Horror Digital Forum  

Go Back   Horror Digital Forum > The Niche's Corner > High Definition

Old 02-12-2013, 04:12 PM   #1
Buechlers_beard
Stalker

Where on earth is Texas Chainsaw 3-D on BD??!!

I appreciate you either loved or hated the direct sequel but, SO many movies (many released AFTER TC3D) have been announced on home video, why haven't we heard about this release yet?
Buechlers_beard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 04:22 PM   #2
MorallySound
There is no magic.

I know theatrical now gets to home video a lot faster than even 5 years ago, but TC3D just had it's theatrical opening only a month ago. And most nation-wide releases take a bit longer between their theatrical run and home video release than say a limited-release or independent title. My guess is at least after April.

Videonomicon | Mantis in Black Lace | Vimeo | Instagram | Letterboxd | Tumblr | Twitter | Reel to Reel | DVD Aficionado
MorallySound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 04:45 PM   #3
napalm baby
Screamy Bopper

I would like to see THE BEGINNING released on Blu as well .... come on New Line !
napalm baby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 05:18 PM   #4
Buechlers_beard
Stalker

Morally Sound; I didn't mean it should've been released on home video, I just expected a solid street date and a pre order link by now

Napalm Baby; I have the Canadian Beginning blu. But I would like to see Part III and the Return... On Blu Ray!
Old 02-12-2013, 06:12 PM   #5
Nailwraps
HackMaster

It just came out, dude. Wait a few months.
Nailwraps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 06:37 PM   #6
Buechlers_beard
Stalker

I think maybe my thread title may of made me seem a tad impatient. LOL

The German blu ray has been announced and on pre order for April I think. I just thought we'd of heard from John Lussenhop about an unrated cut/extras - he always has a lot to say...
Old 02-12-2013, 06:48 PM   #7
fceurich39
HackMaster

i am thinking may at the latest i hope there will be a UNRATED version since i've heard it gotten a NC-17 originally and that is 1 of the reasons it got pushed from oct to jan..

it will probably be like the lionsgate DREDD blu-ray with it being a 2D disc but also able to play the 3D as well although i would rather have a separate 2D release. Michael Felsher who does the awesome special features for scream factory did interviews with the original TCM stars so those should be on the blu-ray/dvd as special features.
fceurich39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 06:51 PM   #8
Buechlers_beard
Stalker

Ah! Some Felsher (red shirt?) interviews. Didn't know they did that! Thanks. Saw some abridged stuff in YouTube, might that be them?
Old 02-12-2013, 07:05 PM   #9
fceurich39
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buechlers_beard View Post
Ah! Some Felsher (red shirt?) interviews. Didn't know they did that! Thanks. Saw some abridged stuff in YouTube, might that be them?
maybe all i know is seeing a post on facebook mentioning him doin interviews so hopefully that was accurate
fceurich39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 07:47 PM   #10
Buechlers_beard
Stalker

Just double checked. The German BD comes out in May (2D and 3D releases). The Sweedish BD comes out in June (3D and 2D combined).

I'd expect it'd hit in May as well in the US/UK.
Old 02-13-2013, 01:45 AM   #11
hots4
Stalker

has the german or swedish release been noted as uncut?
hots4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 01:09 PM   #12
Buechlers_beard
Stalker

No details yet buddy....
Old 02-14-2013, 12:04 AM   #13
Sam
Maniac

It just hit the dollar theater around here a week or so ago and I plan on revisiting it again before it hits blu.
Sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 06:55 PM   #14
MorallySound
There is no magic.

Beuchlers_beard, here you go. May 14th. Courtesy of fceurich39 from this thread: http://horrordvds.com/vb3forum/showt...threadid=44579

Quote:
Originally Posted by fceurich39 View Post
http://zombiesdontrun.net/texas-chai...r-view-may-14/

Audio commentary with producer Carl Mazzocone and filmmaker Tobe Hooper
Special “Chainsaw Alumni” audio commentary with stars Bill Moseley, Gunnar Hansen, Marilyn Burns and John Dugan
“Texas Chainsaw Legacy” featurette – A look back at the history and 40 year legacy of the Texas Chainsaw Massacre series with filmmaker Tobe Hooper
“Resurrecting The Saw” featurette – A look at the development of Texas Chainsaw with Director John Luessenhop, Producer Carl Mazzocone and Writers Adam Marcus, Debra Sullivan, Kirsten Elms and Stephen Susco
“The Old Homestead” featurette – A detailed look at the re-creation of the shooting location from the original Texas Chainsaw Massacre with Production Designer William A. Elliott and cast members (and Chainsaw series alumni) Bill Moseley, Gunnar Hansen, Marilyn Burns and John Dugan
“Casting Terror” featurette – Interviews with the cast including Alexandra Daddario, Trey Songz, Tania Reynolds, Keram Malicki-Sanchez, Kyle Eastwood, Sean Sipos and others
“Leatherface 2013″ featurette – An interview with Leatherface actor Dan Yeager on his interpretation of this legendary role, along with a look at the creation of Leatherface’s costume, mask and signature chainsaw
“Lights, Camera, Mayhem” featurette – A look at the film’s 3D photography with Director of Photography Anastas Michos along with a look at the creation of several sequences from the film
“It’s in the Meat” featurette – An detailed look at the film’s grisly special make-up effects with Make-Up Effects Supervisor Robert Kurtzman, and Make-Up Artists Alex Diaz and Mike McCarty
On-Set Short Subjects: Five Minute Massacres ;Burning Down The House
;Trapped in the Van
;Carnival Time
;Leatherface In Action
;Hot Times In Louisiana
;Bloody Good Times
Please relegate all new discussion to that thread.

Videonomicon | Mantis in Black Lace | Vimeo | Instagram | Letterboxd | Tumblr | Twitter | Reel to Reel | DVD Aficionado
MorallySound is offline   Reply With Quote