Horror Digital Forum  

Go Back   Horror Digital Forum > All Things Horror > Slashers

Old 06-14-2013, 03:28 PM   #46
hots4
Stalker

really enjoyed it, very nice close to the series, would be surprised if they made another (where would they go!!!), did feel bigger, some nice humour also, my only complaint is some of the gore gags, there was not the inventiveness i would have liked, even if it was for just one or two gags, most of them had been done in the previous films, but hey i still loved it, physical effects as usual apart from the end. all in all very happy. look forward to getting on blu.

Last edited by hots4; 06-14-2013 at 08:53 PM.
hots4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 04:20 PM   #47
baggio
HackMaster

Seen it, liked it. Took a little to get going, but that was to set up the story. Filmed well, had that more expensive feel to it. The humor like others have mentioned was well played, it wasn't really slapstick, which was nice. No CGI, all practical effects. Like hots4 mentioned, the kills could have been a little more creative, but that might have been a result to the "killing" situations. Most of the killing by Victor, was attacking people that knew about his existence. This wasn't a bunch of people taking a tour in the swamp getting surprise attacked by an unknown. Caroline Williams & Zach Galligan were quite good here, as well as Danielle Harris (who looked really good) Even Mears did a good job.

Enjoyed the surprise cameo, the other another great addition, & the "other" little surprise... Which btw I'm not ruining, like someone else did the cameo in another post. Please use spoiler tags guys.

P.S. - Two "attacks" by Victor actually made me jump, so kudos for that.

Last edited by baggio; 06-14-2013 at 04:36 PM.
baggio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 03:52 AM   #48
Zombie Dude
HackMaster

Watched it last night. I enjoyed it but no doubt will enjoy it more once I can see it in HD with no cropping. I hope they make more of these. I've been enjoying this franchise.
Old 06-18-2013, 06:18 AM   #49
BloodMan
Kill Time B4 It Kills You

Dug it big time! Part 2 was shitty but this made up for it. Sid Haig was funny as hell and the kills were alot of fun.

If I Don't Have The Right To Torture You, Why Then Do You Have The Right To Torture Me By Taking Away The Pleasure That I Could Get From Torturing You?

Remember, one cannot make footprints in the sands of time by sitting on their butt, and who wants to leave butt prints in the sands of time?
BloodMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 05:03 PM   #50
bigdaddyhorse
Detroit Hi-on

Where is everyone seeing this at? Leaked torrents, film fests or is it out in limited release?
I feel left out already.

My Fucking DVDS
bigdaddyhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 05:05 PM   #51
CPT HOOK
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdaddyhorse View Post
Where is everyone seeing this at? Leaked torrents, film fests or is it out in limited release?
I feel left out already.
I couldn't find it OnDemand, where they usually release this stuff. But it is on iTunes and Amazon streaming.
CPT HOOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 05:57 PM   #52
elDomenechHDG
HackMaster

It's on Amazon streaming? Cool - I have Amazon Prime and I had no idea I could also stream movies from them for free.
elDomenechHDG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 06:05 PM   #53
CPT HOOK
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by elDomenechHDG View Post
It's on Amazon streaming? Cool - I have Amazon Prime and I had no idea I could also stream movies from them for free.
I don't think it's available for free streaming. When I had Prime streaming, the movies had to be $1.99 or less for it to be free.

It's $6.99 on both iTunes and Amazon.
CPT HOOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 02:24 AM   #54
Zombie Dude
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdaddyhorse View Post
I feel left out already.
I'm assuming torrents for the most part. That's how I saw it.
Old 07-08-2013, 06:14 PM   #55
Mok
Family is Forever

Watched this over the weekend. Nothing earth-shattering, but a lot of fun. Really great fan service with lots of horror stars included. Everyone was from somewhere. This is nearly the Expendables for horror. I have new respect for Derek Mears. He bowed to the godfather. And the gore is ridiculous and non-cgi so no one should complain. I hope they come out with a boxed set and make more of these. I've liked all three so far.
Mok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 12:28 PM   #56
hots4
Stalker

Seems the Germans are releasing a 3D version of this!!!! Blu ray sleeve below.

hots4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 12:51 PM   #57
Hellbilly
HellPumpkin

Quote:
Originally Posted by hots4 View Post
Seems the Germans are releasing a 3D version of this!!!! Blu ray sleeve below.

Hatchet III was only released in a censored version (missing 2 minutes footage) in Germany. I believe the Austrian Blu-ray is uncut. Not sure about the 3D version though.

Movie Tracker 2014
Hellbilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 01:05 PM   #58
Zombie Dude
HackMaster

3D would be cool but I have to say, after revisiting Hatchet 3 I found it to have some of the most boring and unimaginative kills of the series. Plus I think they could have written some better dialogue for Mary Beth. Every since they changed to Daniel Harris all the character does is whine and drop the f-bomb. She's far from a likable lead.

Last edited by Zombie Dude; 02-03-2014 at 01:53 AM.
Zombie Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 01:38 AM   #59
The Chaostar
Johnny Hallyday forever

No digital gore = I will see it.
It's that simple thesedays.
Old 02-04-2014, 01:39 AM   #60
sade
Screamy Bopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie Dude View Post
3D would be cool but I have to say, after revisiting Hatchet 3 I found it to have some of the most boring and unimaginative kills of the series. Plus I think they could have written some better dialogue for Mary Beth. Every since they changed to Daniel Harris all the character does is whine and drop the f-bomb. She's far from a likable lead.
I agree, even though I'm huge fan of practical special effects I found the filmmaker more focused on the gore (kill/min) than the story line. I also felt the same way about the 2nd ChromeSkull flick.
sade is offline   Reply With Quote