Horror Digital Forum  

Go Back   Horror Digital Forum > All Things Horror > General

Old 01-14-2012, 11:30 AM   #16
mlock
Stalker

Awesome idea for a documentary film! After watching the trailer, I will definately support it. Any updates regarding a release date yet?

xboxlive: TwitchofDethNrv
mlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 04:42 PM   #17
StrangeViceJosh
Screamy Bopper

Hey you guys,

This is Josh, one of the filmmakers. I stumbled onto this thread and just wanted to drop in and say it really warms my heart to see this enthusiasm for the project. There are a lot of interviews that aren't glimpsed in the trailer and several angles that aren't hinted at. We're trying to make a truly insane and completely comprehensive portrait of the video boom. We've already hit our goal for the Kickstarter so our final trip to Japan is now definitely happening. The campaign runs for a while longer and we're planning to add a trip to Toronto if we raise enough extra cash.

Thanks for caring about something dear to my heart. You guys are awesome!
StrangeViceJosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 01:57 AM   #18
Shannafey
Don't Monkey With Me!

Cannot wait for this one!!
Shannafey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 02:45 PM   #19
Mr.G
Victim

Awesome idea. I made my donation. It looks like they are well over their 15,000 goal. Great job everyone!
Mr.G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 04:12 AM   #20
Hatchetwarrior
HackMaster

In case you didn't know the filmmakers were recently interviewed by Buzz "Danger" Wallick on his podcast "Same Shit, Different Show" which you can listen to here
Old 02-10-2012, 04:31 AM   #21
ronnie21
HackMaster

we are spoiled now with dvd and blu ray. but in the 80's we had cable and VHS, with no extras, no widescreen no remastered pictured. everything full frame. and we loved it. and didnt know any diffrence. I had no idea that most of the movies i watched back in those days were cropped... and missing picture. ha ha
ronnie21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 04:32 AM   #22
BurningMoon
Victim

This looks fantastic! I support it 100%
BurningMoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 12:21 PM   #23
maybrick
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie21 View Post
we are spoiled now with dvd and blu ray. but in the 80's we had cable and VHS, with no extras, no widescreen no remastered pictured. everything full frame. and we loved it. and didnt know any diffrence. I had no idea that most of the movies i watched back in those days were cropped... and missing picture. ha ha
The older generations thought that we were spoiled back then, too. They couldn't believe that we could now walk down to a store and for a paltry $2 and see films any time we wanted to. Up until then, once a movie left the theaters nobody knew when (if ever!) they would see it again. Popular films would inevitably get shown on tv or a new theatrical re-release, but if you were into more obscure films you were usually out of luck.
maybrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 03:53 PM   #24
MorallySound
There is no magic.

Rewind This! is having it's premiere at SXSW in Austin. Here's the official trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hud4VYxHBjk

Videonomicon | Mantis in Black Lace | Vimeo | Instagram | Letterboxd | Tumblr | Twitter | Reel to Reel | DVD Aficionado
MorallySound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 06:17 PM   #25
Risky1975
Screamy Bopper

Awsome.... I will be preforming down @ SXSW.. so im def try to go to that screeening cant wait!
Risky1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 06:54 PM   #26
fattyjoe37
HackMaster

Can't wait to check this out. Interviews were filmed with the staff at my local video store, Scarecrow Video, which still carries hundreds of VHS titles that were never released on DVD.
fattyjoe37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 08:34 PM   #27
MorallySound
There is no magic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fattyjoe37 View Post
Can't wait to check this out. Interviews were filmed with the staff at my local video store, Scarecrow Video, which still carries hundreds of VHS titles that were never released on DVD.
Scarecrow Video is the first place I plan to check out whenever I make it out to Seattle.

I helped co-ordinate some of the Canadian interviews for the doc, and actually shot a small amount of footage that might appear so I can't wait to see the finished film!

Videonomicon | Mantis in Black Lace | Vimeo | Instagram | Letterboxd | Tumblr | Twitter | Reel to Reel | DVD Aficionado
Old 02-05-2013, 12:35 AM   #28
Chomp
Rudest Motherfucker on HD

Fuck that...most of those interviews look like they are from a buncha hipster collectors who weren't even alive during the birth of VHS. They even threw in a faggy old clip of a Timpone interview. LAME!

I applaud their attempt, but Rewind This! looks like a better representation of what a documentary film about VHS renting should be about...plus it has UP-TO-DATE interviews with big name people who were behind the scenes of it all and relevant to the subject at hand. Not just some d00d wearing a stocking hat talking about how cool the Wizard Big Boxes were. ZZZZZzzzzzzzz....

Although I saw a brief shot in that Rewind This trailer of a familiar tattoo that I didn't like. That "Never Forget" tattoo...the only person that I know who flaunts that tattoo like its a goddamn purple heart from Iraq is that douche bag running Massacre Video. Hey that's cool, he has plenty of time to model his ugly ink for this documentary, yet hundreds of people (including me!) are still probably waiting on fucking merchandise they ordered from this dickhead. Fuckin' A.

Last edited by Chomp; 02-05-2013 at 12:49 AM.
Chomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 01:04 AM   #29
ronnie21
HackMaster

i remember in sept of 1982 , i just turned 10, my brother was trying to rent me Star Wars for my birthday at this little shoebox video store, and they only had 1 copy and to buy it was like 100 dollars. which in 1982 was a lot of freaking money. We waited almost all day and most of the next. it never came in.. The one person who rented probaly stole it.. ha ha
ronnie21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 01:56 AM   #30
MorallySound
There is no magic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dobby View Post
How about for the future the "Death of physical media documentary"?

Anyway I am much more looking forward to this documentary. This actually has VHS collectors and is much more raw.

Adjust Your Tracking: The Untold Story of the VHS Collector

Rewind This! has VHS collectors interviewed, I know more than one of them that are featured in the documentary. Sounds like you just wanna see collector's talk about their collections, and not learn about the history of the format...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chomp
Fuck that...most of those interviews look like they are from a buncha hipster collectors who weren't even alive during the birth of VHS. They even threw in a faggy old clip of a Timpone interview. LAME!
Adjust Your Tracking is being made by the guys that run VHShitfest and are indeed youngins, born in 1990... So yes, it will be much more amateur and low-brow, but potentially still entertaining and interesting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chomp
I applaud their attempt, but Rewind This! looks like a better representation of what a documentary film about VHS renting should be about...plus it has UP-TO-DATE interviews with big name people who were behind the scenes of it all and relevant to the subject at hand. Not just some d00d wearing a stocking hat talking about how cool the Wizard Big Boxes were. ZZZZZzzzzzzzz....

Although I saw a brief shot in that Rewind This trailer of a familiar tattoo that I didn't like. That "Never Forget" tattoo...the only person that I know who flaunts that tattoo like its a goddamn purple heart from Iraq is that douche bag running Massacre Video. Hey that's cool, he has plenty of time to model his ugly ink for this documentary, yet hundreds of people (including me!) are still probably waiting on fucking merchandise they ordered from this dickhead. Fuckin' A.
That is not Louis from Massacre with that tattoo. That is Zack Carlson, a now ex-programmer from the Alamo Drafthouse family. Lots of people have the same or similar tattoo. I have a VHS tattoo myself, which can be seen in the Tattoo thread.