Horror Digital Forum  

Go Back   Horror Digital Forum > All Things Horror > General

Old 03-03-2013, 05:51 AM   #2641
Marshall Crist
Stalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Tall Man View Post

Can anyone explain how Code Red's numbering system works ? As you can see by my pic, the numbers have nothing to the with the order they were released in.

Also, I have only 12 Code Red DVD's, how many do you guys have ?
The letters under the main number are significant. He has a number of different "lines." The numbering of each line is its own thing. Each line's numbering should be more-or-less chronological per release date compared to others in the dame line, although, like any company, numbers get assigned and the releases don't always happen in the order they were assigned.

I'm guessing I've got a couple dozen CR titles (and have parted with a few that I didn't like) but it would depend on which you consider "true" CRs, since a few were released via Media Blasters. Would be handy to see a list.
Marshall Crist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 05:52 AM   #2642
CPT HOOK
HackMaster

The double features have their own number system (notice how those say MARIA instead of CRD at the bottom).

As for the rest, they are numbered in close proximity to the order they were released. But since several of their releases were delayed or shifted around, it's not exactly chronological. For instance, Ghost Keeper was released after Night Of The Demon, but is numbered before it.

Here is a list of the first 68 numbers.
CPT HOOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 09:22 AM   #2643
The Tall Man
Stalker

Cool, thanks for the info and the link. I still don't understand why his press runs are so limited. The prices on ebay and amazon are ridiculous for some of the earlier titles.

Probably hard to tell what the "rarest" or most expensive is, but Nightmare seems to be selling for a quite a bit. I wont be selling my copy any time soon. The Severed Arm/So Sad About Gloria double which Bill pulled from sale, in my opinion would maybe be one of the hardest to find now. My copy of that is still sealed, I'm having trouble unwrapping it when it could become one of his most sought after. It's hard to guess how many copies of it actually shipped during it's brief time on sale.
The Tall Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 01:26 PM   #2644
bruce h
Editor - CINEMA ARCANA

Some screencaps from the recent double-bill:

VAMPIRES' NIGHT ORGY: http://imgur.com/a/7897O
DR. JEKYLL VS. THE WEREWOLF: http://imgur.com/a/RN1pN

Mine can't get here soon enough!
bruce h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 06:29 PM   #2645
Mutilated Prey
Soul Stealer

I might have to get this just for the Bon Bon Ice Cream ad
Old 03-04-2013, 07:01 PM   #2646
Chomp
Rudest Motherfucker on HD

How amazing is the movie Retribution? Holy shit, that movie is damn near horror perfection. Awesome cinematography, lighting, great score by Alan Howarth!, great acting, and a genuinely interesting and creepy plot. I love that movie. It also appears to have been a major influence on the movie Father’s Day…there are a few things these two movies share in common.

And how hot is Suzanne Snyder in her 80’s hooker gear? She has always been some nice eye candy, but hot damn, …seeing her in that netted see-through top with that frizzy blonde-pink colored hair…oh man…talk about perfection.

Last edited by Chomp; 03-04-2013 at 07:09 PM.
Chomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 10:25 PM   #2647
spawningblue
Deadite

I wish Retribution and Ghost Keeper would get Blurays. I have held off purchasing them hoping they would get hi def releases.

My Movie Collection

The Horror and More! Podcast
spawningblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 10:34 PM   #2648
Chomp
Rudest Motherfucker on HD

I’d definitely grab those up if I were you. Both are great movies/releases.

I thought the transfer for Retribution look pretty stellar…for Code Red DVD standards anyways….maybe even one of their best looking titles I’d say. Some of the background colors as well as the creepy neon eyes sort of “pop”. Plus it’s a Code Red title…they don’t stay in print forever.
Chomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 10:40 PM   #2649
CPT HOOK
HackMaster

I really want Retribution, but it's just a little more than I'm willing to pay for it.

If it was $14.99, I'd do it. Even if they dropped the $4 shipping and it was just $19.99, I'd probably go for it. It might sound stupid, because it's only a couple of bucks, but I just can't do it.

But I did buy Ghost Keeper. I got it right away though, so I think it only came to $20 - $21 shipped if I recall.
CPT HOOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 11:42 PM   #2650
Suicide
Space Bastard!

Retribution is amazing, one of the best movie discoveries I've had in the past couple years. I checked out a VHS rip when I heard Code Red was putting it out. I'm in the same boat as CPT HOOK, it's just a bit more than I want to pay for it. In my case, it's a "can't afford to pay for it" situation. Although if I drag my ass too long it'll go out of print and I'll have to pay double for it. I might grab it when I get paid though, it's quite excellent.

Sites I have no affiliation with, but highly recommend:
Hysteria Lives! . Bleeding Skull .
Suicide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 12:00 AM   #2651
bruce h
Editor - CINEMA ARCANA

RETRIBUTION is a really cool flick, and overall it's a nice release, but it falls short of being a great one since it's still the cut R-rated version. They include the uncut gore scenes in the extras and they look just as good as the main feature; I can't think of a single reason why they couldn't have edited them back in.
Old 03-05-2013, 04:44 AM   #2652
The Tall Man
Stalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce h View Post
RETRIBUTION is a really cool flick, and overall it's a nice release, but it falls short of being a great one since it's still the cut R-rated version. They include the uncut gore scenes in the extras and they look just as good as the main feature; I can't think of a single reason why they couldn't have edited them back in.
Because of the different Aspect Ratio ? The movie is Widescreen and the Uncut Extra's are Fullscreen.
The Tall Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 06:24 PM   #2653
bruce h
Editor - CINEMA ARCANA

The film was shot soft, so the fullframe outtakes are just open-matte. It's still a nice disc and well worth grabbing, but it's still shy of greatness.
Old 03-05-2013, 06:38 PM   #2654
elDomenechHDG
HackMaster

Anything that's not released on Blu-ray, even if it's as complete as it can be, will always be shy of greatness IMO.
elDomenechHDG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 10:49 AM   #2655
bruce h
Editor - CINEMA ARCANA

Good review of VAMPIRES NIGHT ORGY / DR. JEKYLL VS. THE WEREWOLF at DVD Drive-In:

http://www.dvddrive-in.com/reviews/t...rewolf7172.htm