Horror Digital Forum  

Go Back   Horror Digital Forum > All Things Horror > General

Old 06-27-2013, 05:05 PM   #46
fceurich39
HackMaster

good news but there is just 2 much stuff coming out this fall lol hope the tv extended cut will be in hd included could care less about special features actually
fceurich39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 06:57 PM   #47
bruce h
Editor - CINEMA ARCANA

New blu is up for preorder!

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ag=cinema09-20

According to the description, it's "Packed with brand-new extras and a brand new HD transfer from original vault elements for a true, definitive collector's edition."
bruce h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 08:05 PM   #48
Demoni
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce h View Post
According to the description, it's "Packed with brand-new extras and a brand new HD transfer from original vault elements for a true, definitive collector's edition."
Anchor Bays has to add something to sell their fish once again.

Last edited by Demoni; 06-28-2013 at 10:19 PM.
Demoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 09:51 PM   #49
shape22
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce h View Post
New blu is up for preorder!

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ag=cinema09-20

That price is an outrage. But I preordered anyway. Go Cundey go!
shape22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 01:11 AM   #50
buck135
The Duke of New York

Groan. Not September. There's so many damn Blu-ray's coming out in September. I'll hold out for as long as I can on this one.
Old 06-29-2013, 02:28 AM   #51
fceurich39
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demoni View Post
Anchor Bays has to add something to sell their fish once again.
we know about the 4k scan transfer supervised by dean cundey similar to last Halloween's limited theatrical run but I Hope the extended tv cersion will be on the Blu-ray in HD if not SD is fine just have it on the new Blu-ray anchor bay please!!!
fceurich39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 03:31 PM   #52
Mikey Horror
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katatonia View Post
Artwork can be viewed here: http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Halloween-Blu-ray/54082/

1 Movie, 2 Cuts? The TV version in HD would be nice...though it may be just SD.
That's not the official artwork. That's been up on their site for well over a year now and is admittedly fan made.
Old 06-29-2013, 03:42 PM   #53
Katatonia
The Dark and the Light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikey Horror View Post
That's not the official artwork. That's been up on their site for well over a year now and is admittedly fan made.
My bad then. I swear I looked just a week or two ago and there was no image on there.

Katatonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 04:09 PM   #54
Mikey Horror
HackMaster

I really hope they just use the original poster art and not try too hard.
Old 06-29-2013, 06:02 PM   #55
dickieduvet
Maniac

I don't want to see anything other than the original art, It's up there with Jaws as one of the most iconic posters in cinema history. Just stick a 35th anniversary along the top or bottom in small writing
dickieduvet is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 09:14 PM   #56
shape22
HackMaster

I'm really surprised that some of you are so interested in the TV version. I'd love to hear why. The extra Smith's Grove scenes totally destroy the rhythm of the opening chapters. Judged outside the context of the film I kind of like the scene of Loomis talking to Michael in his room. But the movie plays much better going straight from Haddonfield to the thunderstorm scene. And the later scene with Jamie Lee and P.J. Soles is pure filler.

I truthfully don't care if they put those scenes on the new disc at all. I have the old DVD and I don't feel the need to watch that stuff on any kind of regular basis. I'm sure everyone knows that the added scenes aren't even legitimate outtakes. Carpenter filmed that stuff to pad the run-time for TV while they were doing Halloween II. Those scenes were not part of the original script. And that cut of the film was never endorsed by anyone involved with Halloween. It was a bastardized, neutered version created to get the film past the network censors. If the edited film was long enough to fill the network run-time slot that material never would have been filmed.

With so many prior releases of Halloween the only extra material that interests me is the B roll footage (which won't be included). I even question the need for a new commentary track. Between the earlier commentary and the numerous feature-length documentaries I really question what else Carpenter and Curtis can add--especially now that they're so much older and farther removed from the production. NEW COMMENTARY just seems like a cover banner justification for double-dipping. And a Cundey-supervised transfer is more than enough justification. All I need from this release is a transfer that properly represents the original look of the film.

But I am legitimately curious about what you guys think. Please tell me whether or not the TV version is important to you, and if so, why?
Old 06-29-2013, 09:23 PM   #57
othervoice1
HackMaster

Well any additional time with P.J. Soles is a bonus for me! Huge crush on her back in the day. And when I was a kid and first saw this movie I saw the TV version - I did not see the theatrical version until I was older. And it is just nice to have both.
othervoice1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 10:03 PM   #58
ronnie21
HackMaster

I always seen the tv version, so when I finally seen the R rated version on the movie channel in summer of 85. I thought it was strange that tv scenes were cut out. when really they weren't..But in 85 I didn't have the internet to explain that to me..
ronnie21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 10:05 PM   #59
shape22
HackMaster

Thanks guys. That makes sense. I get the nostalgia factor 100%.
Old 06-29-2013, 10:36 PM   #60
Mikey Horror
HackMaster

Yeah, back when this was first airing on TV before home video really took off, it's the only version most of us saw. It's definitely a nostalgia thing. I can remember never wanting to go trick or treating if it was on.