Horror Digital Forum  

Go Back   Horror Digital Forum > All Things Horror > General

Old 05-28-2013, 08:39 PM   #31
dave13
HackMaster

i suppose you're right. maybe it just looks way too coiffed. Like he just went to a salon or something.
dave13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 01:31 PM   #32
Zombie Dude
HackMaster

Nice to get a taste of what he looks like but I'm hanging out to see a shot of him in the actual film. He'll look different again once he is moving and talking and who knows, they might make him look more human as they go along like the original.
Old 05-29-2013, 05:28 PM   #33
fceurich39
HackMaster

hopefully a trailer should be coming out anytime!!!!
fceurich39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 05:39 PM   #34
Workshed
October!

Ha ha, we are discussing Chucky's hair. We must be at the 6th installment if that's what we have left.
Well as the video explains, I do not think it is a great film, nor do I think.
Workshed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 04:46 AM   #35
fceurich39
HackMaster

more info from brad dourif's daughter!!!! http://bloody-disgusting.com/news/32...s-scary-again/
fceurich39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 04:37 PM   #36
ThisEvilBastard
Banned Mofo

As a horror fan I feel truly insluted that we ever consider The Chucky & Leperchaun film's to be apart of the Horror genre.
I really dislike all of those film's they need to be treated like "fan inslluting intelligenece" garbage.

A true horror fan would treat those like 9/11 to the horror genra
ThisEvilBastard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 05:25 PM   #37
chrismac87
Zombie Eater

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThisEvilBastard View Post
As a horror fan I feel truly insluted that we ever consider The Chucky & Leperchaun film's to be apart of the Horror genre.
I really dislike all of those film's they need to be treated like "fan inslluting intelligenece" garbage.

"Fan insulting intelligence garbage"?

I had to assume you were going for "insulting" in your previous post because I've never heard of "insllutting" before, but I digress.

Out of all the franchises, low budget schlock fests, and what not throughout the years that the horror genre has produced - you feel the CHILD'S PLAY and LEPRECHAUN films are the ones to revel at? This is a joke right?

I mean I'll admit, the LEPRECHAUN films are not gold by any stretch - but they're fun, and entertaining for the most part which is pretty much all anyone ever should have expected from them going in.

As far as the CHILD'S PLAY franchise goes, shit parts 2, 3, BRIDE and SEED OF CHUCKY are also nothing to go crazy over in my book; again fun and entertaining will sell these, but the first film is unarguably a cult classic film if not a classic film for its influence and unquestionable nightmares/fear it induced on a majority of its viewers.

The first film I always felt had been underrated due to it's being lumped in with the later sequels given it was a really solid horror flick that even hardened critics such as Roger Ebert enjoyed when it was released. The idea of a child's play thing becoming a vicious killer, a boy with a strange fascination with a doll that claims it to really be alive, that first half of the film that leaves the viewer themselves even questioning the legitimacy of Andy's story, etc. There's so much more to that film than just a killer doll running amok and even to this day it is a very effective horror film.

I wouldn't however going around calling those who enjoy those films not "true horror fans", because let's face it, there's no rule book or guidelines that any true horror fan needs to follow. Anyone who is a true horror fan to me is someone who enjoys films in the genre, discusses them, buys the many releases, collects memorabilia, and so on. A true horror fan doesn't tell others they're not true horror fans because they like this or that - again, let's face it, there's worse out there than the CHILD'S PLAY or LEPRECHAUN films that horror fans all over the world love and revel in.

Each person has their own tastes and while you evidently don't like the CHILD'S PLAY or LEPRECHAUN films - you shouldn't insult or demean those that do. As horror fans, we are considered outcasts enough, we don't need to internalize that anymore than it already is.

Last edited by chrismac87; 06-12-2013 at 05:33 PM.
chrismac87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 05:45 PM   #38
ThisEvilBastard
Banned Mofo

I mean no dis-resecpet those Horror fan's I'm just supporting the notion of puting thesse film's in the same line as Those Spoof Movie's like Date Movie & Disater Movie instead of including them in the best genera of all time
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrismac87 View Post
"Fan insulting intelligence garbage"?

I had to assume you were going for "insulting" in your previous post because I've never heard of "insllutting" before, but I digress.

Out of all the franchises, low budget schlock fests, and what not throughout the years that the horror genre has produced - you feel the CHILD'S PLAY and LEPRECHAUN films are the ones to revel at? This is a joke right?

I mean I'll admit, the LEPRECHAUN films are not gold by any stretch - but they're fun, and entertaining for the most part which is pretty much all anyone ever should have expected from them going in.

As far as the CHILD'S PLAY franchise goes, shit parts 2, 3, BRIDE and SEED OF CHUCKY are also nothing to go crazy over in my book; again fun and entertaining will sell these, but the first film is unarguably a cult classic film if not a classic film for its influence and unquestionable nightmares/fear it induced on a majority of its viewers.

The first film I always felt had been underrated due to it's being lumped in with the later sequels given it was a really solid horror flick that even hardened critics such as Roger Ebert enjoyed when it was released. The idea of a child's play thing becoming a vicious killer, a boy with a strange fascination with a doll that claims it to really be alive, that first half of the film that leaves the viewer themselves even questioning the legitimacy of Andy's story, etc. There's so much more to that film than just a killer doll running amok and even to this day it is a very effective horror film.

I wouldn't however going around calling those who enjoy those films not "true horror fans", because let's face it, there's no rule book or guidelines that any true horror fan needs to follow. Anyone who is a true horror fan to me is someone who enjoys films in the genre, discusses them, buys the many releases, collects memorabilia, and so on. A true horror fan doesn't tell others they're not true horror fans because they like this or that - again, let's face it, there's worse out there than the CHILD'S PLAY or LEPRECHAUN films that horror fans all over the world love and revel in.

Each person has their own tastes and while you evidently don't like the CHILD'S PLAY or LEPRECHAUN films - you shouldn't insult or demean those that do. As horror fans, we are considered outcasts enough, we don't need to internalize that anymore than it already is.
ThisEvilBastard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 05:55 PM   #39
chrismac87
Zombie Eater

Quote:
I mean no dis-resecpet those Horror fan's I'm just supporting the notion of puting thesse film's in the same line as Those Spoof Movie's like Date Movie & Disater Movie instead of including them in the best genera of all time
Well man, that is disrespectful, again - they have a fan base that's dedicated, loves and enjoys them. If you don't like them that's one thing, everyone's entitled to their opinion, but questioning the legitimacy of their worth in the genre or the fans who enjoy them - that's not an assessment you can really make.

Considering you own the first film as well, according to your Film Aficionado link, I think its safe to say you enjoy it enough to own it which leaves me to wonder why you said what you said in the first place? Especially in a thread where a majority of the people in it like the first film and presumably the others in the franchise.

I also want to point out that I believe any of the CHILD'S PLAY/LEPRECHAUN films had FAR more effort put into them than any of the "spoof" films that have come out in recent years. Those films all just borrowed ideas from other films and ran with them, none of them came up with original concepts or storylines whereas every film in the CHILD'S PLAY and LEPRECHAUN series did. Sure they might have borrowed a plot point or two - but they still came up with their own ideas/concepts, especially the first in either franchise.

Again, don't judge what others like or appoint yourself as jury/executioner to decide what belongs in the horror genre and what doesn't. No offense, but you or even myself isn't qualified to make any kind of assessment in that regard - unless its blatant like let's say someone tries to call YOU'VE GOT MAIL a horror film. Then we can work with that, but films that are made as horror, have horror elements to them that are taken seriously and are not spoofed in my opinion belong in the genre even if no one likes them.
Old 06-12-2013, 07:24 PM   #40
Workshed
October!

Quote:

You have no concept of scale.
Well as the video explains, I do not think it is a great film, nor do I think.
Workshed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 07:30 PM   #41
MisterTwister
HackMaster

WTF's a genera?
Old 06-12-2013, 10:10 PM   #42
zbinks
!OXOMOXO! ƎYƎ AM THE I

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterTwister View Post
WTF's a genera?
It's a plural form of the word, "genus".
zbinks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 05:20 AM   #43
Spacetraveler
Stalker

As far as Chucky's resurrection goes, I really hope that:

1. He will be resurrected differently from how it was done in Bride of Chucky.

2. At the beginning of the movie his per-resurrected form is how it was left in Child's play 3. Not in a completely different form like how the Leprechaun was in a frozen form at the beginning of Leprechaun 3 when he died in a completely different way at the end of Leprechaun 2.

3. There will be a resurrection scene. Not like the beginning of Jason Goes to Hell or Freddy's Dead when they just appear without an explanation of how they came back to life.
Spacetraveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 08:10 AM   #44
Zombie Dude
HackMaster

Quote:

So because you dislike them they shouldn't be considered horror by anyone? The only thing insulting here is your comment in a thread where fans of these movies are going to be.

Not sure how you managed to get a 9/11 reference in there either but to me that's quite distasteful.
Old 06-13-2013, 08:12 AM   #45
Zombie Dude
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by zbinks View Post
It's a plural form of the word, "genus".
Made my day.