Horror Digital Forum  

Go Back   Horror Digital Forum > The Niche's Corner > High Definition

Old 03-05-2013, 10:41 AM   #61
Stige
HackMaster

I'll stick with DDD got both ticks and night of the Demons 2 fast and slightly ahead
Stige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 07:48 PM   #62
CPT HOOK
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katatonia View Post
ImportCDs are weird with stuff like that. I'm waiting on a March 12th pre-order release to ship, and I know for a fact it's already shipped to other people.
If you pre-ordered it more than 21 days in advance, your order may have been cancelled.
CPT HOOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 08:01 PM   #63
CPT HOOK
HackMaster

FINALLY! My Night Of The Demons 2 blu-ray just shipped.
Old 03-06-2013, 03:11 AM   #64
Katatonia
Master of Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPT HOOK View Post
If you pre-ordered it more than 21 days in advance, your order may have been cancelled.
I know, but I just pre-ordered this last week.

Katatonia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 11:51 PM   #65
Chomp
Rudest Motherfucker on HD

I watched the Night of the Demons 2 BD this past weekend. Definitely not my favorite BTS flick. The whole movie felt like some weird 90’s parody of the first film. It also felt more like a comedy than it did a horror film. The first Night of the Demons was funny, yes, but it also knew when to hit the scare button... The sequel was also void of any of the atmosphere the original created. Hull House felt like a cheap set piece and I couldn’t stand Mouse or the whole idea of her being related to Angela.

The effects were cool I guess, nothing extraordinary. I guess it was entertaining…some nice boobage too.

I don’t get Brian Trenchard-Smith’s filmography at all…I mean, his early films are filled with pure gold (Escape 2000, Stunt Rock, Firebase Glroria, Dead End Drive In, BMX Bandits, Death Cheaters, Strike of the Panther, Man from Hong Kong, The Quest) ….then the 90’s came around and he’s done nothing but dreck since.
Chomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 11:57 PM   #66
othervoice1
HackMaster

I will always like the first Night of the Demons the most - but I love Night of the Demons 2 almost as much- it isn't until Night of the Demons 3 I feel disappointed (but I'll still watch it). I haven't had a chance to watch the blu-ray yet to comment on the video quality - I just wish someone would release the first one on blu-ray!
othervoice1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 11:57 PM   #67
MisterTwister
HackMaster

I didn't like NOTD 2 when it first hit video but it really grew on when I picked up the Lionsgate disc awhile back.

The only thing that confuses me is that a film full of fantastic practical FX work ends on a really shitty CGI shot.

Can't wait to get Olive's edition in the mail.
Old 03-12-2013, 02:59 AM   #68
CPT HOOK
HackMaster

Still waiting on my blu-ray to get here. It's taking FOREVER!

Night Of The Demons is my favorite horror film of all time, and the sequel is neck and neck. I could probably recite them, I've seen them so many times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chomp View Post
The sequel was also void of any of the atmosphere the original created. Hull House felt like a cheap set piece
The same location was used for Hull House in both the first and second film.
Old 03-12-2013, 03:15 AM   #69
Chomp

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPT HOOK View Post
The same location was used for Hull House in both the first and second film.
Cool, but doesn’t change my opinion. The Hull House in the original was a character unto itself. It emitted a brooding presence. In Night of the Demons 2, it feels like it was filmed on some studio stage backlot.

Perhaps it was the way it was shot, and the set designing was just poor?….accompanied with the group being there for what 20min? I don’t know,…the whole movie was lacking atmosphere. If nobody had mentioned a “Halloween Dance” in the movie, you could have told me it was set in April and I would have believed you.

I think the Night of the Demons remake grasped the essence of what the original portrayed better than the sequel.

+1 for Morbid Angel though.
Old 03-12-2013, 05:39 AM   #70
Korngold
Stalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chomp View Post
Cool, but doesn’t change my opinion. The Hull House in the original was a character unto itself. It emitted a brooding presence. In Night of the Demons 2, it feels like it was filmed on some studio stage backlot.

Perhaps it was the way it was shot, and the set designing was just poor?….accompanied with the group being there for what 20min? I don’t know,…the whole movie was lacking atmosphere. If nobody had mentioned a “Halloween Dance” in the movie, you could have told me it was set in April and I would have believed you.

I think the Night of the Demons remake grasped the essence of what the original portrayed better than the sequel.

+1 for Morbid Angel though.
I like NOTD 2, but I agree with what your saying about the difference in atmosphere of Hull House between NOTD 1 and 2. I also think the story isn't served by bringing the demons out of Hull House.

But Zoe Trilling is in it and I love those tig bitties.

My DVDs
Korngold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 02:30 PM   #71
BloodMan
Kill Time B4 It Kills You

If its the same importcds on ebay... then they suck!! I ordered that Subspecies 5 Disc DVD set in December... I received a Blink 182 cd instead.... got my dough back, but how do you fuck that up?

If I Don't Have The Right To Torture You, Why Then Do You Have The Right To Torture Me By Taking Away The Pleasure That I Could Get From Torturing You?

Remember, one cannot make footprints in the sands of time by sitting on their butt, and who wants to leave butt prints in the sands of time?
BloodMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 02:32 PM   #72
Zombie Dude
HackMaster

I'm still waiting on my order from Importcds. Hoping it'll arrive this week though I'm not holding my breath.
Old 03-12-2013, 03:29 PM   #73
bigdaddyhorse
Detroit Hi-on

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodMan View Post
If its the same importcds on ebay... then they suck!! I ordered that Subspecies 5 Disc DVD set in December... I received a Blink 182 cd instead.... got my dough back, but how do you fuck that up?
Wow. Hopefully some Blink 182 fan was like "what the fuck are these dvds?"

My Fucking DVDS
bigdaddyhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 06:14 PM   #74
Chomp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korngold View Post
But Zoe Trilling is in it and I love those tig bitties.
Haha…hell yea, they were nice! Don’t get me wrong, Night of the Demons 2 was at least entertaining…I mean, of course there is worse. But I guess I was just expecting a little more coming from a BTS directed horror flick.
Old 03-12-2013, 07:24 PM   #75
CPT HOOK
HackMaster

Mine finally arrived today!!!!

I actually felt the opposite about the location in the remake. It's definitely colorful, but the beautiful renovated mansion they used wasn't the least bit creepy. And it wasn't Hull House, one of the major things that was sorely lacking from the remake.

Part 3 also used a different house, but it was still Hull House, and they do a decent job of creating that atmosphere. It's a pretty weak movie, but it has grown on me over the years.

I think the first two films flow extremely well together. But the humor in part 2 is undoubtedly much more overt than the first film.