Horror Digital Forum  

Go Back   Horror Digital Forum > All Things Horror > General

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-03-2013, 06:19 AM   #1
maybrick
HackMaster

The Internet is destroying America.

Pretty obvious observation as far as I'm concerned.

We all know that it's hard to find our favorite cult films in brick and mortar stores, because the deals are too easy to pass up through amazon or one of the many sales through deep discount, etc, etc, etc. But that's just the icing on the cake. Nobody buys CDs anymore because of downloads (and illegal torrents), and because of that there is no reason for record stores. We used to have 5 in my town (along with several video stores). Now we're down to one each. And Netflix sure isn't helping so for the life of me I can't understand why any studio puts up with this shit. It's like they're all fine and happy with devaluing their products. Nobody really goes to the theater anymore, they wait until video, so the studios re-introduce gimmicks like 3D to get people back into cinemas. But THEN they just as quickly introduced 3D TVs which defeats the entire reason for the gimmick.

Very little that is tangible is being produced. And so, there are few factory jobs here in the states, no reason to hire more workers for deliveries, and no use for actual store fronts any more. The few still around are only there so that people can window shop, test out product and then find a cheaper deal on line. One has to wonder where we'll all be when storefronts are all gone. How are we supposed to test out an acoustic guitar, microwave, or television "virtually"? That is totally going to suck. Hardcore.

Frankly I'm amazed that unemployment isn't twice as high as it is now. We're digging our own graves.
maybrick is online now   Reply With Quote