Horror Digital Forum  

Go Back   Horror Digital Forum > All Things Horror > General

Old 06-11-2013, 09:04 PM   #2656
maybrick
HackMaster

1) I would never strive for a bigger collection out of "bigness" sake. That comes out of a natural consequence of collecting things that I love.

2) I've long since learned of better ways to go about seeing things without blind buying, and the few times when I do it's because I've done ample research beforehand that it is going to be something I'll want to keep.
maybrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 09:04 PM   #2657
Suicide
Space Bastard!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie Dude View Post
Has anyone confirmed that this print of the Howling is the same as the Studio Channel blu from Australia?
It has the Studio Canal logo at the beginning, so I think it's the same. I never saw the other release though so I'm not certain.

Sites I have no affiliation with, but highly recommend:
Hysteria Lives! . Bleeding Skull .
Suicide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 09:13 PM   #2658
CPT HOOK
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThisEvilBastard View Post
If you don't Blind-Buy stuff then you couldn't get thesse two thing's:

Some new favorite films if it wasn't for Blind Buy's I wouldn't have gotten into some favorite film's like Donnie Darko,A Clockwork Orange & All 5 Prophecy Movies
These aren't really blind-buys for me though. Just about everything Scream has tackled so far have been fairly well-known horror movies (at least within the horror community), most of which I've seen several times over the years.

I haven't seen Vampire Lovers though, but I've seen enough Hammer Films to know that I probably wouldn't care for it. I haven't seen their upcoming Dead Souls either. Other than that, I'm pretty sure I've seen all of these prior to their blu-ray debuts.
CPT HOOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 09:26 PM   #2659
Katatonia
Master of Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dobby View Post
I only buy movies I like but Katatonia is like you he buys everything.
Nah, just the stuff I want.

If I hate something, I get rid of it. My collection is small compared to others I've seen.

Katatonia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 01:53 PM   #2660
Dust Bunny
Screamy Bopper

Quick question, did The Town that Dreaded Sundown every come with a slipcase? I just received this plus The Burning imported to me in the UK. The Burning has a slip but the other doesn't. Other shout factory releases I have (Halloween II + III, They Live, Phantasm II and From Beyond) all had slips. I know I am more likely to get a slip if I pre-order but I have been bitten so many times with pre-orders and subpar discs.

Thanks
Old 06-12-2013, 01:58 PM   #2661
Mikey Horror
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dust Bunny View Post
Quick question, did The Town that Dreaded Sundown every come with a slipcase? I just received this plus The Burning imported to me in the UK. The Burning has a slip but the other doesn't. Other shout factory releases I have (Halloween II + III, They Live, Phantasm II and From Beyond) all had slips. I know I am more likely to get a slip if I pre-order but I have been bitten so many times with pre-orders and subpar discs.

Thanks
Town did not come with a slip. Only releases labeled as collector's editions are slipcovered.
Old 06-12-2013, 02:27 PM   #2662
Dust Bunny
Screamy Bopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikey Horror View Post
Town did not come with a slip. Only releases labeled as collector's editions are slipcovered.
cheers
Old 06-12-2013, 03:25 PM   #2663
crikan
HackMaster

I finally picked up my first Scream Factory release (The Burning). Before, The horrendous cover art wasn't a problem because I knew there is reversible cover art. Now I realize that doesn't help much because the slip cover is what I see sitting on my shelf and my OCD won't allow me to throw it in the trash...yet. If I buy enough of these Scream Factory releases I just might start throwing slip covers in the trash.
crikan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 03:34 PM   #2664
maybrick
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by crikan View Post
I finally picked up my first Scream Factory release (The Burning). Before, The horrendous cover art wasn't a problem because I knew there is reversible cover art. Now I realize that doesn't help much because the slip cover is what I see sitting on my shelf and my OCD won't allow me to throw it in the trash...yet. If I buy enough of these Scream Factory releases I just might start throwing slip covers in the trash.
I can't stand them either. I wound up flattening them out and stashing them in a closet.
Old 06-12-2013, 03:41 PM   #2665
shape22
HackMaster

I'm with you guys 100% on the slip covers. They annoy the hell out of me. But I can't bring myself to discard them. I like your compromise Maybrick.
shape22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 04:19 PM   #2666
Mikey Horror
HackMaster

If you don't want them, sell them. There's people who go absolutely ape shit over those things.
Old 06-12-2013, 04:25 PM   #2667
elDomenechHDG
Maniac

Here's an idea: Make the slipcovers the original art and the reversible (or inner case) the revised art. I like slips mainly because they cover the entire case, hiding the ugly blue tops. Never did like the smaller cases. I think it's because I was a big fan of Laserdisc packaging and the big "canvas" they provided for the artwork.
elDomenechHDG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 04:31 PM   #2668
CPT HOOK
HackMaster

The thing is that they're paying to commission this artwork. So burying it inside the case as the reversible art would seem kind of pointless, at least from a business standpoint.

I don't mind the new art, but I really don't care one way or another. I'm more concerned about what's on the disc.
CPT HOOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 05:10 PM   #2669
maybrick
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikey Horror View Post
If you don't want them, sell them. There's people who go absolutely ape shit over those things.
I usually find people like that to be more annoying than ugly slip covers. I'd rather toss them.
Old 06-12-2013, 06:23 PM   #2670
MorallySound
There is no magic.

MST3K: The Movie coming to Blu-ray/DVD combo from Shout!:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shout! Factory
Every year Hollywood releases hundreds of Collector’s Edition Blu-rays. This is one of them.

On September 3, 2013 Shout! Factory is proud to release Mystery Science Theater 3000: The Movie in a DVD/Blu-ray Collector’s Edition Combo pack.
And according to mst3kinfo.com these are the extras so far:

* There may be more extras, but these are the extras that are definite:
– The Making of Mystery Science Theater 3000 The Movie (the EPK that fans have probably seen around)
– Two new docs from Ballyhoo: “Mystery Science Theater 3000 The Movie: The Motion Picture Odyssey” (including new interviews with cast and crew and never-before-seen behind the scenes footage) and “This Island Earth: 2 1/2 Years In the Making.”
– Original trailer.

Videonomicon | Mantis in Black Lace | Vimeo | Instagram | Letterboxd | Tumblr | Twitter | Reel to Reel | DVD Aficionado
MorallySound is offline   Reply With Quote