Horror Digital Forum  

Go Back   Horror Digital Forum > All Things Horror > General

Old 03-29-2013, 01:35 AM   #2176
bruce h
Editor - CINEMA ARCANA

And people wonder why I start separate threads for individual titles...
bruce h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 01:40 AM   #2177
Egg_Shen
broomhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorallySound View Post

"If you choose to be a bronie in the appalachian mountains you're gonna have problems..."

Thant sounds horror related to me.
Egg_Shen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 01:54 AM   #2178
Mutilated Prey
Soul Stealer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chomp View Post
Please DVD-fantatic…tell me more about the coming of age effect My Little Pony has on sad and pathetic individuals who still live in their parent’s basement. It’s all very intriguing.

I don’t mind the My Little Pony DVD updates, but I think the whole pony talk has gotten a little out of hand.

Somebody start talking about Cropsy killing hookers.
I was wondering where you were. And the "living in their parents basement" comment was on deck for me, so thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce h View Post
And people wonder why I start separate threads for individual titles...
That's how it should be. I really wish we had done that for Code Red thread, because that one is just as annoying as this when trying to find something.
Old 03-29-2013, 04:27 PM   #2179
WesReviews
HackMaster

The forum is labeled "All Things Horror"... so yeah, I can definitely see the argument for this thread only containing HORROR related releases by Shout Factory.

Oh, The Horror! Reviews - Horror movie reviews... all decades, all sub-genres.
ACTION ALLIANCE - Action film talk with action film fans.

"Life differs from the play only in this... it has no plot, all is vague, desultory, unconnected till the curtain drops with the mystery unsolved." - Edward George Bulwer-Lytton
WesReviews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 06:22 PM   #2180
deepred
Maniac

Not to go overboard w/ the Pony talk but I found this funny because I work for a mental health call center and the other day a clinician told me about this mother who called in and was concerned about her 18 year old son who was obsessed with my little ponies and only wanted to friend people who liked them too. I then wondered ---- is there a trekkie-like following for My Little Ponies? Then I found these crazy Pony fan sites run by adults - it was all very eye-opening and random.

Now, Pony wars are breaking out here.

Also, it's probably not too easy to find anything in a thread that has 2,178 posts.

I like when people make separate threads for the individual shout releases so you can just go to that thread and not have to sift through almost 150 pages to find a post on one release.

Last edited by deepred; 03-29-2013 at 06:25 PM.
deepred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 07:09 PM   #2181
DVD-fanatic-9
Everyone Else's Hobby

Good point, DR. Of course, I do have to say something now...:

Oh, I worry so much about the prospect of Chump's and Mutilated's assholes tightening up. It keeps me awake all night.

The problem is that they continue to reply and offer nothing but judgmental bullshit to the thread. Exactly...why should consideration be shown their clearly narrow-minded points of view; why hasn't it been advised to them to just deal with it or leave the thread if it bothers them so much? It may seem off-topic but tons of non-horror-related discussions have happened in the Horror General section before and discussion of the show is clearly not breaking the rules or vehemently hateful or offensive in nature. Nor do I believe it's scaring away people with any breaking news stories of new Shout Factory releases.

I'm shocked I'm the one who has to say this but: grow some balls, already. You whine more about having to read a little My Little Pony talk than victims of systematic oppression, rape, severe public defamation... namely: your punchlines- girls and gays. Can we not leave the pigheaded, aggressive male entitlement attitudes for the RNC where they belong?
DVD-fanatic-9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 07:23 PM   #2182
Chomp
Rudest Motherfucker on HD

Please tell me a Shout! Factory update is happening soon....a review? Something? Every time I click this link that’s all I look forward to….I really don't want to read one of Dvd-fanatic's nonsensical diatribes on every little inane thing that pops into his head.

Make a goddamn My Little Pony thread for all I care…just so I don’t have to read about it in here.
Chomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 07:51 PM   #2183
deepred
Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chomp View Post
Please tell me a Shout! Factory update is happening soon....a review? Something? Every time I click this link that’s all I look forward to….I really don't want to read one of Dvd-fanatic's nonsensical diatribes on every little inane thing that pops into his head.

Make a goddamn My Little Pony thread for all I care…just so I don’t have to read about it in here.
A lot of threads go off topic and if I have no interest in reading certain posts - I just skim through them till it is relevant again. And if you really don't like Dvd-fanatic's posts, why read them?

Now for some breaking Shout news so you are not disappointed, they just revealed their reversible cover art for The Howling on FB.
deepred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 08:07 PM   #2184
Matt89
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVD-fanatic-9 View Post

Oh, I worry so much about the prospect of Chump's and Mutilated's assholes tightening up. It keeps me awake all night.

The problem is that they continue to reply and offer nothing but judgmental bullshit to the thread. Exactly...why should consideration be shown their clearly narrow-minded points of view; why hasn't it been advised to them to just deal with it or leave the thread if it bothers them so much? It may seem off-topic but tons of non-horror-related discussions have happened in the Horror General section before and discussion of the show is clearly not breaking the rules or vehemently hateful or offensive in nature. Nor do I believe it's scaring away people with any breaking news stories of new Shout Factory releases.

I'm shocked I'm the one who has to say this but: grow some balls, already. You whine more about having to read a little My Little Pony talk than victims of systematic oppression, rape, severe public defamation... namely: your punchlines- girls and gays. Can we not leave the pigheaded, aggressive male entitlement attitudes for the RNC where they belong?
You know what is offensive in nature? LOL pretty much everything you just said. Just calm down, have a seat, take a breather. You're starting to sound like my friend Mike, the bitchy gay queen that he is. (Love him to death, though. He's also really hot.) Just sayin...

~Matt
Old 03-29-2013, 08:07 PM   #2185
Mutilated Prey
Soul Stealer

Quote:

Oh my - this guy really is a douche. I make a statement about not having children's DVD's releases in here and Anal-Fanatic goes off on this rant about how My Little Pony is the answer to all of life's problems, it's not only for gay people (seems to think I'm a homophobe or is trying to recruit folks outside his lifestyle?), he's got a thing for Bronies and apparently anyone that does like it can go to hell. Once again, Horror Digital's answer to a question NO ONE ASKED. Get off your soapbox dumbass and go back to sleep. We'll wake you up the next time Rainbow Brite is discussed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt89 View Post
You know what is offensive in nature? LOL pretty much everything you just said. Just calm down, have a seat, take a breather. You're starting to sound like my friend Mike, the bitchy gay queen that he is. (Love him to death, though. He's also really hot.) Just sayin...

~Matt
You're a good man Charlie Brown.
Old 03-29-2013, 08:30 PM   #2186
Myron Breck
BOO!!! Gotcha!

Hey, Mods: Is there a way for each of us to hide posts from specific members of our choosing? That might help keep the petty bitchy attitudes from taking over threads, if there's an easy way to do so. Just curious.

"In this Age of Grand Illusion, you walked into my life out of my dreams..."
Myron Breck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 08:46 PM   #2187
DVD-fanatic-9
Everyone Else's Hobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt89 View Post
I definitely have an activist side in me. But, whether this was doomed to turn into a repeat of the Lady Gaga thread or not, I wasn't willing to let these idiotic comments go. The reason sexism or homophobia keeps creeping into places like online horror forums when it's already everywhere else is that nobody calls people on it when it arises. Personally: enough is enough. And, no, I don't agree what I said was offensive. Though I agree things shouldn't have gone this far. But I'm not fucking accepting full responsibility for that.

Mutilated: I suppose what I said wasn't completely fair to you. I can see where you tried to make jokes to get everyone laughing and I did bare in mind your comments like "Whatever makes you happy and gets your through the day." If you really were being genuine, I hope you'll accept my apology - I'm sorry - and we can leave it at that.

Chump: Since you keep riding my ass, kiss it and fuck off already.
DVD-fanatic-9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 09:54 PM   #2188
zbinks
!OXOMOXO! ƎYƎ AM THE “I”

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myron Breck View Post
Hey, Mods: Is there a way for each of us to hide posts from specific members of our choosing? That might help keep the petty bitchy attitudes from taking over threads, if there's an easy way to do so. Just curious.

You could add the user in question to your ignore list.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Add to Ignore List.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	65.9 KB
ID:	6355  
zbinks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 10:45 PM   #2189
Dave
Pimp

Guys let's keep the thread on topic please. I will remove any further posts that are off topic.
Old 03-29-2013, 11:40 PM   #2190
Mutilated Prey
Soul Stealer

Quote:
Mutilated: I suppose what I said wasn't completely fair to you. I can see where you tried to make jokes to get everyone laughing and I did bare in mind your comments like "Whatever makes you happy and gets your through the day." If you really were being genuine, I hope you'll accept my apology - I'm sorry - and we can leave it at that.
It's all good yo