Horror Digital Forum  

Go Back   Horror Digital Forum > All Things Horror > General

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-11-2013, 01:45 PM   #11
mlock
Stalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by shape22 View Post
For those who are interested in the Don May B-roll stuff here is some additional info with a couple screenshots:

http://www.ohmb.net/showthread.php?t=9201&page=13

It's important to note that there are no deleted scenes, as Carpenter has stated many times. These are pure outtakes (like the shot of Nick Castle rising from the ground and dancing) and alternate takes of scenes in the finished film.

I'd obviously love to see all of the B-roll footage. But that's not a requirement for me to double-dip. This disc will be a day one buy for me as long as it has the correct, Cundey-approved color timing. As impressive as the detail is on the Anchor Bay BD the film doesn't feel the same to me without the orange daytime tints and the deep, rich nighttime blues. Don May confirmed the strong blue tint is present on the original camera negatives:

http://www.hometheaterforum.com/topi...978/?p=3134016

Here's hoping they bring Cundey back for another go-round.

Thanks a bunch for that link! I had no idea Don may had access to this material for so long already. And while I agree that bringing Cundey back to work on the color timing would be fantastic, I'm a little confused. I realize he was involved with the 2000 Anchor Bay release, and it looked great, but isn't the director responsible for arranging the color timing for their films? Either way, weather Carpenter and/or Cundey are involved with the 35th Anniv edition, it will be mine!

xboxlive: TwitchofDethNrv
mlock is offline   Reply With Quote