Buechlers_beard
Stalker

Arrow's Texas Chainsaw Massacre Part 2 ltd ed BD

http://www.arrowfilms.co.uk/index.ph...&tle_id=810&v=
Buechlers_beard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 04:02 PM   #2
Eddyw78
Stalker

So is the RRP £19.99 or £39.99? Or is the £19.99 the standard edition.
Eddyw78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 04:10 PM   #3
Buechlers_beard
Stalker

£19.99 if you pre order before August 12th.
Old 07-26-2013, 06:09 PM   #4
bachmann
Stalker

ordered
bachmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 06:20 PM   #5
Matt89
HackMaster

Wow. I really have to get a new region-free blu-ray player.

~Matt
Old 07-26-2013, 06:25 PM   #6
Stige
HackMaster

another douple dip
Stige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 09:21 PM   #7
Demoni
HackMaster

i didn´t like "Eggshells". Was kinda boring and not horror related.

So, this edition only interest me for:
- “Still Feelin' the Buzz” - Interview with horror expert Stephen Thrower, author of Nightmare USA.
- In Conversation with Tobe Hooper - The legendary horror director speaks about his career from Eggshells to The Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2.
- 100 page book

From that, I don´t know if it justifies the upgrade.

The “Still Feelin' the Buzz” interview may be good or not, and the Tobe Hooper interview only is valid for me because it speaks about Texas Chainsaw Massacre.
It states the the high definition transfer of Chainsaw 2 was supervised by Director of Photography Richard Kooris, but I don´t know it that is already the case of the the MGM edition.

Last edited by Demoni; 07-26-2013 at 09:23 PM.
Demoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 10:03 PM   #8
hots4
Stalker

I very much doubt that the mgm release was anything but a release from an already existing HD print, how much difference this will make time will tell, I have to say arrow are going all out on there releases now, makes me proud to be british!!!
hots4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 10:33 PM   #9
Buechlers_beard
Stalker

I asked Arrow if it was possible to include Tony Hooper's All American Massacre. Unfortunately due to lots of rights issues they couldn't. It's nice they thought about it and made the effort, even though it wasn't possible.
Old 07-27-2013, 12:24 AM   #10
Demoni
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by hots4 View Post
I very much doubt that the mgm release was anything but a release from an already existing HD print, how much difference this will make time will tell, I have to say arrow are going all out on there releases now, makes me proud to be british!!!
Yes, the latest Arrow releases are superb. The have grown largely.
While not British, I am proud to have supported and see this company grow since his beginnings.

Regarding this release, while it sounds very good indeed, it feels that it is more about Hooper´s previous movies that the actual "Texas 2".

I will upgrade only if the picture quality is substantially better, as I already saw one of the extra movie that is in this package and didn´t like it.
Old 09-20-2013, 02:48 PM   #11
Katatonia
Master of Doom

Expanded details for the release: http://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=12200

Quote:
3-Disc Limited Edition Set Features

• High Definition digital transfers of three Tobe Hooper films
  • Original uncompressed audio tracks for all films
  • Limited Edition Packaging, newly illustrated by Justin Erickson
  • Individually Numbered #/10,000 Certificate
  • Exclusive Limited Edition Extras
DISC 1 – THE TEXAS CHAINSAW MASSACRE 2

• High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) presentation from a digital transfer supervised by Director of Photography Richard Kooris
  • Original uncompressed Stereo 2.0 audio • Optional English SDH subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing
  • Audio commentary with director and co-writer Tobe Hooper, moderated by David Gregory • Audio commentary with stars Bill Moseley, Caroline Williams and special-effects legend Tom Savini, moderated by Michael Felsher
  • "It Runs in the Family" - A 6-part documentary looking at the genesis, making-of and enduring appeal of Hooper's film, with interviews including star Bill Johnson, co-writer L. M. Kit Carson, Richard Kooris, Bill Moseley, Caroline Williams, Tom Savini, production designer Cary White and more!
  • Alternate Opening sequence with different musical score
  • Deleted scenes
  • "Still Feelin' the Buzz" - Interview with horror expert Stephen Thrower, author of Nightmare USA
  • Cutting Moments with Bob Elmore – Interview with The Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2's stuntman
  • Gallery featuring never-before-published behind-the-scenes images
  • Original Trailer
DISC 2 [BLU-RAY] & DISC 3 [DVD] – TOBE HOOPER'S EARLY WORKS – LIMITED EDITION EXCLUSIVE

• High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) and Standard Definition (DVD) presentation of two of Tobe Hooper's early works restored by Watchmaker Films with Tobe Hooper, available on home video for the first time in the world
  • The Heisters (1965) - Tobe Hooper's early short film restored in HD from original elements [10 mins]
  • Eggshells (1970) - Tobe Hooper's debut feature restored in HD from original elements [90 mins]
  • Optional English SDH subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing
  • Audio Commentary on Eggshells by Tobe Hooper
  • In Conversation with Tobe Hooper - the legendary horror director speaks about his career from Eggshells to The Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2
  • Trailer Reel of all the major works by Tobe Hooper
100-PAGE BOOK – LIMITED EDITION EXCLUSIVE

• Exclusive perfect-bound book covering everything you wanted to know about Tobe Hooper, chainsaws and more! Featuring new writing on the director's early works by Brad Stevens, an investigation of Tobe Hooper's three-picture Cannon deal by Calum Waddell, new writing on The Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2 by John Kenneth Muir, a look at the film's long battle with the BBFC and an exclusive interview with Hooper by Stefan Jaworzyn, author of The Texas Chainsaw Massacre Companion, rounded off with an appraisal of the highs and lows of the Texas Chainsaw franchise by Joel Harley, all illustrated with archive stills.

Katatonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 01:59 AM   #12
Cannibal Chris
Victim

Review of the new set is up!
http://www.cannibalreviews.com/2013/...assacre-2.html

www.cannibalreviews.com
Cannibal Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 03:11 AM   #13
elDomenechHDG
HackMaster

Thanks for the link to the review. Very refreshing to finally see something positive said about the film itself. All you ever hear are comments like "this was crap", or "it didn't live up to my expectations" or "I was disappointed". For fuck's sake, this isn't Shakespeare! It's not even a "guilty pleasure", TCM 2 is awesome. People should stop comparing sequels (or remakes for that matter) to the originals, otherwise you'll never going to enjoy the movies for what they are: entertainment. That being said, there's no question this is a must-have. Already preordered.
elDomenechHDG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 05:03 AM   #14
Zombie Dude
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by elDomenechHDG View Post
Thanks for the link to the review. Very refreshing to finally see something positive said about the film itself. All you ever hear are comments like "this was crap", or "it didn't live up to my expectations" or "I was disappointed". For fuck's sake, this isn't Shakespeare! It's not even a "guilty pleasure", TCM 2 is awesome. People should stop comparing sequels (or remakes for that matter) to the originals, otherwise you'll never going to enjoy the movies for what they are: entertainment. That being said, there's no question this is a must-have. Already preordered.
My issue with it is that there's a lot of yelling and screaming for the most part that makes it less engaging and more of a nuisance on the ears. No one expects Shakespeare from this, it just feels poorly written plus looses the grindehouse feel of the original.
Oh, and I hate Choptop

I will add that this set looks great though. A real treat for fans

Last edited by Zombie Dude; 10-06-2013 at 11:16 AM.
Zombie Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 06:50 AM   #15
shithead
Death By Ejaculation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannibal Chris View Post
Do you have the old MGM Blu-Ray? If so, how does it compare?

My DVDs
shithead is offline   Reply With Quote