Horror Digital Forum  

Go Back   Horror Digital Forum > All Things Horror > General

Old 07-27-2013, 10:17 PM   #91
SpaceAce
Maniac

Their customer service is not open on Saturday so I will have to wait until Monday to speak with them to get this fixed.
SpaceAce is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 06:34 PM   #92
SpaceAce
Maniac

I got ahold of Hastings customer service and they said that they would refund my money on both movies but I would have to place another order since they didn't have any stock from where she was (not sure what that meant) and they couldn't just send a replacement. She did say I had to return one of the movies due to the cost of it (like $6 or so) and that they would email me a return address label so I cuold ship it at no cost to me. Once they get the movie back then they will refubnd my money. She said I could just keep the other movie. So overall not too bad, but kind of a hassle, and my main concern was if I place another order to get the movie I wanted, what are the chances I get stuck with the remake again?? Not too sure I want to chance that again.
SpaceAce is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 09:50 PM   #93
Dobby
HackMaster

For what it's worth everything I buy on Amazon is shipped UPS. I guess Amazon got tired of getting fucked by the USPS.
Dobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 10:06 PM   #94
Katatonia
The Dark and the Light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dobby View Post
For what it's worth everything I buy on Amazon is shipped UPS. I guess Amazon got tired of getting fucked by the USPS.
All of my recent orders have returned to being shipped by UPS too. It's not surprising that they probably had problems with using the USPS so much recently.

Katatonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 10:08 PM   #95
Dobby
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katatonia View Post
All of my recent orders have returned to being shipped by UPS too. It's not surprising that they probably had problems with using the USPS so much recently.
USPS was probably costing them in the millions fucking thieves!
Old 08-06-2013, 10:15 PM   #96
Katatonia
The Dark and the Light

Quote:
USPS was probably costing them in the millions fucking thieves!
They were probably just screwing up deliveries with late or lost/misplaced packages. I hate dealing with the postal service, I've certainly had enough of those problems in the last year with them!

Old 08-07-2013, 12:59 AM   #97
Dobby
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katatonia View Post
They were probably just screwing up deliveries with late or lost/misplaced packages. I hate dealing with the postal service, I've certainly had enough of those problems in the last year with them!
Yeah and it's safe to say Amazon has thrown the towel in.
Old 08-07-2013, 04:28 AM   #98
msw7
Morso a morte

Strangely, the USPS hasn't lost a package of mine in maybe two years. Before that they lost or damaged about 1 in 4. Maybe they just rotate the bad employees around the country instead of firing them?
msw7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 05:59 AM   #99
Egg_Shen
broomhead

Quote:
Some months back a postal worker delivered a padded envelope to me that had been ripped open and the contents removed. She handed this to me and proceeded to leave. I had to go out after her and explain that an empty envelope was not what I had ordered. I called Amazon and they were good enough to send out another copy the same day.
Egg_Shen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 06:07 AM   #100
maybrick
HackMaster

Within the past 40 years I have never had a single problem with the USPS. EVER. You guys must just live in shitty neighborhoods. I've heard the stories and just plain don't understand what the hell you all are talking about.
maybrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 06:22 AM   #101
Katatonia
The Dark and the Light

Quote:
Originally Posted by maybrick View Post
Within the past 40 years I have never had a single problem with the USPS. EVER. You guys must just live in shitty neighborhoods. I've heard the stories and just plain don't understand what the hell you all are talking about.
Well try living here, because THEY FUCK UP EVERYTHING. I don't live in a "shitty neighborhood" either.

They leave registered mail packages without getting a signature.

Half the time they don't even scan packages that have Delivery Confirmation.

They often misdeliver packages to other addresses.

They often "misplace" packages, so they arrive weeks or months later. Who knows where they were in the meantime.

Etc... Etc...

And complaining to supervisors or postal inspectors does no good at all. Screw the USPS morons here.

Old 08-07-2013, 06:27 AM   #102
maybrick
HackMaster

WELL! I don't know about you, but that certainly sounds like a shitty area to me...
maybrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 06:35 AM   #103
Katatonia
The Dark and the Light

Quote:
Originally Posted by maybrick View Post
WELL! I don't know about you, but that certainly sounds like a shitty area to me...
Shitty USPS area? Yes, I would completely agree. They're absolutely pathetic and hire idiots here that can't do their jobs.

Shitty area in general? No.

Old 08-07-2013, 06:38 AM   #104
Dobby
HackMaster

Worst case scenario in Keene, NH is your flooding problems. I doubt the people in your town are running around at USPS stealing shit. Unless there is another flood then yeah I can see packages getting lost. It all depends on where you live when it comes to getting boned by USPS.
Old 08-07-2013, 06:53 AM   #105
Katatonia
The Dark and the Light

Another stupid thing is that I live on a "Place" division of homes, which has been that way for decades. The street signs all still say "Place" at the end.

The postal service however now officially recognizes it as "Street" or "ST" despite what all of the official street signs and maps say.

Half the time whenever I even order something online, it comes up with "We can only ship to the official USPS street address, so please change this to "ST" for your order."

And you simply cannot get that bullshit changed no matter who you contact. The city blames the USPS, and the USPS blames the city.

Considering the fact that it's been a "Place" for decades and the postal service suddenly changed it only 5+ years ago with no explanation...I'd wager it's not the city screwing things up.