Horror Digital Forum  

Go Back   Horror Digital Forum > All Things Horror > General

Old 02-26-2013, 05:31 AM   #46
DVD-fanatic-9
Tough Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave13 View Post
give me Monique Gabrielle over Cindy Crawford any day of the week! what movie is that from, btw?
976-Evil 2.
DVD-fanatic-9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 08:18 AM   #47
Workshed
Satan is Our Pal

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave13 View Post

you mean whats the connection? sorry, didn't mean to be vague. i just figured it was yet more common knowledge that i had just been late in discovering. Short story is: Sallone was initially going to make Beverly Hills Cop, and he wanted to make it dark and violent, which was reflected in the script he wrote for it. Eventually he left the production, and they turned it into a comedy with Eddie Murphy. Stallone made his BHC script with George P Cosmatos and it became Cobra. Turns out the script Stallone wrote was based on a novel called Fair Game. Which, of course, was eventually made into a movie of the same name with Baldwin and Crawford. So, as crazy as it seems, Cobra and Fair Game are adaptations of the same book. Which is why I'd love to watch them back to back, and see if I can spot any similarities. Because in my memory they have absolutely nothing in common.
wow, I never knew that. thanks for sharing.
Well as the video explains, I do not think it is a great film, nor do I think.
Workshed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 03:31 AM   #48
joltaddict
HackMaster

Not really embarassed exactly but when my girlfriend was laid up with a broken ankle and ripping through my movies I rearranged my collection so there was a section for her to avoid, with Salo, In A Glass Cage, Nekromantic, Ilsa and the like so she could avoid them. I did tell her why, I said "this is the sick shit, you might want to avoid this corner" half expecting her to watch one just out of curiousity. She didnt. I guess she thought if Irreverible and the Takashi Mikke movies werent in there (which shes seen and didnt quite appreciate) then she figured she really didnt want to know.
Old 02-27-2013, 02:30 PM   #49
17thJuggalo
HackMaster

5 years ago I met a woman and we went out on several dates. I eventually invited her over to watch a movie at my house and she agreed. I showed her my DVD collection which was packed to the brim with "bad movies". I asked her to pick one for us to watch together. In this collection there were plenty of questionable titles (French Sex Murders, Naked You Die) next to classics (Citizen Kane, One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest).

There were no comments about the odd movie choices I had in my collection. No smears about these movies being "bad", weird, or gross. Instead she picked a movie out of the collection for us to watch which was The Fog. Excellent choice I must say!

We got married last month. I'll never need to question my movie buying choices again.
17thJuggalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 02:49 PM   #50
evildeadfan123
Sam & Dean Winchester

I own some what my husband my brother consider "bad movies" to them, but I don't care. My taste is different than theirs, and me and my brother grew up watching horror movies with our mom. My husband, on the other hand, is not a big horror film fan.

I know a good hangover remedy, a greasy pork sandwich served in a dirty ashtray.

RIP: John Winchester, all us Supernatural fans will miss you.

http://www.myspace.com/jaredjensenfan

I love Jared's flaring nostrils
evildeadfan123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 04:21 PM   #51
dave13
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVD-fanatic-9 View Post
976-Evil 2.
thanks. i've got the 8-film pack with this, but haven't watched it yet. it defiinitely just jumped higher on my "to watch" list.
dave13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 12:41 AM   #52
Fistfuck
Helloooooo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by evildeadfan123 View Post
my husband my brother

-Paff
Fistfuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 01:14 AM   #53
ronnie21
HackMaster

forbidden world. (although awesome)
ronnie21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 01:58 AM   #54
othervoice1
HackMaster

I am not embarrassed and yes Stan Helsing is in my blu-ray collection along with I Will Always Know What You Did Last Summer on dvd. Let the tomato throwing begin!
othervoice1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 03:09 AM   #55
Korngold
Stalker

What do you mean by bad? I'd much rather have an obscure bad horror movie just because when you meet people who actually know what you're talking about it's awesome.

I'd take that over Pearl Harbor, Sarah Jessica Parker movies (minus Ed Wood and Hocus Pocus), Superman Returns, or the twilight films.

My DVDs
Korngold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 03:25 AM   #56
shape22
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVD-fanatic-9 View Post
...would you settle for Monique Gabrielle?

Yes. Though there's no way I'd choose her over Cindy.

Othervoice1, I think Stan Helsing is actually pretty good for the first 2/3 of its run-time. It definitely runs out of steam toward the end. But there are a lot of solid laughs before it hits the wall.
shape22 is offline   Reply With Quote