Horror Digital Forum  

Go Back   Horror Digital Forum > All Things Horror > General

Old 06-26-2013, 05:08 PM   #61
ThisEvilBastard
Banned Mofo

Seen it Yesterday and I just enjoyed it.
ThisEvilBastard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 04:08 PM   #62
fallon6190
Victim

Just got back from seeing this and it was ok. Thought the ideas in it were really good for a new type of zombie flick. I just hate they bought the rights to the book so now we will never get a faithfull adaptation from the book to the screen. I just couldn't buy into the fast moving zombies running all over each other it looked to cartoony for my taste. How can you make a zombie movie and there be no blood in the film?
fallon6190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 04:58 PM   #63
russweiss
Maniac

Night of the Living Dead didn't really have blood in it.
russweiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 06:48 PM   #64
chrismac87
Zombie Eater

Quote:
Originally Posted by fallon6190 View Post
Just got back from seeing this and it was ok. Thought the ideas in it were really good for a new type of zombie flick. I just hate they bought the rights to the book so now we will never get a faithfull adaptation from the book to the screen. I just couldn't buy into the fast moving zombies running all over each other it looked to cartoony for my taste. How can you make a zombie movie and there be no blood in the film?
There's been plenty of zombie films sans blood, this isn't the first and I'm sure it won't be the last.
Old 06-30-2013, 02:47 AM   #65
Dave
Pimp

I really enjoyed it. I can live without the gore. To me it was like an action flick featuring zombies. I don't want to say a zombie movie doesn't need gore. When I think Dawn and Day of the Dead, I believe the gore adds significantly to those movies. Yet with World War Z, I don't believe the lack of gore is detrimental (besides our own love of blood and guts).

I can hardly remember the book, though after referencing my review of the book on this site, I am disappointed there were no underwater zombies in the movie.

The book and the movie are completely different. However, I enjoyed them both thoroughly.
Old 06-30-2013, 03:58 PM   #66
chrismac87
Zombie Eater

Looks like the Blu/DVD will be unrated or at the very least an R rated cut;

"Forster also confirms to Focus that World War Z will have a harder version on DVD/BD because the PG-13 rating in the US was a problem that limited the things they could show. And as one of our colleagues could already confirm, the theatrical version basically doesn't have any blood. That's unusual for a zombie movie but according to Forster, that is about to change once the DVD/BD gets released."

Source - Movie-Censorship.com
Old 07-15-2013, 04:22 PM   #67
deepred
Maniac

I saw this last night and enjoyed it. Although almost bloodless, it had a lot of suspenseful and tense scenes along with the terrible Hollywood dialogue - it's all in the crumbs so look for them!
deepred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 02:52 PM   #68
Mok
HackMaster

Watched it last night. I really liked it too. I was expecting no blood cause of all the whiny babies complaining about it, but was surprised at how much there actually was. It was hoakey, but had great tensity and atmosphere. Everything from 28 Days Later to Resident Evil (video game).
Mok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 04:42 PM   #69
dave13
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mok View Post
tensity
tension?

intensity?
dave13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 04:58 PM   #70
Mok
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave13 View Post
tension?

intensity?
Tensity.
Mok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 02:21 AM   #71
Shannafey
Don't Monkey With Me!

The Walmart exclusive Blu-Ray has an interview with George Romero and Max Brooks. Gonna get it there!!
Shannafey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 06:32 AM   #72
Erick H.
HackMaster

I could never get worked up for this,I'm kinda "zombied out" ( vampires are wearing me down too),but a friend who was hot to see it treated me to a matinee (along with another one I didn't care about,WHITE HOUSE DOWN).I can say I preferred WWZ to Jamie Fox and Channing Tatem,but I was still fairly indifferent to it.It was more of an "infection" movie to me (like OUTBREAK) than a zombie film,or a horror film at all in fact.It was decently made and Pitt was solid but he was about the only character in it that really had much to do and had any develoment.The Isreali girl ALMOST developed.I found it watchable but unmemorable.it gave me the impression that it was trimmed considerably.
DOCTOR WHO fans might wanna note that the show's next leading man turns up as a scientist late in Z.
Erick H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 05:50 PM   #73
spawningblue
Deadite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shannafey View Post
The Walmart exclusive Blu-Ray has an interview with George Romero and Max Brooks. Gonna get it there!!
It does sound great. Unfortunately the content isn't on a disc, just a code to unlock it streaming through VUDU. This should have been on the disc!

My Movie Collection

The Horror and More! Podcast
spawningblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 07:29 PM   #74
dave13
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mok View Post
ok
dave13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 09:41 PM   #75
Mok