Horror Digital Forum  

Go Back   Horror Digital Forum > The Niche's Corner > High Definition

Old 01-24-2013, 05:42 AM   #31
Dobby
HackMaster

I agree with Chrismac87 and let me add Video Dead is great flick if you enjoy crying.
Dobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 08:37 AM   #32
MisterTwister
HackMaster

I think both Terrorvision and The Video Dead are awesome and make for a perfect double feature.

Can't wait to get my hands on it.
Old 01-24-2013, 12:32 PM   #33
maybrick
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrismac87 View Post
Again, I stress - the movie is bad - I've made no qualms about that. Hell even the cast/crew understand that; but for crying out loud some of you are making it sound like the worst film ever made when that is so beyond far from the case it's ludicrous or it's an example of the lack of films you've seen.
Well, THAT is pretty damned condescending. I like my fair share of bad films. Enjoyment of a movie has absolutely zero to do with how many films you've seen. Enjoyment of a movie has everything to do with whether or not you enjoyed the film. I didn't say that The Video Dead is the worst movie ever made. There are a LOT of movies that I'd never want in my collection, and The Video Dead just so happens to be one of them.

Quote:
There is far worse out there that had a lot less effort put into it than THE VIDEO DEAD, the film was a labor of love for all, everyone who was there was there because they wanted to be there. I mean I knew as a 5 year old kid this was going to be a "bad" movie just by the title and concept alone, but shit did that stop me from ever loving it or having a good time with it? Absolutely not.
And that's fine for you, and fine for them if they thought it was a labor of love. Too bad for them that to my eye none of that came across on the screen.
maybrick is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 02:04 PM   #34
Shannafey
Don't Monkey With Me!

Don't care about Video Dead, but can't wait for the disc because of Terrorvision.
Shannafey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 02:31 PM   #35
hots4
Stalker

Can't believe somebody is not going to buy the set due to not liking one film, WHAT THE HELL, can't understand some people, i'm not a fan of terrorvision, but will give it another viewing, even if i thought it was the worst film in the world i would still buy the set for the video dead, it seems no matter what these labels do people are always moaning, let's remember we are getting 2 genre films on blu, let's just be happy with that and support shout factory if you like either or both.
hots4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 02:54 PM   #36
maybrick
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by hots4 View Post
Can't believe somebody is not going to buy the set due to not liking one film, WHAT THE HELL, can't understand some people, i'm not a fan of terrorvision, but will give it another viewing, even if i thought it was the worst film in the world i would still buy the set for the video dead, it seems no matter what these labels do people are always moaning, let's remember we are getting 2 genre films on blu, let's just be happy with that and support shout factory if you like either or both.
I fully support Shout Factory in what they're doing. I have Halloween III, The Funhouse, Terror Train, and am waiting upon Death Valley. There are a crap load of future releases of theirs that I'm going to double dip upon. But no matter how much I support them I'm not going to waste my money on a movie I don't like. As I said, if I have $20 in my pocket there are a LOT of better choices out there on blu ray for me to spend it on.

Maybe they should have thought about reversible sleeves with Video Dead on one side and Terrorvision on the other and slapped a sticker on the outside plastic to let buyers know that it's a double feature set. That way the consumer could choose which film to display. I'd be up for that. At the moment though, Terrorvision is on Netflix so I'm not in a rush to make a hard decision on the matter.
Old 01-24-2013, 03:35 PM   #37
MorallySound
There is no magic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maybrick View Post
Maybe they should have thought about reversible sleeves with Video Dead on one side and Terrorvision on the other and slapped a sticker on the outside plastic to let buyers know that it's a double feature set. That way the consumer could choose which film to display. I'd be up for that.
Or you could always just make your own custom cover. Problem solved.

Videonomicon | Mantis in Black Lace | Vimeo | Instagram | Letterboxd | Tumblr | Twitter | Reel to Reel | DVD Aficionado
MorallySound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 03:55 PM   #38
crikan
HackMaster

Quote:
That's all fine and dandy, but some of us still wish that we didn't have to contaminate our collections with complete utter shit if we want Terrorvision. I'm in the minority on this, but in this case I'd rather pay more for less!
I guess I'm lucky. I watched both on Netflix streaming last month and thought both were shit.
crikan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 04:12 PM   #39
maybrick
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorallySound View Post
Or you could always just make your own custom cover. Problem solved.
Or I could just not buy it. That solves the problem, too.

I guess it all boils down to the fact that I'm not that huge of a Terrorvision fan. I like it, but I don't really need to own it.

Terrorvision is punk rock but The Video Dead is like bad hair metal. The combo is as distasteful to me as putting Black Flag on the same bill as Cinderella. That shit don't fly.

Last edited by maybrick; 01-24-2013 at 04:16 PM.
Old 01-24-2013, 05:25 PM   #40
fceurich39
HackMaster

i like how the cover art is electrifying perfectly happy with this as a double feature mainly because i am paying for two very fun movies for the price of one i was going to get both but this saves 15-20$$$$$$$$$$
fceurich39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 06:10 PM   #41
Chomp
Rudest Motherfucker on HD

Quote:
Terrorvision is punk rock but The Video Dead is like bad hair metal
LOLWUT? Have you seen TerrorVision?...cuz “this dude’s into METAL!”

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterTwister View Post
I think both Terrorvision and The Video Dead are awesome and make for a perfect double feature.

Can't wait to get my hands on it.
Amen Brother!
Chomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 06:41 PM   #42
maybrick
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chomp View Post
LOLWUT? Have you seen TerrorVision?...cuz “this dude’s into METAL!”
Yeah, and the parents are swingers. The fact that Jon Gries character is a metalhead is purely window dressing. It's the spirit of the production that matters. The movie is TOTALLY punk rock!
Old 01-24-2013, 11:16 PM   #43
Dobby
HackMaster

I have Terror Vision & Video Dead on VHS bitches!!!
Dobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 12:34 AM   #44
fceurich39
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by dobby View Post
i have terror vision & video dead on vhs bitches!!!
so do i!
fceurich39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 12:37 AM   #45
Chomp
Rudest Motherfucker on HD

Fuck VHS.
Chomp is offline   Reply With Quote