My DVD Profiler
SaviniFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 07:27 PM   #17
zbinks
!OXOMOXO! ƎYƎ AM THE I

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twilight Time's Facebook Page
NEWS UPDATE:

Our release of Walter Hill's THE DRIVER (1978) now has a new street date--July 23rd. This is to take advantage of a brand new master / DCP currently in the process of being created at Fox. The slight delay will be well worth the wait.

In other news, Sony's technical services and mastering department have informed us that the stunning new transfer of Brian De Palma's BODY DOUBLE (1984) has been completed, and has been personally supervised by veteran cinematographer Stephen H. Burum. However, Mr Burum has apparently revisited the color timing of certain scenes, so sections of the film may look different to previous homme-video incarnations. We don't have any more details and have not yet seen the finished product, but as we promised you after NOTLD90, if we got word that changes had been made to a film's look, we would pass it along. We will remind fans again of this before pre-orders go up.

Revised schedule is as follows:

PHILADELPHIA (1993) BLU-RAY - May 14th
LEAVE HER TO HEAVEN (1945) BLU-RAY - May 14th
HARD TIMES (1975) BLU-RAY - June 11th
THE ONLY GAME IN TOWN (1970) BLU-RAY - June 11th
SLEEPLESS IN SEATTLE (1993) BLU-RAY - July 9th
LOVE IS A MANY-SPLENDORED THING (1955) BLU-RAY - July 9th
THE DRIVER (1978) BLU-RAY - July 23rd
BODY DOUBLE (1984) BLU-RAY - Aug 13th
SEXY BEAST (2000) BLU-RAY - Aug 13th
THE DISAPPEARANCE (1977) BLU-RAY - Aug 13th
Hopefully this doesn't turn out to be another NOTLD 90 botch-job.
zbinks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 09:08 PM   #18
Matt89
HackMaster

Guys it was one title. People really need to get over NOTLD. They don't even do the HD transfers, it's Sony. 1 title out of several. One got fucked up but the other 99% look amazing. They have a good track record.

~Matt
Old 04-24-2013, 09:49 PM   #19
CPT HOOK
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by zbinks View Post
SLEEPLESS IN SEATTLE (1993) BLU-RAY - July 9th
I love Sleepless In Seattle (don't judge)!!! Not sure if I love it enough to upgrade for $34 though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt89 View Post
Guys it was one title. People really need to get over NOTLD. They don't even do the HD transfers, it's Sony. 1 title out of several. One got fucked up but the other 99% look amazing. They have a good track record.

~Matt
Did you read the full post though? It says Sony is changing the color timing on Body Double.

That doesn't mean it will turn out bad, but it is relevant to the NOTLD situation.
CPT HOOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 01:32 AM   #20
Matt89
HackMaster

Well I guess we'll wait and see. Body Double hasn't been remastered in years.

~Matt
Old 04-25-2013, 02:16 AM   #21
othervoice1
HackMaster

I was surprised to see Sexy Beast blu ray on the list - I really liked that movie- but not sure if enough to pay more then 20 or 25 for it. I take it all their blu rays are at least 30.00 right? Hmmmmmmmm

Last edited by othervoice1; 04-25-2013 at 02:19 AM.
othervoice1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 03:36 AM   #22
Katatonia
Master of Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by othervoice1 View Post
I take it all their blu rays are at least 30.00 right? Hmmmmmmmm
Thus far, yes.

Katatonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 02:43 PM   #23
bigdaddyhorse
Detroit Hi-on

Technically the only huge thing wrong with NOTLD is the color-timing (little audio drops are hardly noticable, and I like the end without the camera sounds better), so I'm gonna wait for reviews on Body Double now.
Let's hope this DP was in the fucking building when "supervising" these changes. NOTLD is proof of how wrong it can go when they phone it in.

My Fucking DVDS
bigdaddyhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 04:22 PM   #24
ImmortalSlasher
Stalker

Let's hope that Twilight Time actually watches the DVD or HD version if it's out there now and compares it to the version they will sell this time around. Right now, it doesn't seem like they watched the new version yet. Body Double is a great movie. A trip into the acting world and its underground elements. Very fun and crazy towards the end. I hope it won't be a crazy fast sellout.
ImmortalSlasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 04:28 PM   #25
Egg_Shen
broomhead

It's hard to anticipated what will quickly sellout, isn't it? Fright Night and Christine came as no surprise, but since when did NOTLD have such a following? Don't get me wrong, I like the film, but didn't anticipate it going out of print in a matter of days.
Egg_Shen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 04:43 PM   #26
Demoni
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdaddyhorse View Post
Technically the only huge thing wrong with NOTLD is the color-timing (little audio drops are hardly noticable, and I like the end without the camera sounds better), so I'm gonna wait for reviews on Body Double now.
Let's hope this DP was in the fucking building when "supervising" these changes. NOTLD is proof of how wrong it can go when they phone it in.
Waiting for review could mean "SOLD OUT"!
Demoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 04:52 PM   #27
evildeadfan123
Sam & Dean Winchester

I'm going to pass on this. I think that $35.00 is too much, and I would prefer to use my $35.00 for the Blu-Ray of Lifeforce, or some other film from Scream Factory, AKA Shout! Factory any day.

I know a good hangover remedy, a greasy pork sandwich served in a dirty ashtray.

RIP: John Winchester, all us Supernatural fans will miss you.

http://www.myspace.com/jaredjensenfan

I love Jared's flaring nostrils
evildeadfan123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 05:00 PM   #28
MorallySound
There is no magic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdaddyhorse View Post
Let's hope this DP was in the fucking building when "supervising" these changes.
Did you not read the original quote?

Quote:
In other news, Sony's technical services and mastering department have informed us that the stunning new transfer of Brian De Palma's BODY DOUBLE (1984) has been completed, and has been personally supervised by veteran cinematographer Stephen H. Burum.
So I'd think it should NOT be another NOTLD90 fiasco, but properly timed to the DPs intent.

Videonomicon | Mantis in Black Lace | Vimeo | Instagram | Letterboxd | Tumblr | Twitter | Reel to Reel | DVD Aficionado
MorallySound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 02:12 AM   #29
Grim
HackMaster

Bahhhhh and just when I thought I could resist every Twilight Time release after Fright Night, they go and do this.

Count me in....
Old 04-30-2013, 04:41 AM   #30
Werewolf Vixen
Screamy Bopper

I'm game for this release, despite not being a fan of Twilight Times 'style'. I luckily got a copy of Christine, which is my first TT title. Originally I was on the fence with that, but since it did include all the extra features, it was worth upgrading in that regard. I can't justify spending 'that' much on a bare bones release, no matter how limited.

I enjoy Body Double, and since it's likely to include the extras(which I haven't seen yet, as I've only seen the first bare bones dvd release). I'd love to pick it up. However, I hate the 'rush' to acquire certain TT titles since the greedy scalpers ruin it for fans of the films by buying up all the copies to sell at excess prices, and I refuse to cave in to them.
Werewolf Vixen is offline   Reply With Quote