Horror Digital Forum  

Go Back   Horror Digital Forum > All Things Horror > General

Old 07-08-2013, 10:49 PM   #2836
zbinks
!OXOMOXO! ƎYƎ AM THE I

From Facebook:

Quote:
It's now "official" that we will be at Comic-Con San Diego in two weeks!!

Legendary genre icon Adrienne Barbeau and Horror's Hallowed Ground's spunky Sean Clark will be joining Cliff MacMillan (Scream Factory DVD producer) and Jeff Nelson... (Scream Factory marketing director) as they take you behind the scenes, introduce exclusive footage, and announce future releases. Their panel will be held on July 19th, 6:30- 7:30pm. Room 24ABC.

Before that, Adrienne and Len Wein (creator, Swamp Thing) will be doing a signing at the Shout Factory booth (#4248) from 4:30 - 5:30pm on July 19th too. (And, yes, we will be selling THE FOG and SWAMP THING there earlier than their 7/30 and 8/6 official street dates.)

We know you're pumped about what titles we're going to announce there and we've seen all your guesses. Just to manage expectations, we felt it was important to let you know that, although we have quite a robust slate planned for 2014, there's a chance that we might not be able to divulge it all at the Con as we had originally hoped as deals may not be closed by the then. That being said, we still have some good ones for you to reveal and we're working hard to secure to the others. We're not done terrifying you guys yet!

We genuinely look forward to seeing you if you will be attending and answer questions where we can.

zbinks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 08:22 PM   #2837
Anthropophagus
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie21 View Post
saw some of Amityville II on Comcast HD free movies today, it looks really good in HD, iam quessing the blu ray will look good too, but just not into this movie. It has too many realistic scenes of family and child abuse. Iam sure this movie could never be made today. Man, they got away with some stuff back in the early 80's..
You're right about this.
I just read an interview with Burt Young in the new Fangoria where he discussed a scene that was excised showing the father forcibly sodomizing the wife. If this had been included it would have taken the film into a whole new level of sleaze whereas the bar was already set pretty high with the incest factor.
Undeniably and this is total unproven allegation that I read somewhere on the actual Defeo case some posited an incestuous relationship between Ronnie 'Butch' Defeo and his sister Dawn, whether this is true or not I can't tell you. However, that rumor is out there and the film was touted as being loosely based on fact.
Couple this with director Damiano Damiani's early flirtations with the sexploitation genre and you probably have a feasible excuse for some of the questionable content of Amityville II: The Possession.
As for me, I first saw it on one of those HBO free preview weekends when I was much too young to comprehend the true horror of domestic abuse of any sort, so to me it's forever etched into memory as just a really frightening film with a creepy as Hell score to match.

Last edited by Anthropophagus; 07-10-2013 at 08:26 PM.
Anthropophagus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 02:52 AM   #2838
MisterTwister
HackMaster

Received the "Sci-Fi Movie Marathon" set in the mail and watched both Arena and Eliminators.

PQ is pretty good for what sources Shout had to deal with. Both films are a lot of fun, too. Especially Arena.

BTW Amazon lists "Interview with Andrew Prine" as being a special feature. It's nowhere to be found on either disc.
Old 07-11-2013, 03:15 AM   #2839
Marshall Crist
Stalker

As it been established whether Scream Factory's release of THE OUTING is the long version or the short version? I am assuming the latter.
Marshall Crist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 03:32 AM   #2840
ronnie21
HackMaster

anthro, good stuff there, My grandfather use to deal with the father defeo, He worked for ford motors and dealt with the real dad over the telephone for parts and stuff.. I was told this when the movie came out in theaters in sept of 82..
ronnie21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 02:53 PM   #2841
Anthropophagus
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie21 View Post
anthro, good stuff there, My grandfather use to deal with the father defeo, He worked for ford motors and dealt with the real dad over the telephone for parts and stuff.. I was told this when the movie came out in theaters in sept of 82..
Interesting, there is a documentary on YT that alludes to the incest allegations and much more, look up The Real Amityville Horror.
Anthropophagus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 11:12 PM   #2842
chancetx
Stalker

"Catacombs" is one I've been wanting to see for years. Shout/Scream is quickly decimating my most-wanted titles list.
chancetx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 11:37 PM   #2843
Dobby
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthropophagus View Post
Interesting, there is a documentary on YT that alludes to the incest allegations and much more, look up The Real Amityville Horror.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YOQadoeQims
Dobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 07:59 AM   #2844
Nailwraps
HackMaster

Something cool about the MST3K: The Movie CE coming up:

http://forum.blu-ray.com/showpost.ph...3&postcount=77
Nailwraps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 09:41 PM   #2845
dave13
HackMaster

Night of the Comet artwork from facebook:

dave13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 02:47 AM   #2846
Nailwraps
HackMaster

Something truly AWESOME for Power Rangers fans!!!!:

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Mig...20-Years/18729

Seems that the 3 latest seasons (Samurai, Super Samurai, and Megaforce) are included in the set, maybe Shout! struck a deal with Lionsgate (who owns home video rights to the 2 latest seasons). Not only that, they seem to acquire some ITC titles from them too (The Eagle Has Landed, Voyage Of The Damned). Can you say "Dead Alive Collector's Edition" next?
Nailwraps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 05:26 AM   #2847
Katatonia
The Dark and the Light

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave13 View Post
Night of the Comet artwork from facebook:

Ugh, that artwork is horrible. Even the color scheme is lame.

Katatonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 05:50 AM   #2848
Mutilated Prey
Soul Stealer

Fuck the Power Rangers.
Old 07-18-2013, 06:12 AM   #2849
Zombie Dude
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katatonia View Post
Ugh, that artwork is horrible. Even the color scheme is lame.
Luckily I have no interest in this film. I've never been a Night of the Comet fan. I thought it was ok but ultimately I was bored.
Old 07-18-2013, 06:15 AM   #2850
dave13
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie Dude View Post
Luckily I have no interest in this film. I've never been a Night of the Comet fan. I thought it was ok but ultimately I was bored.
i'm kind of in the same boat. although i'm a sucker for scream factory stuff...so a low price and nice features might make me buy it.
dave13 is offline   Reply With Quote