Horror Digital Forum  

Go Back   Horror Digital Forum > The Niche's Corner > High Definition

Old 04-26-2013, 01:50 PM   #1
Demoni
HackMaster

Dressed To Kill (Arrow Video) / 29th July

THE LATEST FASHION IN MURDER

After sexually frustrated housewife Kate Miller (Angie Dickinson) has a session with her psychiatrist Dr Elliott (Michael Caine), she silently seduces a man in an art gallery, an assignation that ends in murder and the only witness, high-class prostitute Liz Blake (Nancy Allen) being stalked by the killer in turn.

One of Brian De Palma's darkest and most controversial suspense thrillers, Dressed to Kill was as acclaimed for its stylish set-pieces and lush Pino Donaggio score as it was condemned for its sexual explicitness and blatant borrowings from Alfred Hitchcock in general and Psycho in particular.

But the glee with which De Palma turns this material inside out is completely infectious, as he delves deep inside the troubled psyches of his characters (critic Pauline Kael said that the film was "permeated with the distilled essence of impure thoughts") in order to undermine expectations at every turn.

Special Features:
- Slashing Dressed to Kill: in this featurette, director Brian De Palma, Nancy Allen (Liz Blake), Keith Gordon (Peter Miller), Angie Dickinson (Kate Miller), editor Jerry Greenberg, and producer George Litto discuss the controversy that once surrounded the rating of Dressed to Kill. Also included are clips highlighting some of the differences between the R-rated and Unrated versions of the film. In English, not subtitled. (10 min).
- A Film Comparison: an in-depth look at the differences between the Unrated, Rated-R, and Network versions of Dressed to Kill. Various clips highlighting what was cut or censored are included. This bonus feature also appears on Carlotta Films' release of Dressed to Kill. In English, not subtitled. (6 min).
- The Making of a Thriller: in this long featurette, director Brian de Palma, actors Angie Dickinson and Keith Gordon, and producer George Litto recall their work on Dressed to Kill. There is terrific information here about some of the key sequences in the film, how and where they were shot, what were some of the technical challenges that had to be overcome, etc. In English, not subtitled. (44 min).
- Lessons in Filmmaking: actor Keith Gordon, who plays Peter Miller, explains how Dressed to Kill influenced his career and discusses the film's unique qualities. The documentary was directed by Robert Fischer. It also appears on Carlotta Films' release of Dressed to Kill. In English, not subtitled. (31 min).
- Dressed in White: in this video interview, actress Angie Dickinson discusses in great detail her contribution to Brian De Palma's Dressed to Kill. The interview also appears on Carlotta Films' release of Dressed to Kill. In English, not subtitled. (30 min).
- Dressed in Purple: in this video interview, actress Nancy Allen talks about her work on Dressed to Kill and discusses her relationship with director Brian De Palma. The interview also appears on Carlotta Films' release of Dressed to Kill. In English, not subtitled. (23 min).
- Symphony of Fear: in this video interview, producer George Litto recalls his first encounter with director Brian De Palma and discusses their professional relationship during the years, as well the production history of Dressed to Kill. The interview also appears on Carlotta Films' release of Dressed to Kill. In English, not subtitled. (18 min).
- Gallery: a collection of production stills.
- Trailer: original theatrical trailer for Dressed to Kill. In English, not subtitled. (3 min).
- Booklet: 36-page illustrated booklet featuring: "Dressed to Kill: American Giallo" by Maitland McDonagh; "I Know You're Watching Me: The Poster of Dressed to Kill - Stephen Sayadian Interviewed by Daniel Bird"; and poster gallery.
- Coverwork: reversible sleeve with original and newly commissioned artwork by Nathanel Marsh.

Last edited by Demoni; 07-07-2013 at 06:21 PM.
Demoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 02:26 PM   #2
hots4
Stalker

no details of which cut are provided on the blu
hots4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 02:35 PM   #3
elDomenechHDG
HackMaster

This is the only one of the new announcements I won't be needing unless Arrow has a better transfer.
elDomenechHDG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 12:00 AM   #4
Demoni
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by hots4 View Post
no details of which cut are provided on the blu
I believe the only existing cut in HD is the unrated one... and it would be not very logical to have a featurette comparing the unrated, r-rated, and TV-rated if the unrated cut was not present.
Old 04-27-2013, 12:08 AM   #5
Demoni
HackMaster

I donīt know whatīs the hesitation to get this as itīs the most complete HD edition ever.

It has the extras from the American and the French edition... except:

- Dressed to Kill: An Appreciation by Keith Gordon (6:06) (American edition)
- Photo Gallery (6:13) (American edition)
- Preface de Samuel Blumenfeld (9 min) (French edition)

Everything else from both editions will be there...
Old 04-27-2013, 08:20 AM   #6
Eddyw78
Stalker

Looks a solid release but my region free MGM Blu is good enough for me.
Eddyw78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 06:18 PM   #7
Demoni
HackMaster

Best release ever...

Review: http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Dresse.../71500/#Review
Old 07-07-2013, 07:00 PM   #8
Eddyw78
Stalker

I like the movie but not enough to double dip again as i have already owned the DVD and now the MGM BD. If i hadnt already got the MGM version though I would have gone for this as it does look to be a solid package.
Eddyw78 is offline   Reply With Quote