. And it even comes with DVD versions. This set is a steal.

Actually, I found it in my Goldbox and I had a free $10 gift card promotion online. So I'm getting mine for $8.99, and couldn't be more excited about it!

I know, but you know what? I don't care. Words cannot describe the aversion I have to The Video Dead. Had it been an Easter Egg that would be one thing, but it shares the cover and spine with Terrorvision. Every time I look at the shelf I just know that I'm going to groan about it. In general I don't like double feature discs anyways because I prefer all of my films in alphabetical order, but this is the pits. I think I've decided to just skip the release altogether. Ultimately there are far more worthy titles to pick up, so by the time I get around to Terrorvision it'll most likely be discontinued.

Its funny. By itself Terrorvision would have made my top 10-20 must haves. With The Video Dead its dropped like my 50th must have disc, and that's not even counting films that haven't even been announced yet that will most assuredly come first. It's kind of like being able to hang out with a girl you really like, but the downside is that the roommate you couldn't stand back in college is tagging along. Sorry, but I just can't do it!

Last edited by maybrick; 01-24-2013 at 03:55 AM.
maybrick is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 04:10 AM   #26
Dobby
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by maybrick View Post
That's all fine and dandy, but some of us still wish that we didn't have to contaminate our collections with complete utter shit if we want Terrorvision. I'm in the minority on this, but in this case I'd rather pay more for less!
Kind of have to agree with you on this Video Dead is 100% Diarrhea Proof. It's so bad it's bad it makes Troll 2 look like a epic masterpiece.

Dobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 04:19 AM   #27
Anthropophagus
HackMaster

Can't remember the last time a title elicited this much venom, think I'll avoid The Video Dead.
Anthropophagus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 04:28 AM   #28
Dobby
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthropophagus View Post
Can't remember the last time a title elicited this much venom, think I'll avoid The Video Dead.
I don't hate it myself but I can honestly agree the movie is shit. It starts out really good for first 10 min I was glued. Then I swear the actors just start to make up their lines. It's like they only had 7 page rough draft script completely unfinished.
Dobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 04:59 AM   #29
chrismac87
Zombie Eater

Again, I stress - the movie is bad - I've made no qualms about that. Hell even the cast/crew understand that; but for crying out loud some of you are making it sound like the worst film ever made when that is so beyond far from the case it's ludicrous or it's an example of the lack of films you've seen.

There is far worse out there that had a lot less effort put into it than THE VIDEO DEAD, the film was a labor of love for all, everyone who was there was there because they wanted to be there. I mean I knew as a 5 year old kid this was going to be a "bad" movie just by the title and concept alone, but shit did that stop me from ever loving it or having a good time with it? Absolutely not.

When you sit down to watch a film with the title THE VIDEO DEAD, the only thing you should expect is an epic cheese fest with bad dialogue, jerky script writing, and a somewhat amateur level of film making - and the film delivers that in spades. But as I've always said to each their own; but don't judge the film based on others' opinions, people I thought were going to love this film didn't and those I thought would despise it loved it for one reason or another. I can't explain the reason it attracts fans to this day but it does have a fan base that love it and are eagerly awaiting this release just for THE VIDEO DEAD alone.
Old 01-24-2013, 05:35 AM   #30
fattyjoe37
HackMaster

I've never seen Video Dead and I didn't like Terrorvision the first time I watched it. But I want to support Scream Factory and this seems like a really great edition. Commentaries on both films (2 on Video Dead!), a featurette for each film, and additional random bonuses. Considering we live in an age where Echo Bridge jams 6 films onto 2 discs with no extra features, I think we should be thanking the company for putting out releases like this and hope for more in the future with movies we might like better.
fattyjoe37 is offline   Reply With Quote