dlc later on I believe july is rumored for dlc
fceurich39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 05:54 PM   #35
baggio
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by fceurich39 View Post
dlc later on I believe july is rumored for dlc
And if that's the case then why not wait until they get it all together before the release. I assume it will be like Red Dead Redemption. Completely different missions, matches, etc... (but same environment)
instead of like Dead Island type of multiplayer. Where other help you with your own game.

The only info I see is about Class 3 and Class 4.

Q: What is Class3, and what is Class4?

A: Class3 was the code name for the single player XBLA/PC game we're building, where you must attempt to survive the zombie apocalypse. There's a storyline, but the main part of the game is a sandbox. It is now known as State of Decay. Class4 is way, way bigger - a massively multiplayer sandbox world. We will be using your feedback on State of Decay's mechanics and systems to make Class4.

Q: Will State of Decay have co-op gameplay?

A: Not at launch. Class4 is an online world, and our hope is to offer the multiplayer options (that we have to develop for Class4) for State of Decay at a later date.

Like I said before, this should have been a Disc release not a download. I personally have room on my HD, but others may not want the large download to take up space. It's gotta be around 3 gigs right? This and the rumored future download will take up at least 5 +

Last edited by baggio; 06-03-2013 at 05:58 PM.
baggio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 07:15 PM   #36
fceurich39
HackMaster

LIVE STREAM NOW!!!! June 5th confirmed!!!! http://www.twitch.tv/microsoftstudios
Old 06-04-2013, 03:57 AM   #37
fceurich39
HackMaster

3rd video from ign up http://www.ign.com/videos/2013/06/03...ecay-episode-3
Old 06-04-2013, 03:47 PM   #38
baggio
HackMaster

So I assume this will be available tonight (midnight) ? Not that I will be playing, but I figure if there are any problems with the download or it takes long, one could just at least start the ball rolling.
Old 06-04-2013, 04:33 PM   #39
Mok
Family is Forever

Not sure about that. I've woken up and tried to download new Walking Dead game episodes and they still haven't been posted as of 7 am. I think it depends where you are.
Mok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 11:44 PM   #40
fceurich39
HackMaster

episode 4 from today http://www.ign.com/videos/2013/06/04...ecay-episode-4
Old 06-05-2013, 06:34 PM   #41
Mok
Family is Forever

It's out today. I'm at work. Woe is me
Old 06-05-2013, 06:37 PM   #42
baggio
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mok View Post
It's out today. I'm at work. Woe is me
Yeah, it wasn't available last night (after Midnight) when I checked. Guess I will download it later tonight.

One of the first reviews.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/06/...f-decay-review

Read on xbox marketplace it's a 1.81 GB Download size. That's not to bad.

Last edited by baggio; 06-05-2013 at 06:41 PM.
Old 06-05-2013, 11:25 PM   #43
soxfan666
Maniac

I may have dust off the controller for this, after reading the review.
Old 06-06-2013, 02:44 PM   #44
Mok
Family is Forever

Got it and played for about 1/2 hour. In short it's damn cool. Exactly what we zombie fans have been wishing for in a zombie game. It's GTA mixed with Desert Island mixed with The Sims mixed with zombies. There are some slight graphical issues that make the game seem a bit flimsy at times, but aside from that it seems to be a pretty solid game. Hopefully it WILL get coop added at some point.
Old 06-06-2013, 04:09 PM   #45
baggio
HackMaster

Downloaded last night & played about 2 hours. It looks pretty dam good, sure it's not perfect. like zombies animations poking through walls once in a while. While climbing a ladder, the other character followed me up & climbed right through me. LOL Stuff like that. But I like it. It's a little hectic with the controls until you get used to it. (I hope) The D-pad functions, what buttons mean what, etc... The driving/cars is very smooth imo. That part works very well. One weird thing (or maybe I was mistaken) I switched characters, but after a mission, the voice was the other guy.

So far while it is sandbox, it seems pretty straight forward. You get a "mission/missions" and you carry them out.

Back to the buttons. In one situation I panicked and accidentally threw a pack of firecrackers at my feet WHILE I was fighting 2 zombies. I have ZERO idea how I threw them out. Next thing I knew I was fighting off several zombies at once. So I have to get that down to a science because don't what that happening again.

As far as game play, you have to learn as you go I guess. I have questions that need to be answered (for my own sanity) Like I know autos can get smashed up & not usable, but do they run out of gas? Are all the autos the "same" in terms of strength/armor. In other words would a small little coupe be just as strong as a truck? Does running over zombies wear on the car? Which goes to my strength question. You can switch between characters that are your "friend". You meet many other survivors, but not all are your "friend" How do you make them your friend? Do missions that you mess up / don't complete. Do they come back? Like there is 2 missions to do, and one I was too late, will it reset again? Another odd or confusing thing, you have a backpack that can carry x amount of stuff. But on one mission to get supplies, the item opened up to a huge duffel type pack that my character replaced on his back. (it made me slower) but I still had room for x amount of spaces in my smaller pack. You would think the large pack would replace the smaller one.

There's a lot going on in the game too. In terms of what to keep track of. The journal/inventory/survivors looks exhausting at first. When looking through the journal, there are so many things to look at. So there's a lot to do & search for etc. I overall like it. Not bad for $20.