Horror Digital Forum  

Go Back   Horror Digital Forum > All Things Horror > General

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-17-2013, 05:06 PM   #1
ReelFear
Maniac

THE ABC's OF DEATH

Here is an interesting concept. 26 directors, each one does a short film based on a letter of the alphabet that deals with death in some way. as you might expect this kind of movie is going to be all over the place in terms of style and content.

Some of the segments are visually amazing including Marcel Sarmiento (Deadgirl) segment "D Is for Dogfight", Hélène Cattet and Bruno Forzani (Amer) segment "O is for Orgasm", others are brutal and bloody - Nacho Vigalondo (Timecrimes) segment "A Is for Apocalypse", Srdjan Spasojevic (A Serbian Film) segment "R Is for Removed", and Xavier Gens (The Divide) segment "X Is for XXL", and unfortunately a few are just plain terrible, the worst being Ti West (The innkeepers) "M is for Miscarriage".

A mixed bag for sure, but i have to admit i was never bored and couldn't wait to see what would come next. This will make a good party movie for horror enthusiasts and may even inspire amateur filmmakers to try a short film of their own. The good outweighs the bad here and there's so much insanity along the way that I'm giving The ABC's Of DEATH an 8 out of 10!
ReelFear is offline   Reply With Quote