Horror Digital Forum  

Go Back   Horror Digital Forum > All Things Horror > Slashers

Old 03-24-2013, 08:43 AM   #1
Hellbilly
Water-squirting greatness

Horror Movie Summer Camp Lets You Live Out A Slasher Flick

Found this interesting article. Thought I'd share:

Quote:
Ever wondered how you'd fare in a slasher flick like Friday the 13th or Scream? Do you think you'd break into full badass mode and save the day, be the first one to die, or be that inevitable scumbag that betrays his friends to save his own neck (and then still dies anyway)? Those of you in the Los Angeles area (or those willing to travel there) can find out courtesy of the Great Horror Campout, a summer camp that lets you live the horror movie experience, without having to die at the end, of course.
The campout will take place over the 7th and 8th of June, in the Los Angeles State Historic Park. "[the camp is an] overnight, immersive experience that puts campers into an interactive horror camping adventure. Whether campers decide to stay in their tents or venture into the darkness, they are fair game. You will be lured out of your tent one way or another," says the camp organizers.
Full story: escapistmagazine.com

I would definitely go if I'd lived in the States
Old 03-25-2013, 05:59 AM   #2
Erick H.
HackMaster

Later the operators of the camp will be stalked by vicious lawyers !
Erick H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 06:41 AM   #3
Hellbilly
Water-squirting greatness

Old 03-25-2013, 05:03 PM   #4
buck135
The Duke of New York

There's a horror film for you. Real killer shows up at one of these horror camps. I always wondered during a Halloween or Friday the 13th film, why not just cut off the head of the killer. Perhaps I shouldn't attend this campout in June.
Old 03-25-2013, 08:11 PM   #5
booper71
HackMaster

So the somewhat plain looking girl who doesn't remove her top or engage in sexual shenanigans is the one who survives?
Old 03-25-2013, 08:16 PM   #6
Egg_Shen
broomhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by buck135 View Post
I always wondered during a Halloween or Friday the 13th film, why not just cut off the head of the killer.
Well, they do. In both series. It's hard to come up with new ways of dispatching these antagonists. Especially when you start reaching double digits.
Egg_Shen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 10:24 PM   #7
Anthropophagus
HackMaster

Given the rules of surviving a slasher film as stipulated in the first Scream film, this should be a stellar opportunity for genre fanboys to get laid.
Anthropophagus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 10:42 PM   #8
buck135
The Duke of New York

Quote:
Originally Posted by Egg_Shen View Post
Well, they do. In both series. It's hard to come up with new ways of dispatching these antagonists. Especially when you start reaching double digits.
I meant while I was growing up...in the eighties. You have to remember, I'm old. Remember though, it wasn't Michael that got beheaded. When did Jason get beheaded?
Old 03-26-2013, 09:17 AM   #9
ImmortalSlasher
Stalker

I don't know if this is a good idea. I remember going to a haunted house once and they tried to scare this one guy. The guy ended up punching the person a few times.

Also I just wrote about my Jason dream on the other Horror forum. It's all fun and games until Jason really comes after you and you wake up in a cold sweat after getting an axe to the face.

But I must say, since I was a kid, part of me wants to recreate that van scene from Friday the 13 Part 6. But I haven't met a girl that likes horror or that type of music yet. And those Friday the 13th movies worked, going deep into the woods to do this sort of thing is giving me shivers.
ImmortalSlasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 08:35 PM   #10
DVD-fanatic-9
Tough Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalSlasher View Post
I don't know if this is a good idea. I remember going to a haunted house once and they tried to scare this one guy. The guy ended up punching the person a few times.
Ugh. I blame politicians for this (they're easy targets ).

Actually, this is a really weird problem in America right now. People keep thinking they've been through 'nam when... the most horrifying thing that's likely to have happened to most average young American males is some embarrassing thing they've done ends up being recorded and posted to YouTube. And I don't exactly see the psychological kneejerk, Jenny Jones reaction to that. Nor am I sure culture-of-fear arguments could excuse suggesting young people have been programmed to react that way.

On paper, this place sounds like a great idea. If people want survival horror and continue to flock to "realistic" themed horror films- why not just live a version of it? Make it like paintballing. (Why don't more people paintball? Too expensive?)
DVD-fanatic-9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 08:14 PM   #11
spawningblue
Deadite

Sounds cool, if I was in the area I'd definitely check it out, even if it is a little pricey.

My Movie Collection

The Horror and More! Podcast
spawningblue is offline   Reply With Quote