booper71
HackMaster

I am always up for more F13.
Old 06-05-2013, 07:55 PM   #18
deepred
Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclay18 View Post
Paramount was not involved with Freddy vs. Jason, since that film didn't use any of the story elements from Parts I-VIII (let alone the title). Only until the 2009 remake went into production, that Paramount was brought in as a 50-50 partner because the producers wanted to use the title and story elements from the Paramount-produced films.

The amount of red tape and legal wrangling over a sequel to the 2009 remake is what kept it from going into production. Now that WB is out of the way, Paramount is free to make F13 sequels their way.
I thought they did for some reason but now I do recall some fans saying they felt Freddy got more screentime because it was a New Line production. I wonder how they were able to use Jason's mom in the beginning of FvJ even though that was a story element from Parts I-III.

I hope they bring back the iconic ki-ki-ki-ma-ma-ma score for the next one. I felt it was underused in the remake.
deepred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 09:49 PM   #19
Bobbywoodhogan
HackMaster

Wow it has been a long time since I posted here but I has too for this. I'm hoping for two new Friday the 13th films and I'm saying no to direct to videos cause the scripts for these always suck.

I hope Derek Mears comes back.

1. Halloween (1978), 2. Friday the 13th: The Final Chapter, 3. My Bloody Valentine (1981), 4. A Nightmare on Elm Street (1984), 5. Fright Night (1985)

Favourite Horror Trilogy: Hatchet Trilogy
Bobbywoodhogan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 10:28 PM   #20
Kim Bruun
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mok View Post
They should make one with Kane Hodder again. No one that ever called themselves a fan could resist seeing that in theaters.
I have nothing against Hodder, and while I think he was an okay Jason, the movies he starred in were the least enjoyable of the Fridays to me.

The really interesting thing is: Where does this leave the rest of the series on blu?
Kim Bruun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 10:32 PM   #21
maybrick
HackMaster

I wouldn't say "all" of them suck, and it isn't exactly like any of the theatrical films' scripts were ever potential contenders for awards or anything. As long as they stick to the tried and true formulas and don't introduce things like body swapping, the Internet, reality TV, space, fake Jasons, psychics, or lame assed prequels it should be pretty difficult to fuck up.
maybrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 10:40 PM   #22
Body Boy
HackMaster

Keep it creepy rather than action-y. Follow the previous Paramounts filmmaking-wise, keep it at or around Crystal Lake, make it standout but not too much, (for example, the remake doesn't have a reference point other than "the one where Jason kidnaps" or "the one where almost everybody is stupid".../ Contrast with "the one with Baghead Jason"/"the one with the comedy"/etc). You can do this PM. I believe in you.
Body Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 10:42 PM   #23
deepred
Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim Bruun View Post
I have nothing against Hodder, and while I think he was an okay Jason, the movies he starred in were the least enjoyable of the Fridays to me.

The really interesting thing is: Where does this leave the rest of the series on blu?
From what I heard, a boxset is still forthcoming from WB and this deal will not change the distrubution rights that WB has on the existing films. This has been verified via one of their websites when a fan asked about a possibility of a boxset and they said very soon.
Old 06-05-2013, 10:45 PM   #24
mclay18
Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim Bruun View Post

Warners still has that distribution deal they inked with Paramount in place. WB will probably put out the rest of the F13 films on Blu to coincide with Paramount's new F13 film debut.

Par is free to make F13 sequels, whether in continuity with the 2009 remake or not. If they don't make a film or two in that 5 year span, the rights revert back to WB and the two will again share 50/50 rights on the franchise.
mclay18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 11:01 PM   #25
deepred
Maniac

The rumors I've been hearing is the boxset should be out sooner than the next film. They are already working on it.

http://www.fridaythe13thfranchise.co...rays-news.html

This wasn't the exact article I saw but someone asked for it on the WB FB page for xmas, and they responded like "very likely if you are a good boy" with a wink or something. I'm paraphrasing but I wouldn't be surprised if the boxset is announced THIS year.

*EDIT*

Here it is on blu-ray.com's Friday forum - post # 798

Quote:
Another person on WBShop's Facebook said all he wants for Christmas is 'Friday the 13th 1-8 on Blu-ray'.

They responded with 'You may get that and more if you are good.'

Hopefully the '...and more' means 'Jason Goes To Hell' and 'Jason X'?!

Last edited by deepred; 06-05-2013 at 11:05 PM.
Old 06-05-2013, 11:29 PM   #26
Kim Bruun
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclay18 View Post
Warners still has that distribution deal they inked with Paramount in place. WB will probably put out the rest of the F13 films on Blu to coincide with Paramount's new F13 film debut.

Par is free to make F13 sequels, whether in continuity with the 2009 remake or not. If they don't make a film or two in that 5 year span, the rights revert back to WB and the two will again share 50/50 rights on the franchise.
That's a relief - thank you for clarifying!
Kim Bruun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 11:43 PM   #27
spawningblue
Deadite

This was also posted at Bluray.com,

"someone on fridaythe13ththefilmfranchise.com just asked the site owner if this would affect any blu-ray release-he said no-its coming sooner than you think.Great news."

It sounds like news could come any day. My bet is it will hit in Sept., a good amount of time before Oct./ Halloween, and there is also a Fri. the 13th in Sept.!

My Movie Collection

The Horror and More! Podcast
spawningblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 11:53 PM   #28
sade
Screamy Bopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepred View Post

Also, give us Jason in the snow!
It would just look like a spinoff of the 'Cold Prey' flicks

Speaking of the CP flicks, the first 2 are awesome!
sade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 12:46 AM   #29
deepred
Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by sade View Post
It would just look like a spinoff of the 'Cold Prey' flicks

Speaking of the CP flicks, the first 2 are awesome!
I haven't seen CP - I'll have to check it out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maybrick View Post
All it needs is a good ice fishing setup. Like Jason tugging on the line and then reaching up through the hole and pulling the fisherman in!
LOL - I so think THAT should be the abrupt ending of Friday The 13th XIII : Jason on Ice.
Old 06-06-2013, 07:32 AM   #30
mlock
Stalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by spawningblue View Post
This was also posted at Bluray.com,

"someone on fridaythe13ththefilmfranchise.com just asked the site owner if this would affect any blu-ray release-he said no-its coming sooner than you think.Great news."

It sounds like news could come any day. My bet is it will hit in Sept., a good amount of time before Oct./ Halloween, and there is also a Fri. the 13th in Sept.!
My thoughts exactly. Releasing the series in hi-def on Friday the 13th, 2013 practically sells itself!!!!

xboxlive: TwitchofDethNrv
mlock is offline   Reply With Quote