Horror Digital Forum  

Go Back   Horror Digital Forum > All Things Horror > General > Site Polls

View Poll Results: Which is your favorite giallo starring Edwige Fenech?
5 Dolls for an August Moon 4 8.00%
The Strange Vice of Mrs. Wardh 9 18.00%
All the Colors of the Dark 6 12.00%
Your Vice Is a Locked Room and Only I Have the Key 6 12.00%
The Case of the Bloody Iris 11 22.00%
Strip Nude for Your Killer 14 28.00%
Voters: 50. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-05-2013, 05:40 PM   #16
deepred
Maniac

I ended up watching both Bloody Iris and Strange Vice the past two nights.

I thought Bloody Iris was ok but think it would have played better if the characters within the story took the murders more seriously and if they came up with a real mystery than we will stack the movie to the gills with weird characters that can all be red herrings. That doesn't seem like very creative or clever script writing. The positives were some of the death scenes were well done, the vomit yellow of the killers gloves (ew! but I liked a change up from the black) and of course the stunning Edwige Fenech. The silliest part I thought was when
Spoiler:
they revealed why the one person was afraid of blood just as he is cruelly thrown over a flight of stairs. Awww, poor guy saw his Dad die as a kid lol.

Strange Vice was great and I loved it! From the story, to the music to the way it was shot. This is my second Martino (1st one was Torso) and I am really looking forward to checking out more of his giallos as these two were really well done and enjoyable. I found a good copy of the OOP No Shame release on Amazon for $20 and snatched it up - looking forward to watching the documentary on the disc.

Is there any reason Mya never released the OOP Your Vice Is A Locked Room and Only I Have The Key? I see they reissued a lot of the No Shame releases but not this one.

Last edited by deepred; 06-05-2013 at 05:43 PM.
deepred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 06:45 PM   #17
Jamie
Screamy Bopper

I love Case Of The Bloody Iris (one of my top 10 favorite Gialli). That would be my first Edwige pick. Then All The Colors Of The Dark, and Strange Vice.
Jamie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 06:58 PM   #18
deepred
Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie View Post
I love Case Of The Bloody Iris (one of my top 10 favorite Gialli). That would be my first Edwige pick. Then All The Colors Of The Dark, and Strange Vice.
I think I may enjoy Bloody Iris more on second viewing. I am looking forward to All The Colors Of The Dark!
deepred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 11:41 PM   #19
Paff

Not sure if this is the right place for this question, but do you ever find yourself unsure if you've seen a particular giallo or not? Some of those titles start to jumble up in your head. Obviously, this is only a problem if you rent rather than buy your movies, but still. Like a few weeks ago, I got The Bloodstained Shadow from Netflix, and all through it I could swear I'd seen it before, but wasn't 100% sure.

On another note, I've decided to keep a bottle of J&B in my house, strictly for giallos, as it seems like EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM contains a scene of people drinking J&B (or at least being on the table). I'm not a scotch drinker in general, but that shit is just plain nasty...

* - The extra B is for BYOBB

Paff's Laserdiscs
Paff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 07:52 AM   #20
mlock
Stalker

I'm ashamed to say I haven't seen any of these, yet! But I have been on a bit of a "giallo" kick lately. Just watched THE BLACK BELLY OF THE TARANTULA and WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TO SOLANGE? last night. Am tempted to watch THE CASE OF THE SCORPION'S TALE tonite...

xboxlive: TwitchofDethNrv
mlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 08:04 AM   #21
mlock
Stalker

Update:
Just watched STRIP NUDE FOR YOUR KILLER last night. Thought it was a typically enjoyable giallo. I had to keep reminding myself when it was made because of the copious amounts of full frontal nudity during the first half hour or so!

xboxlive: TwitchofDethNrv
mlock is offline   Reply With Quote