Horror Digital Forum  

Go Back   Horror Digital Forum > All Things Horror > General

Old 02-16-2013, 05:45 PM   #1
Chomp
Rudest Motherfucker on HD

Massacre Video - Updates/Releases

Yup...that photo is real. I received my items today from Massacre Video along with some pretty cool extra swag for the inconveniences. Louis is definitely back on top of things and everyone should be getting their due items shortly. This time it is definitely legit.

Even though I wish Dobby did not delete the last thread, it seems that with Massacre Video's fresh new start, maybe they should get a new one here as well as the last thread was filled with some pretty hateful remarks...made by myself included. So with that here is a new thread to discuss all things Massacre Video. Future releases, shipping updates, etc. Lets just keep this one a little more civil. We need to keep these DIY labels strong so that they can keep bringing us the bizarre filth our depraved minds crave...like Black Devil Doll From Hell which I am sure numerous people are anticipating.

Last edited by Chomp; 02-16-2013 at 05:59 PM.
Chomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 07:00 PM   #2
Dobby
HackMaster

Yeah the original thread was getting nasty so l removed it from the forum. Anyway pretty cool chomp hopefully we keep this thread positive now. If the rest of you are still waiting for packages hopefully they will arrive soon. Louis has joined the forum now has an activated id. So check back shortly should he wish to join the discussion. Anyway chomp repligator is very cool I have the same video let me know what you think of it. I only have demon queen on DVD and it's really awful.
Dobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 10:28 AM   #3
Katatonia
Master of Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dobby View Post
I only have demon queen on DVD and it's really awful.
The movie itself or the DVD quality?

It's pretty much one of the worst DVD transfers I've ever seen. Most $1 DVD's even look better. I know it was a low-budget SOV flick, but find it hard to imagine that some better source wasn't out there to use. It looks like a 10th generation dub or something, blurry as shit.

But oddly, the audio is pretty clear on the DVD. It's just the video quality that's abysmal.

Katatonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 01:03 PM   #4
bruce h
Editor - CINEMA ARCANA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katatonia View Post
I know it was a low-budget SOV flick, but find it hard to imagine that some better source wasn't out there to use. It looks like a 10th generation dub or something, blurry as shit.
To my knowledge it was pulled from the original master tape. Trust me, the old Mogul prerecord didn't look any better! Watching these old, interlaced, multi-generational tape masters on nice, new hi-def tvs doesn't really do 'em any favors. Some notes on the VHS and its art:

http://bruceholecheck.blogspot.com/2...mon-queen.html

Upcoming Massacre titles include the BLACK DEVIL DOLL FROM HELL / TALES OF THE QUADEAD ZONE double-bill and Donald Farmer's I SPIT ON YOUR GRAVE rip-off, SAVAGE VENGEANCE.

bruce h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 03:28 PM   #5
Katatonia
Master of Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce h View Post
To my knowledge it was pulled from the original master tape. Trust me, the old Mogul prerecord didn't look any better! Watching these old, interlaced, multi-generational tape masters on nice, new hi-def tvs doesn't really do 'em any favors.
I still use an old CRT Sony WEGA Trinitron television to watch things like this. It looked terrible even on that.

I do own a bunch of SOV films from the 80's, but Demon Queen easily looks worse for wear than any of them. The original master tape must have originally been stored near magnets or excess heat or something! It's just weird that the audio was unaffected.

Here's some screenshots apparently taken from the Mogul VHS, and honestly unless those are untouched...they look way better. There's nowhere near that amount of detail visible on the DVD transfer.

Old 02-27-2013, 08:02 AM   #6
MorallySound
There is no magic.

Got my Massacre Video stuff today. So all is good.

Videonomicon | Mantis in Black Lace | Vimeo | Instagram | Letterboxd | Tumblr | Twitter | Reel to Reel | DVD Aficionado
MorallySound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 06:24 PM   #7
Chomp

Nice...did you score any goodies too?
Old 03-02-2013, 12:33 PM   #8
X-human
I ate my keys

Finally got my orders in on Thursday (more then I can say for HorrorMovieEmpire). Can't say I'm enamored by this whole process. I didn't get any "goodies" beyond the Repligator poster, which I believe was part of the original purchase order anyways (hard to know for sure since all evidence of its existence is gone online). Not that I demanded any goodies or that goodies would change my impressions.

When he releases legal standard releases of movies I'm interested in I may try again, but I'm not going to sink money into blind buys or collector's items. Too risky. Hopefully future orders will go more smoothly for everyone. If there's anyone left who's still waiting keep us in the loop.

A Few Ants Short. And what the hell, check out my DVD Collection won't you?
X-human is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 12:49 AM   #9
Chomp

Good to hear X-Human.

Some news posted on Massacre Video's site:

Below is your first look at the artwork for Donald Farmer’s controversial rape/revenge film Savage Vengeance! The DVD will be released early April at the Cinema Wasteland convention in Strongsville, OH.

DVD Specifications:
-Full uncut film with NEW title sequence(with the films title spelled correctly!)
-Original Title Sequence
-Audio Commentary by Director Donald Farmer
-Lengthy rare interview with Camille Keaton(first time ever talking about the film!)
-Stills/Artwork Gallery
-Trailers for upcoming releases!
*extras are subject to change*

In typical Massacre Video fashion, Savage Vengeance will get a deluxe treatment! There will be a limited VHS and limited hardbox, along with the standard DVD. We are not doing pre-orders with Savage Vengeance. The VHS will go on sale at by the end of this month (an official release date will be posted soon) and the DVDs will go on sale when they are in hand in early April! The hardboxes should be on sale by mid-April. This was the estimate from the German printers. That way there will be no delay, and people should receive their product in a speedy fashion!

I'm definitely down for the DVD!

Last edited by Chomp; 03-05-2013 at 12:52 AM.
Old 03-05-2013, 01:43 AM   #10
MisterTwister
HackMaster

So Savage Vengeance is the semi-sequel to I Spit on your Grave, right?

If so, is it entertaining?
Old 03-05-2013, 01:49 AM   #11
Katatonia
Master of Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterTwister View Post
So Savage Vengeance is the semi-sequel to I Spit on your Grave, right?

If so, is it entertaining?
I have the old DVD released on Eden Entertainment. It's okay for a SOV film, but hardly great entertainment.

Old 03-05-2013, 03:15 PM   #12
MorallySound
There is no magic.

And if you've somehow missed it on the home page, here's the review of Donald Farmer's Demon Queen: http://horrordvds.com/viewarticle.php?articleid=999

Videonomicon | Mantis in Black Lace | Vimeo | Instagram | Letterboxd | Tumblr | Twitter | Reel to Reel | DVD Aficionado
MorallySound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 03:42 PM   #13
Cannibal Chris
Victim

Yeah Savage Vengeance wasn't too good haha. I'll buy the hardbox though, just to keep up with the MV collection, I can't say I'm thrilled to be buying that movie again but I guess that's the curse of collecting haha. It wasn't awful, I mean, I've seen a looot worse, I do look forward to finally seeing Black Devil Doll from Hell though.
Cannibal Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 01:27 AM   #14
X-human
I ate my keys

Maybe a should post a thread for these DVDs but I'd almost rather keep this thread fresh in people's minds at the same time... From Massacre Video's Facebook:
Quote:
Just a quick update about the Black Devil Doll from Hell and Tales from the Quadead Zone release. Not only did we find the mysterious Chester N. Turner, we have also tracked down the starlet of both films, the lovely Shirley Latayna Jones!

Here is a photo of Chester and Shirley with the original Hollywood Home Theater VHS of Black Devil Doll from Hell and the BC Video release of Tales from the Quadead Zone!

This was the first time Chester and Shirley have seen each other in over 20 years, this was a weekend us at Massacre Video will never forget!

I'm glad to know he's still alive and well. Also says, "DVD will be this October."

A Few Ants Short. And what the hell, check out my DVD Collection won't you?
X-human is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 03:14 AM   #15
Chomp

Nice...definitely anticipating this release. I'll probably just stick with the DVD though.

And Louis has made a complete 180... he's been shipping fast and prompt. I received the Abomination release within two days.