Saw 2 5.88%
Your chose 10 29.41%
Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-19-2013, 03:17 AM   #76
deepred
Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Body Boy View Post
Oh, I was expecting something completely verbatim, since tits and blood is a generic phrase for stereotyping horror films. Thanks for the clip though.

Ummm...

Part 2 and the psychology of a killer with a childlike mind could be one.

Part 3, as mentioned before, was good with the rape scene. I totally forgot about that. There may be some stretching that can be done for that one as well.

Part 4... I think the Tommy's world thing is interesting, and his transformation may be taking back his world. But this is probably pushing it.

Part 5 is more than a copycat. It has a warped direction and as I've already said, the people outside the loony bin are more fucked than inside. People are victims within and outside of it. Jason is dead, but his evil can't really be contained with a label. The spirit of Jason (not literal!) lives on in others. You can label something a halfway house but say that crazies live there, but as with Roy and some of the nutjobs elsewhere, maybe evil isn't so clearly subdued or pointed out. Tommy is supposed to be the survivor, but by the end even he is disturbed.

Part 6 may have something to do returning to the root of the problem. Tommy's journey to take Jason back to the lake where it all began. This actually fits in nicely with the Part 1 theory that I've posted in that remembering the past may save the outcome. But other than that opening line there's little else to support it beyond Hollywood-ized entertainment.

Part 7 has a childhood trauma too. Yay! Too bad it's hack-directed. The telekinesis dialogue is ripe with interpretation. Like Parts 4 and 6 though, it may not have enough to make it work.

Part 8 is a film I give more credit for than most people. It's not nearly as terrible as people say. I can't think of something to fit it at this time though.

Part 9 ... I don't know guys, it feels like a quick fan production, and it looks it. I'd state a theory but I don't think it would be anything more than stupid.

Part 10... well Evil Bastard said it best, "good ride", aka, nothing beyond its script. That's not depth, that's entertainment. And not my idea of it either.

Part 11 has evil vs evil. The bad can sometimes counter the bad. Thing is the series has been made by fans since Jason Lives, whereas the first five are made by signed on directors. As it goes on I see less and less underlying structure, or even potential therein.

Part 12 ... it took elements from 1-4 without understanding the context. It's a mess and I can't make sense of it this way.
I agree with your sentiments on the F13 series, particularly "the series has been made by fans since Jason Lives, whereas the first five are made by signed on directors" and "That's not depth, that's entertainment. And not my idea of it either."
deepred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 03:29 AM   #77
zbinks
!OXOMOXO! ƎYƎ AM THE “I”

Quote:
Oh, I was expecting something completely verbatim, since tits and blood is a generic phrase for stereotyping horror films. Thanks for the clip though.

Ummm...

Part 2 and the psychology of a killer with a childlike mind could be one.

Part 3, as mentioned before, was good with the rape scene. I totally forgot about that. There may be some stretching that can be done for that one as well.

Part 4... I think the Tommy's world thing is interesting, and his transformation may be taking back his world. But this is probably pushing it.

Part 5 is more than a copycat. It has a warped direction and as I've already said, the people outside the loony bin are more fucked than inside. People are victims within and outside of it. Jason is dead, but his evil can't really be contained with a label. The spirit of Jason (not literal!) lives on in others. You can label something a halfway house but say that crazies live there, but as with Roy and some of the nutjobs elsewhere, maybe evil isn't so clearly subdued or pointed out. Tommy is supposed to be the survivor, but by the end even he is disturbed.

Part 6 may have something to do returning to the root of the problem. Tommy's journey to take Jason back to the lake where it all began. This actually fits in nicely with the Part 1 theory that I've posted in that remembering the past may save the outcome. But other than that opening line there's little else to support it beyond Hollywood-ized entertainment.

Part 7 has a childhood trauma too. Yay! Too bad it's hack-directed. The telekinesis dialogue is ripe with interpretation. Like Parts 4 and 6 though, it may not have enough to make it work.

Part 8 is a film I give more credit for than most people. It's not nearly as terrible as people say. I can't think of something to fit it at this time though.

Part 9 ... I don't know guys, it feels like a quick fan production, and it looks it. I'd state a theory but I don't think it would be anything more than stupid.

Part 10... well Evil Bastard said it best, "good ride", aka, nothing beyond its script. That's not depth, that's entertainment. And not my idea of it either.

Part 11 has evil vs evil. The bad can sometimes counter the bad. Thing is the series has been made by fans since Jason Lives, whereas the first five are made by signed on directors. As it goes on I see less and less underlying structure, or even potential therein.

Part 12 ... it took elements from 1-4 without understanding the context. It's a mess and I can't make sense of it this way.
Part 8 is yet another childhood trauma film... this time revolving around Rennie, her uncle, a young Jason and Rennie's resistance to learning how to swim.

Part 11 could be viewed as "The enemy of my enemy is my friend... even if he might want to chop my head off without giving it a second thought."
zbinks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 04:33 AM   #78
Spacetraveler
Stalker

I voted for Friday the 13th. I wish they would make a sequel that ignores all the New Line Jason movies plus the remake and picks up where 8 left off with the movie starting in Manhattan.
Spacetraveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 08:42 PM   #79
Grim
HackMaster

Quote:
I think that the characters are pretty strong actually. I've always identified with most of them, like Jack, Marcie, Brenda and Bill. The killer reveal is definitely cheap, but at the same time we had a road toward it. It didn't hit me until I watched it again recently and Enos mentions the boy drowning in 57, the murders in 58. We've seen the prologue with the two murders in 1958, but what was the purpose of mentioning something before what we saw? Unless... it was important. Because it didn't affect us/we didn't see it, like how the murders were no-news to the 1979 teenagers, we passed it off. But the 1957 event was the important part we skipped over, because we assumed that it was filler talk when we shouldn't have. The killer being "randomly thrown in" at the end does seem like a cheat, and in most other films I would think it was silly, but by a stroke of coincidence (I don't think a lot of what makes F13 work in depth is intentional, so lucky for you Cunningham ) the sudden appearance of an unknown killer shows how beyond understanding the situation is to the new counselors. Lightning in a bottle for sure. I could write an entire paper on the underlying themes and purpose of Friday the 13th. Lightning in a bottle. But it's a lucky accident. As much as I like the sequels (not nearly as much as Part I) I can't find any level of depth to work with. Part V has its possibilities with the town being crazier than those in the looney bin. I could try to work on that. But the first one is the only one I'd classify as genius, even if by fluke.
I never glossed over Enos mentioning the boy drowning in 57 and the murders in 58, as they certainly were meant to be linked to the "curse", along with the fires and the water being "bad", but I still think there's really no way for the audience to surmise that Mrs. Voorhees is the killer until she goes into her psycho rant. It could have worked better, I feel, if Mrs. Voorhees had had an onscreen presence in at least one other scene in the film (which I think they attempted to do with Roy in Part V, but even then they were a bit too heavy-handed and sloppy with the creepy stares the little comments he makes), just to establish her as a character and a possible suspect. As for the characters in the original, I think there was definitely potential to explore some depth, what with Alice and Steve's relationship that is hinted at, but that's all wasted by having Steve leave the group and stay in town. I realize that Steve is probably the only other possible red herring in the original film besides Crazy Ralph, but there definitely could have been more weight to that if he had stayed with the counselors, possibly setting up a jilted ex-lover scenario as he sees Alice and Bill interacting. Still, there's really no point in discussing what could have made the film better at this point as it's been done and completed for well over 30 years. I like your idea of Mrs. Voorhees' sudden appearance demonstrating how out of touch with everything the counselors are.

I should rephrase what I stated about the characters, though. It's not that there are no strong characters, I just feel every film that had a strong character or two usually killed them off way too early or just downplayed their significance in the plot. The spotlight is typically on a cardboard cut-out. There have been exceptions, though, such as Tommy Jarvis. They could have done so much more with the possible rape thing in Part 3, but it's just thrown in there so late in the film that it just seems kind of absurd.

On another note, this has all got me wanting to revisit the first four entries again.
Old 06-21-2013, 01:30 AM   #80
DVD-fanatic-9
Remaking My Soul

A Spoiler below, but you all should have seen the movie already so I'm not veiling or coding it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThisEvilBastard View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grim View Post
Your avatar is from Friday the 13th. This argument is invalid.
So you're insulting the Friday the 13th fanbase there.

Part 5 is the worst of the franchise and is pure trash.
Part 7 is bad
Part 9 had potential
As a fan of the franchise, I consider those 3 statements insulting.

Quote:
Omg, Part 5 is excellent! It's just like the first four, except upping the kitsch factor. The series was never the same after this one. The last good entry.
I also like A New Beginning a lot. It has the basic problem of choosing to make the characters mentally/emotionally/psychologically damaged and then tossing that out the window at random intervals, just to get them to follow cliché. It also half-fails at resurrecting the surreal, mind-blurring endings from the first 3 films.

But, it's actually, genuinely, very funny. Ethel especially is easily funnier than anything in Jason Lives.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorallySound View Post
Friday the 13th Part 6 is the worst in my opinion. It's the Nightmare on Elm Street 4 of the Friday the 13ths.
In-tres-ting...

A. You must think pretty poorly of the Nightmare on Elm Street series.
B. You must think much more highly of The Dream Child than I do. Or, perhaps anyone else on Earth.

No franchise sequel tried harder and failed more admirably than The Dream Master. In fact, it's only the casting that holds the film back from being The Definitive Horror Alice in Wonderland. Casting is the main problem for Jason Lives but nowhere near as big an issue, since just about no part of the story is taking itself seriously. The same isn't true for Dream Master.

Quote:
Elm Street 4 is so commercial it's sickening, and Part VI turns Jason into a Terminator for all the fathers out there. That's what I think of when I think of Jason Lives: a Father movie.
HUH?

(By the way, I do believe the director of the film himself said his father turned him on to horror and when his parents saw Jason Lives, his father was the only one who enjoyed it. Not sure if that helps you or me in this debate but there you go.)

As for NoES 4... what's necessarily wrong with being commercial? Robert Englund himself said that part of the creative excuse for the sequels was to tap into popular teen culture (especially Mtv) and use it against the characters. Why can't that work?

Quote:
I have an image from the series tattooed on my arm, so no, it wasn't an insult, but I do recognize what the series is, for the most part. 12 films full of tits and gore whose sole purpose in being made was to make money. I love the films dearly, but come on, let's be honest about the depth of the story in these films.
Full of? By the time you average the actual onscreen *ca-ching*/cache of the nudity and gore (especially given what was excised between the studio and the MPAA) versus each film's attempts at character and story... Are you sure it's really so wild for people to react to the films as though they have stories? Sure, we all know what the first film was meant to be. And the critics programmed the world to accept their take that the sequels all followed the same template. But who's to say the films really don't have stories? That instead of making the deaths and the killer operate entirely connected to what the characters go through dramatically, they just tell separate stories of people based on observations? How many people have you heard tell you they believe Ginny feels like a real person, for example? When I used to believe that film was one of the weaker in the series, I thought it didn't matter. But, unlike The Final Chapter, this is a very specific reaction people have who stick up for the movie and they've singled her out as why. I'm not sure even Meg from Re-Animator has as many fans.

Quote:
Please, fill me in on the depth of the series and the moral dilemmas and decisions the characters face, other than "should I smoke this weed and drink this beer, and then have sex?" or "should I go out into the woods alone after hearing that curious noise?"
That's a bit of a stereotype. The films are extremely crude but it's easy to at least react to the Final Girls as though they're real people with real consequences for what happens to them. At least with Chris, Tina, and Rennie. The rest comes down to the audience liking Ginny and Megan so much - because they were so active in the stories and didn't strike anyone as prudish - that they don't want anything (too) bad to happen to them.

Quote:
Not to mention the original film has one of the cheapest killer reveals ever. The audience has absolutely no way of surmising who the killer is. Hell, Pamela Voorhees' name isn't even mentioned until she introduces herself.
I'm not sure that was the point. I mean, consider the original Black Christmas. Do you think the point of the movie dropping red herrings on us and putting so much emphasis on us/the characters getting it right was so that we would be upset and frustrated when we discovered that the movie wasn't going to tell us who the killer was?

The physical presence of the killer alone is what I would guess the point was. Plus, when you consider Mrs. Voorhees was in a sense killing the teens for engaging in socially taboo activities, the abrupt notion that maybe she was a stand-in for parents disapproving of what the characters had been doing all along. If she had had a place in the story, she would have needed to have her motivation telegraphed beforehand. And... none of the other red herring characters had one. Also, remember that Alice does begin to lose her grip on reality more than a little bit in the ending. By movie #2, we're not even supposed to believe Jason was actually under the lake at all.

Quote:
I agree with Body Boy's assertion about the setting being catalyst for the events, but the events it causes aren't anything new or original, even in 1980.
Maybe not, but thanks to the setting they were most certainly iconic. In a sense, it was like a gimmick. I.e.: The Funhouse being the first noteworthy horror film taking place in an amusement park / fair / carnival in an attempt to be the definitive literal-thrillride horror film. And it sort-of does work, even though I think Sleepaway Camp is superior, Friday the 13th will always be the definitive summer-camp horror film.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepred View Post
Part 3 gets very deep with Chris almost being raped by Jason. I found her character and experiences very real - especially how she feels haunted by her past and cannot let it go. I don't think a character was as well rounded as Chris till Claire in Silence of the Lambs.
What about Betty in Opera? There's some pretty damn heavy stuff going on in that story.

By the way, another thread in the franchise of parental judgment. I've always found Chris to be an underrated character in horror. (Though the movie kinda shoots itself in the foot with some toilet tastelessness and wayward gimmicks; for example- the disco song at the end sure could have used a little tonal foreshadowing, and I don't count the convenience store scene because the quality was very shrill and its use was extremely random. Compare this bit to Jason Lives and the moment where the teens / counselors are literally being given advice by Alice Cooper's theme song playing on their car radio.)

Quote:
Oh, I was expecting something completely verbatim, since tits and blood is a generic phrase for stereotyping horror films.
So was I. But at least now the syrup imagery makes more sense.

Quote:
I will never accept that. Filling that detail in without the film making it clear that Jason ever had a sexual interest in stalking his victims (when all he ever did was kill them) is exactly the same as just saying Freddy was a child molestor rather than a torture-killer. Let us continue to be subjective and not state objectively that a character broke from tradition for the purpose of one sequel.

Quote:
Part 4 is about how sexuality is a negative thing which turns people into assholes. The filmmakers exploit this to get their own childish kicks from it. This also I will never change my tune on. I'm just as devout a fan as anyone else, have seen the film dozens of times, and have analyzed all 8 (of the interesting films) painstakingly. Time and again. But this movie is really screwed up and if anyone replies, bare my stubbornness in mind- I will never change. This film is cheap shit except for the film's production crew which made it look and sound mostly like canon Friday the 13th.

Quote:
I actually look at this movie as being mostly a comedy and wanting to be a very feel-good mystery. I mean, of course there is unpleasantness at times but most of the horny characters have healthy attitudes toward sex and their prospective partners. Unlike Final Chapter, where the instant someone expresses a sexual desire- nastiness, competitiveness, sexism, chauvinism, and other assorted uglinesses immediately follow.

Quote:
What about the half of her symptoms/cause involving how alienated she feels from other people?
DVD-fanatic-9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 01:49 AM   #81
Shlockjock81
HackMaster

...The Friday films fucking blow after the second one, and even that's a stretch. (It's 5 years later but looks painfully like 1981. Fuck off.)

The continuity in the timeline was completely thrown out of the window for this series. Naturally, films of this type usually have completely unlikeable protagonists, but this was a case where the characters were actually worth HATING. Not to mention the comedic aspects of the sequels never worked. I LOVE juvenile humor (I will almost always laugh when a fart sound is made) but these films had me rolling my eyes the entire time.

I will never understand why the Friday the 13th films are so beloved. Ever. Sad, because I do love the first one. But I can't watch it without shaking the feeling that it's part of a series that I can't fucking stand.
Shlockjock81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 02:26 AM   #82
Body Boy
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVD-fanatic-9 View Post
I also like A New Beginning a lot. It has the basic problem of choosing to make the characters mentally/emotionally/psychologically damaged and then tossing that out the window at random intervals, just to get them to follow cliché. It also half-fails at resurrecting the surreal, mind-blurring endings from the first 3 films.

But, it's actually, genuinely, very funny. Ethel especially is easily funnier than anything in Jason Lives.
I thought the ending(s) worked well. And yes, anything in ANB is funnier than JL, plus it doesn't disrupt the dark nature that JL does.

Quote:
(By the way, I do believe the director of the film himself said his father turned him on to horror and when his parents saw Jason Lives, his father was the only one who enjoyed it. Not sure if that helps you or me in this debate but there you go.)
Oh cool. And there's no opposing stance to what I said, so there's no me vs you in this part. It's just a feeling I have about the film. As if it's action-oriented but a bit reserved on the horror side.

Quote:
As for NoES 4... what's necessarily wrong with being commercial? Robert Englund himself said that part of the creative excuse for the sequels was to tap into popular teen culture (especially Mtv) and use it against the characters. Why can't that work?
I think Part 4 is better than what came after it, but the last time I watched it there were a lot of parallels to modern MTV-styled remakes. Except more artistically directed by far. It felt a bit too polished. But I'll take it over Dream Child and Freddy's Dead any day.

Quote:
And it sort-of does work, even though I think Sleepaway Camp is superior, Friday the 13th will always be the definitive summer-camp horror film.
I think SC is superior. I consider it the best slasher film of all time, and it goes beyond its ending (though that is the punch that puts everything into perspective).

Quote:
I will never accept that. Filling that detail in without the film making it clear that Jason ever had a sexual interest in stalking his victims (when all he ever did was kill them) is exactly the same as just saying Freddy was a child molestor rather than a torture-killer. Let us continue to be subjective and not state objectively that a character broke from tradition for the purpose of one sequel.
Cool. I don't think there's a fact to it, but there's an implication that "something" unsaid went down and Chris' story feels like a rape. It doesn't have to be rape in the F13 universe, but it doesn't mean that it can't stand for it.

Quote:
Part 4 is about how sexuality is a negative thing which turns people into assholes. The filmmakers exploit this to get their own childish kicks from it. This also I will never change my tune on. I'm just as devout a fan as anyone else, have seen the film dozens of times, and have analyzed all 8 (of the interesting films) painstakingly. Time and again. But this movie is really screwed up and if anyone replies, bare my stubbornness in mind- I will never change. This film is cheap shit except for the film's production crew which made it look and sound mostly like canon Friday the 13th.
Well that's a cool opinion. I don't share it. I won't change either. The end.

Quote:
I actually look at this movie as being mostly a comedy and wanting to be a very feel-good mystery. I mean, of course there is unpleasantness at times but most of the horny characters have healthy attitudes toward sex and their prospective partners. Unlike Final Chapter, where the instant someone expresses a sexual desire- nastiness, competitiveness, sexism, chauvinism, and other assorted uglinesses immediately follow.
It may be the characters rather than sex itself. Teddy and the twins. Jimbo/Tina and Sara/Doug have no negative moments for me.

Quote:
What about the half of her symptoms/cause involving how alienated she feels from other people?
Yep. Like I said it's ripe for interpretation. None of these are facts, they're new perspectives.
Body Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 02:39 AM   #83
Body Boy
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shlockjock81 View Post
...The Friday films fucking blow after the second one, and even that's a stretch. (It's 5 years later but looks painfully like 1981. Fuck off.)
Part II was shot in 1981... they aren't psychic.

Quote:
The continuity in the timeline was completely thrown out of the window for this series. Naturally, films of this type usually have completely unlikeable protagonists, but this was a case where the characters were actually worth HATING. Not to mention the comedic aspects of the sequels never worked. I LOVE juvenile humor (I will almost always laugh when a fart sound is made) but these films had me rolling my eyes the entire time.
Perhaps then you're simply not the right type of person for these films. If fart jokes gets your gall, something that irritates many, then it comes down to preference. As for unlikable protagonists... I don't see how any of the leads in the first few films aren't likable. I love Alice, Ginny, Chris, Trish, Pam, Tina, etc... And I love most of their friends. I don't like either of the Teds, Rick, Paul, but I can get into the others. Debbie, Andy, Jack, Bill, Brenda, Marcie, Mark, Jeff, Sandra, Teri, Vicki, Annie, Scott, Sara, Doug, Samantha, Tina/Eddie... they all have qualities similar to my friends. I like happy go lucky people and do not find that a hindrance. Perhaps hating leads has more to do with you than the films. What's so terrible about them?

Quote:
I will never understand why the Friday the 13th films are so beloved. Ever. Sad, because I do love the first one. But I can't watch it without shaking the feeling that it's part of a series that I can't fucking stand.
The first is clearly the best and most uniquely directed (though Part V has an air about it) but many of the sequels channel aspects of the first that I love. Slashers of the time like the first five with hidden killers and happy teens make me happy. I don't like cheering on the killer and I will likely NEVER understand what makes people want to root for a psychopath. I don't buy into the whole "people killed for sex and drugs" trope because I don't think that philosophy was in mind in the heyday, at least it doesn't come across. But as the F13 series progresses the more it's aimed at making Jason a hero and the teens "deserving it", the less I find to like. I like it when the teens have sex, having a good time. I enjoy seeing them diminished because it's not fair and I want the killer to pay for what he/she's done. I'm sick of films like Hatchet where you want every nobody to die. I want to relate to those who have been lost.
Old 06-21-2013, 02:46 AM   #84
Fistfuck
Helloooooo!

Friday the 13th are the fart jokes of the horror genre.
And I LOVE fart jokes.

-Paff
Fistfuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 03:34 AM   #85
maybrick
HackMaster

Quote:
Part II was shot in 1981... they aren't psychic.
The Friday the 13th timeline goes something like this (give or take a year or two):

Part 1: 1980
Parts 2-4: 1985
Part 5: 1990
Part 6: 1995
Part 7: 2005
Part 8: Sometime in the far flung future when the continents shift and Crystal Lake becomes a bay to the Ocean.

End of proper continuity.
maybrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 03:55 AM   #86
Body Boy
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by maybrick View Post
The Friday the 13th timeline goes something like this (give or take a year or two):

Part 8: Sometime in the far flung future when the continents shift and Crystal Lake becomes a bay to the Ocean.

I know that (actually, Part 1 is 1979, and 2-4 is 1984). I'm responding to the criticism that Part II looks like 1981 when it's supposed to be 1984. They're not psychic.
Old 06-21-2013, 04:20 AM   #87
Shlockjock81
HackMaster

Quote:
I know that (actually, Part 1 is 1979, and 2-4 is 1984). I'm responding to the criticism that Part II looks like 1981 when it's supposed to be 1984. They're not psychic.
Maybe they just... shouldn't have set it 5 years later?

It wasn't necessary.
Shlockjock81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 04:55 AM   #88
The Tall Man
Stalker

Not so much a sequel, but I always wondered what a prequel to Dead & Buried would be like. Exploring Dobbs earlier work perhaps.
The Tall Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 06:30 AM   #89
deepred
Maniac

Quote:
What about Betty in Opera? There's some pretty damn heavy stuff going on in that story.

By the way, another thread in the franchise of parental judgment. I've always found Chris to be an underrated character in horror. (Though the movie kinda shoots itself in the foot with some toilet tastelessness and wayward gimmicks; for example- the disco song at the end sure could have used a little tonal foreshadowing, and I don't count the convenience store scene because the quality was very shrill and its use was extremely random. Compare this bit to Jason Lives and the moment where the teens / counselors are literally being given advice by Alice Cooper's theme song playing on their car radio.)
I was being kinda facetious with my Chris comments. For me, Friday 3, along with 5, are the most fun and entertaining. The convenience store scene in particular reminds me more of something you would see in a grindhouse film than a Friday sequel and that's precisely why I love it.

Betty definitely had some serious issues for sure - one being the actress playing her. I've read she was awful to work with. I believe Dario wanted to work with Jennifer Connelly again but alas that was not too be.

Btw, I meant to tell you, I saw Hatchet For The Honeymoon in your top 25. I just saw it recently for the first time and was surprised by how much I enjoyed it. I definitely think it's underrated. Some of the scenes, in particular the flashbacks, reminded me a bit of Shock. I loved the scene with the detective and the blood dripping from the stairs!
deepred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 02:37 PM   #90
dave13
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by maybrick View Post

no way, part 5 needs to be at least 10 years after part 4, in order for tommy to age that much. he can't be any more than 10-11 in part 4, and there's no way he's less than 20 in part 5.
dave13 is online now   Reply With Quote